mschreiber

[MOD/MOC] 7075 Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship

Hi, this is my first post, so please forgive me if it is rough around the edges. After getting Pirates of Barracuda Bay and, of course, immediately putting the ship together, my four year old wanted a pirate ship of his own. Foolishly, I thought he would love 7075 which is 4+ but it took him about a week to ask "Dad, why does my pirate ship suck?." 10 months and a few thousand pieces later, this is the result. As a challenge, I decided to only use Lego sails and Lego pieces as rigging and I was able to find a place for 100% of the pieces in 7075, so I suppose this could be considered a Mod, though that's stretching it. I intended for this to be a play set, so the deck can be removed just by lifting it up and the rigging for the jib is just hooked on to the end of the jib boom, allowing a child to unhook it and lift off the fo'c'sle, exposing the galley (The turkey can be spun over the galley stove). i don't have any pics of the cabin, yet, but hope to upload some soon. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Here is a link for higher res versions of the same images:

https://imgur.com/a/8YWBj68

a.jpg

b.jpg

e.JPG

g.JPG

f.JPG

c.JPG

d.JPG

A good version of 4+ model! :pir-thumb:

This is really how the original ship should've looked like, it's definitely not bad for a first MOC on here, good job!

Though I feel this post would really benefit from larger images, like the ones in the Imgur folder.

44 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

A good version of 4+ model! :pir-thumb:

This is really how the original ship should've looked like, it's definitely not bad for a first MOC on here, good job!

Though I feel this post would really benefit from larger images, like the ones in the Imgur folder.

I couldn't figure out how to upload the full size ones on here. It limited my upload size to .01MB. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, though. Thanks for the encouragement!

1 minute ago, mschreiber said:

I couldn't figure out how to upload the full size ones on here. It limited my upload size to .01MB. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, though.

Just copy the links to images here and they should pop up automatically like so:

goTjF3U.jpeg

14 hours ago, mschreiber said:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/8YWBj68" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/8YWBj68"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It appears the forum cannot parse IMGUR embed code so I'd done that manually... and it seems to be working on my end, at least.

15 hours ago, mschreiber said:

"Dad, why does my pirate ship suck?." 

:pir_laugh2: He was telling the truth. You built the 7075 in a nice way. Now it looks good next to the Barracuda ship too.

Edited by NOD

This is a really great upgrade to an otherwise "sucky" ship!

Hi, may I ask which pieces did you use and where to find them? Her project is really well done

On 4/11/2023 at 3:14 AM, LoreDek said:

Hi, may I ask which pieces did you use and where to find them? Her project is really well done

I am assuming you mean the pieces for the hull, and some of the other larger, less common pieces. They came from Set #7075 Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship. It was release in 2004, and I purchased that set on bricklink for around $50 US. I checked on bricklink and you can get the set in Europe for around the same. Let me know if you have any other questions!

On 4/21/2023 at 8:56 PM, mschreiber said:

I am assuming you mean the pieces for the hull, and some of the other larger, less common pieces. They came from Set #7075 Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship. It was release in 2004, and I purchased that set on bricklink for around $50 US. I checked on bricklink and you can get the set in Europe for around the same. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi, I don't mean the additional pieces and if anything the instructions on how to "update" the basic model, since I too have the same set ^^ Thank you very much

On 4/27/2023 at 5:42 PM, LoreDek said:

Hi, I don't mean the additional pieces and if anything the instructions on how to "update" the basic model, since I too have the same set ^^ Thank you very much

Oh, I understand now. Unfortunately, no. I don't have any instructions, I have also heavily changed the set, so when I upload new pictures, maybe that will help you.

13 hours ago, mschreiber said:

Oh, I understand now. Unfortunately, no. I don't have any instructions, I have also heavily changed the set, so when I upload new pictures, maybe that will help you.

Ok thank you, quote me so I will see them :D