Kai NRG

Those Terrible Tulips

Sometimes everything seems to go wrong on the same day, and yesterday Uncle's day was just like that.

He got up on the wrong side of the bed, his mustache wouldn't curl right, his pants got stained, and he lost four buttons.

When Uncle is in a bad mood, he goes to his green house to see his beloved palm tree seedlings, and that always fixes things.  But today when he went to his greenhouse...

jQEvRBgTTcoFatjQ12UfphB164uZ6F-metaVHVsaXBzICgyKS5KUEc%3D-___media_library_original_1328_1536.jpg

All the beds had been replanted with tulips and the poor neglected palm seedlings were fading away!

Of course Uncle was furious.  "Elaine!!" he shouted.

MXiOBkcasl1ed0L6sWXbuHiX8wAseM-metaVHVsaXBzICgxKS5KUEc%3D-___media_library_original_1240_1240.jpg

Elaine was out, but she had left this on Uncle's desk:

400x644.jpg

That made him less furious.

The story so far:

Something for a Lady

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders

Tulips in the Garden

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips (You are here)

I had every intention of finishing this off in time to enter the mini-challenge, but, well, I didn't.  :pir-laugh:  I included the sack anyways, as gourds... I'm not quite sure how it works.  Just recently got some more 1x2 light grey tiles and I've been wanting to try out this kind of floor so that was fun, and then I spotted Uncle in my minifigure drawer and decided that would be a good way to add humor. :pir-grin:  Hope you enjoyed it!

The tulip madness is spreading! The diagonal 1x2 tiles in the floor and the curved greenhouse walls really add some interesting elements to the build. Nice work!

The leaves on the outside of the building do a good job making it look lush

We've seen it a bit now, but I still really like seeing the lever base inverted for use as a flower!

Great construction technique for the greenhouse and the floor. I also like the wooden flower beds were filled with soil, so that the tulips can grow.

I love this. The first picture is clearly the best  We are immediately drawn into the scene. :thumbup:

Tulips in a greenhouse... why do I build large outside plantations??? :pir-laugh:

Wonderful story for Uncle. Love the build, but that first photo is the real star of this post! :thumbup:

Great build kai, and a fantastic use of parts. The window and doors look great here, and the scene is bursting with life despite its small size. 

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed my continuing quest to build immersive scenes on a small footprint. :grin:  Actually, in this case I spent a lot of time editing that first photo to try to get the background properly blurred and the color tones warm and greenhouse like.