Sign in to follow this  
ilyabuilder724

[MOC] 42093 Alternative Kei Car

Hi! This my first on Eurobricks and this is my third alternative build for the Corvette ZR1 42093 set. I used the bricks included in the set to build a Kei Car. 

Features
  • Fake V4 engine 
  • HoG steering
  • Functional Hood
  • Foldable seats

Instructions avialable on Rebrickable: https://reb.li/m/90954\

Video demo on YT:  

Some pictures:

20211022_175103.jpg

20211022_174202.jpg

Thank you for visiting this topic! Have a great day!

Edited by ilyabuilder724

3 hours ago, Ivorrr said:

This is a cute build - my first thought when I saw it was actually the 500 :classic:

That actually was the main idea but this car is more like a combo between Zaporozets, Fiat and Mitsubishi 500

2 hours ago, Hrafn said:

Very cute!  I love that you made kind of the opposite of the original vehicle.

Thanks! 

It's really praiseworthy how you made this kind of car with limited resources. The car looks so awesome. The details look really cool. However, I am not sure about the steering. Its position seems awkward specially when used to steer. Another (minor) thing is that when the car moves the whole engine shakes a bit. But I guess that is in general 42093's general engine sturdiness issue.

Overall, pretty amazing job

1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

It's really praiseworthy how you made this kind of car with limited resources. The car looks so awesome. The details look really cool. However, I am not sure about the steering. Its position seems awkward specially when used to steer. Another (minor) thing is that when the car moves the whole engine shakes a bit. But I guess that is in general 42093's general engine sturdiness issue.

Overall, pretty amazing job

Thanks for the comment! The steering was a last minute decision so it was planned after i built the whole bodywork. The engine shaking was made on purpose to make this car feel more old.