Sign in to follow this  
Grover

CDC2 CMF: Grover [Magical Mishaps]

In the fantastical Historica, there are times where magic can have unexpected consequences.  Some of these are random, while other times the unscrupulous or unwitting can bring changes on themselves…

OWAveijl.jpg

Avalonia

Bunny Swap

Vh73Wxhm.jpg

Too near a nexus of magical energy, this adventurer had his body swapped with a nearby Avalonian Giant Hare.

Pig Headed

6oNTj85m.jpg

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”  This king found out what the wizard thought of him after causing grave offense.

Elarf

Q5lp5PWm.jpg

An Avalonian elf and his Mitgardian dwarven traveling partner were unfortunately part of a magical explosion.  The elf got the short end of the stick.

Mitgardia

Dwalf

bnn3stPm.jpg

The Mitgardian counterpart to the Elarf.  Reaching new heights.

Stoned

rNqz6JWm.jpg

This warrior agreed to fight a ‘Meh’ Doula in a crowded bar one night.  Too bad he had prepared to fight an average midwife and not the serpent haired demon he did.  Now he is a bird garderobe.

The Vanished

n6QcEOKm.jpg

Cursed to be ignored after taking advantage of a tribal priestess, this popular playboy slowly faded from sight and is largely forgotten now.

Kaliphlin

Mermaidman

DJ21BAlm.jpg

Having failed to kill a sea-witch, this old triton was transfigured into the body of a mermaid.

Sandmaid

EyPHRbpm.jpg

The sandman is a mythical being who brings sleep to the weary.  A tryst with a mortal produced a daughter who puts people to sleep when she is not sleeping herself!

The Dessert King

3HlQ8gdm.jpg

Never a good speller, the erstwhile ruler of Kaliphlin angered a minor goddess and was forced to bring pastries to his subjects for a month he wishes would be forgotten.

Nocturnus

Orctaur

JzYCgJ5m.jpg

One of the few beneficial mishaps, an enchantment gone awry from the local shaman melded the body of an orc warrior to his horse, bringing greater speed and stamina.  He's also faster on foot and can run for longer periods without getting winded. :grin:

The One Eye Love

5yuk7Obm.jpg

Captain of the Nocturnus cheerleading squad, Carrie was not popular with the other cheerleaders.  She was criticized for lacking any depth of field and was always unable to see the other side of an argument.

WTF?

dwqTnOYm.jpg

Yeah, it’s Nocturnus.  Don’t ask.

Varlyrio

Snakebuckler

MPtqZ9hm.jpg

This swashbuckler prayed for fast, smooth moves.  Prayers answered.

Slimfast™

lTeJMwsm.jpg

This overly vain DiCarlo daughter felt she was overweight so drank a potion to help her slim down.

Lawyer

lH2kLwtm.jpg

“You are ssssserved!”  Literally cursed by an unhappy client.

Philadelphia

Bob

l2x0Uplm.jpg

Cursed by a gypsy after drukenly vomiting on her, Bob found himself in Historica and traveled about, finally settling in Avalonia.

Spoiler

Definitely not my best work, but my workspace is overcrowded with junk from another room and my limited time has become even less, so I figured I'd just make some people laugh while supporting my guild.  Enjoy all the jokes!

Edited by Grover

Those are some interesting characters that you brought to life there! NPU on the vanished man :laugh: .The stonyfied warrior is simple but great, and the dessert king is probably the best curse, and after all, surely he can snitch a little and be happy :wink: .

:laugh:  The DK is never going to live this down! :grin:  Slimfast is also a great one.  And the empty plate made me laugh right off when I saw the full picture of the series. 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, W Navarre said:

Those are some interesting characters that you brought to life there! NPU on the vanished man :laugh: .The stonyfied warrior is simple but great, and the dessert king is probably the best curse, and after all, surely he can snitch a little and be happy :wink: .

Thanks!  I had some fun with these, despite not being able to access about half my pieces due to junk in the way!  I think the Dessert King is probably my favorite.

22 hours ago, Servertijd said:

Hah! you got me there with the vanished one! The stoned has a funny story too! 

Awesome!  I was waiting for someone else to do an invisible mini like this!

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:laugh:  The DK is never going to live this down! :grin:  Slimfast is also a great one.  And the empty plate made me laugh right off when I saw the full picture of the series. 

I agree, we'll have to make references on the sly to the 'Dessert King' in future builds!  Glad you enjoyed the empty plate.  My goal was just to make people laugh!

:laugh_hard:
That's just a perfect series! I first looked at it while at work and...well...I had to stop at the third minifig as it was way too hard to maintain a perfect poker face.

Anyways. The minifigs do look great and there are many very nice part usage. The dessert king for example...I think most (of not all) of us can relate to this typo, and it's really a perfect use of that otherwise rather odd huge cake! Same with WTF and those long legs. 

My favourite is the sandmaid, who looks gorgeous, and has a top-notch expression.

PS:

On 10/28/2021 at 5:06 AM, Grover said:

Now he is a bird garderobe.

"Qu'en termes élégants, ces choses-là sont dites!" (Molière, in Le Misanthrope

PPS : so glad to see Bob back once more! 

PPPS : the Vanished One is art. Pure Art.

Edited by Aurore

On 10/31/2021 at 3:06 PM, Gideon said:

Thanks for quite a few good laughs :laugh_hard:

Excellent, thank you!

On 11/1/2021 at 7:43 AM, Aurore said:

:laugh_hard:
That's just a perfect series! I first looked at it while at work and...well...I had to stop at the third minifig as it was way too hard to maintain a perfect poker face.

Anyways. The minifigs do look great and there are many very nice part usage. The dessert king for example...I think most (of not all) of us can relate to this typo, and it's really a perfect use of that otherwise rather odd huge cake! Same with WTF and those long legs.
My favourite is the sandmaid, who looks gorgeous, and has a top-notch expression.

PS:

"Qu'en termes élégants, ces choses-là sont dites!" (Molière, in Le Misanthrope)
PPS : so glad to see Bob back once more!
PPPS : the Vanished One is art. Pure Art.

Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed!  I figured if I couldn't reach all my minis because parts were blocked by storage bins, I'd at least go for some laughs, so it seems to have worked!  Maybe I will use the sandmaid in another build... :classic:  And yes, hard not to bring Bob into a build that is supposed to be humorous!

On 11/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

This is quite the collection of unfortunate genetic mishaps, I got a good laugh out of them :laugh:

Awesome!  Glad people are enjoying this!

On 11/7/2021 at 11:41 AM, DwalinF said:

Vanished is the most beauriful fig!

Thank you.  The build was exhausting! :wink:

On 11/18/2021 at 2:05 PM, jtooker said:

The elf <-> dwarf are great!  The vanished made me chuckle.  These are all fun - great job.

Thanks!  I was hoping everyone would enjoy!