On 11/25/2021 at 5:45 PM, Lyichir said:

It remains to be seen what Lego opts for for the anniversary set. I would think something easier to adapt faithfully like Space or Castle would be more likely than Bionicle regardless of how it did in the poll, but a part of me wouldn't rule it out entirely. If nothing else its performance in the poll could signal to Lego the viability of some sort of tribute set even if this particular anniversary set doesn't end up being the place for it.

My theory is that they'll release 3 or 4 anniversary sets, one for each of the finalists. That, or create a set that incorporates all of the finalist themes together into one. It seems highly suspicious that TLG bent their own rules to make sure that Castle would be included in the final selections.

6 hours ago, DelQuinn said:

My theory is that they'll release 3 or 4 anniversary sets, one for each of the finalists. That, or create a set that incorporates all of the finalist themes together into one. It seems highly suspicious that TLG bent their own rules to make sure that Castle would be included in the final selections.

I severely hope you are correct.  because then we would only be at the mercy of Bionicle and wandering what else could had been the other sets to be honest!

I'll be shocked if we get ANYTHING for Classic Space other than some stupid Target gift wrap & plushy space men.

20 hours ago, danth said:

I'll be shocked if we get ANYTHING for Classic Space other than some stupid Target gift wrap & plushy space men.

Don’t forget the Space Puzzle hahaha

On 12/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, danth said:

Getting back to the original theme of this thread, this is why we need to figure out ways to get Classic Space better represented on LEGO Ideas.  We can't say that TLG doesn't want to take Classic Space ideas if none ever reaches the 10,000 supporters mark. They are not even getting the chance to say no to them.

I knew going into it that the anniversary set would make or break my Ideas project.  If they do make a Classic Space one, especially one similar to my project, them I'm probably dead in the water.  If they make anything else, I can promote mine as one of the options that can fill that void.

City Space getting Classic Space logos is a mixed feeling, love the torsos and logo stickers for sure, but what is it supposed to mean, a prequel to classic space timeline, mixed with current-day real world artemis program.

My two cents: Don't read too much into the Classic-inspired logo on the 2022 City Space sets.  It doesn't "mean" anything, it's just a fun nod to the past.  Besides, it isn't the actual Classic Space logo, because it has a blue planet instead of a yellow moon.  Lego has been putting Classic-inspired logos on Space or Space-adjacent sets for a while.  Heck, the Monkie Kid Moonbase has a Classic-inspired logo, only it's a rabbit swooshing around a cake!

On 12/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, TeriXeri said:

City Space getting Classic Space logos is a mixed feeling, love the torsos and logo stickers for sure, but what is it supposed to mean, a prequel to classic space timeline, mixed with current-day real world artemis program.

Keep in mind that EVERY wave of City Space sets so far (2011, 2015, 2019, and 2022) has had a new logo that's at least loosely inspired by the Classic Space logo: https://brickset.com/sets/theme-City/subtheme-Space Moreover, each City Space logo is based on the sorts off missions depicted in those sets. The 2011 and 2015 waves' logos each depicted a spacecraft orbiting Earth, the 2019 wave's logo depicts a spacecraft doing a flyby of Mars, and the 2022 wave depicts a spacecraft orbiting the moon.

In addition to being a nostalgic throwback to the Classic Space logo (both as a fun reference for long-time fans and a hint that these Earth-based space programs will  a precursor to LEGO Space's far-future space voyages). these are also probably meant as a reference to the various NASA mission insignias over the years. And those two sources of inspiration have a pretty natural synergy, since the Classic Space logo was itself likely at least partially inspired by the original 1959 NASA logo, as documented here.

16 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

In addition to being a nostalgic throwback to the Classic Space logo (both as a fun reference for long-time fans and a hint that these Earth-based space programs will  a precursor to LEGO Space's far-future space voyages). these are also probably meant as a reference to the various NASA mission insignias over the years. And those two sources of inspiration have a pretty natural synergy, since the Classic Space logo was itself likely at least partially inspired by the original 1959 NASA logo, as documented here.

Yeah the Apollo Program insignia also look to be inspiration for the yellow cratered version of the Classic Space logo, and then the Artemis Program insignia is basicly a very modern version of the original apollo design.

800px-Apollo_program.svg.png375px-Artemis_program_(original_with_wordmark).svg.png

Edited by TeriXeri

On 11/24/2021 at 2:46 PM, TeriXeri said:

There was no reveal , but Classic Space was the 2nd in that vote behind Bionicle, and its just my personal opinion that Bionicle isn't iconic enough for a 90th anniversary, however Bionicle is not forgotten as there have been stickers in sets with Bionicle references, so maybe I'm wrong, but I personally see LEGO Bricks more iconic instead of CCBS that didn't exist for at least the first 50 years of LEGO bricks (1949-1999, 1999 was when Slizers appeared, which were the first ancestors of the Bionicle system imo)

I know a few sets aren't enough to set a trend but the recent sets seem to signal a preference to brick based action figures. it still has the legacy of CCBS and mixels in terms of ball joints but the bulk are bricks/plates/tiles.

And this is why I want bionicle to win the fan vote, because it's the last chance. Even if the molds are gone, and the closest we could get would be a brick-built tahu or great spirit robot, the chance to at least get an official bionicle themed set again is very exciting to me. Space, castle, and pirates get shafted by lego, yes, but at least those themes get creator sets, or ideas sets like barracuda bay and the blacksmith shop. Bionicle has had nothing since the failed CCBS reboot, aside from a few scattered references. And now it seems like even CCBS is gone. This is our last chance.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And this is why I want bionicle to win the fan vote, because it's the last chance. Even if the molds are gone, and the closest we could get would be a brick-built tahu or great spirit robot, the chance to at least get an official bionicle themed set again is very exciting to me. Space, castle, and pirates get shafted by lego, yes, but at least those themes get creator sets, or ideas sets like barracuda bay and the blacksmith shop. Bionicle has had nothing since the failed CCBS reboot, aside from a few scattered references. And now it seems like even CCBS is gone. This is our last chance.

From that perspective , I agree, I just have no personal connection with bionicle as all of it was during my no LEGO period, I had almost all Slizers as my last sets around 1999-2001, and the instructions of a combined mega build out of multiple Slizer was great and I can see how Bionicle/Hero Factory and the other CCBS allowed much more beyond that.

I can understand CCBS being part of LEGO history for quite a long time, and could even be someone's main/only LEGO experience as there were MANY sets.

I don't want to come across as selfish, if the 90th anniversary set is something bionicle and well done I'd certainly be interested in it.

Space gets some interesting things this year as well, City Space sets weren't revealed at the time I last wrote that , and we got more pictures of the Monkie Kid Spaceship + Moon Cake set as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/3/2021 at 11:34 PM, danth said:

"I want to believe"

I would have loved a plushy space man for my little girl but there's no way to get them in Europe, alas.

NGL, I want a stupid plushy space man too. I NEED some actual Space Legos, but I'll take a plushy in the mean time. I guess.