Hello,

I guess it´s the season to post a raven...

I added a "calling function". When you push a button on the back, the head moves and the beak opens for a "call". To see the full motion, please watch the video on flickr (last picture).

51627589721_12451f4d60_k.jpg

51628444420_16ba1dc8ea_k.jpg

51628444160_752b26f3e5_k.jpg

51626762722_39c10e7ede_k.jpg

51626761662_7c596292ad_k.jpg

51628474320_82929abddb_k.jpg

51626798822_4c84a837d6_k.jpg

51627842278_99263246aa_k.jpg

51627602311_a3dc0db9a7_b.jpg

Edited by Actionfigure

4 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Super accurate, it looks so real. I can hear it squawking at me; it wants peanuts. Fantastic build!

Nah. It wants your soul. 😜

the wings / tail area is just perfect 

4 hours ago, williejm said:

This is beautiful; stunning work 👏🏼

Thank you very much! :sweet:

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Super accurate, it looks so real. I can hear it squawking at me; it wants peanuts. Fantastic build!

:laugh: Thank you very much! Yea, they love peanuts!

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Nah. It wants your soul. 😜

the wings / tail area is just perfect 

:laugh: Thank you very much! Yea, they love souls! Wait...

Edited by Actionfigure

It's funny, I was listening to Alan Parsons Project's while opening this topic.... and no, sadly the song was not "The Raven" from the Tales of mystery and Imagination album. (It was actually playing "Eye in the Sky", which is still ironic!)

Great MOC, and I love the cawing feature, although I think I know what he's actually saying / cawing:

Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore"

Edited by Murdoch17

11 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

It's funny, I was listening to Alan Parsons Project's while opening this topic.... and no, sadly the song was not "The Raven" from the Tales of mystery and Imagination album. (It was actually playing "Eye in the Sky", which is still ironic!)

Great MOC, and I love the cawing feature, although I think I know what he's actually saying / cawing:

:laugh::wink:

Thank you very much!

Looks awesome! This is not the first time I saw this picture. I watched a video on YouTube, BrickVault was the channel:thumbup:

On 10/25/2021 at 11:17 PM, Murdoch17 said:

I even like the lyrics before "The Raven" rolls in ...

@Actionfigure: This is one of the most inspiring MOCs I have seen for a long, a very long time. I love Alan Parsons and even more so Edgar Alan Poe.

In my university office, I have a plastic raven presiding over all conversations/examinations on a high bookshelf ("there stood a raven whose shadow hung above my door ...")

I believe I need to change that to another plastic material ... but I fear there is no way I can replicate what you have achieved.

Thank you very much for sharing!

All the best,
Thorsten 

On 10/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, AlexxInc said:

Looks awesome! This is not the first time I saw this picture. I watched a video on YouTube, BrickVault was the channel:thumbup:

Than you very much! :classic:

And thank you for the hind! I had no idea. I take a look!

On 10/28/2021 at 11:39 PM, Toastie said:

I even like the lyrics before "The Raven" rolls in ...

@Actionfigure: This is one of the most inspiring MOCs I have seen for a long, a very long time. I love Alan Parsons and even more so Edgar Alan Poe.

In my university office, I have a plastic raven presiding over all conversations/examinations on a high bookshelf ("there stood a raven whose shadow hung above my door ...")

I believe I need to change that to another plastic material ... but I fear there is no way I can replicate what you have achieved.

Thank you very much for sharing!

All the best,
Thorsten 

Vielen, vielen Dank für das Lob! Es freut mich sehr, dass dir der Rabe so gut gefällt! :sweet:

Und vielen Dank für das Video!!

Das mit dem Raben auf dem Regal gefällt mir wirklich gut! Ehrlich gesagt, habe ich dieses Examplar auch ganz oben auf einen Schrank gesetzt!

LG

Felix

8 hours ago, _TLG_ said:

Wow! It is so cool!

Thanks a lot! :classic:

Incredible work! It's really impressive how you were able to make the bird look truly "organic" using geometric/"blocky" LEGO pieces. That's difficult to pull off!

I also love the cawing feature (as with the aforementioned shaping, the movement feels smooth/"organic")!

Perfect sculpturing! I like the exposed studs on the back of the bird as it creates a bit more texture. It looks very organic and real. 

How did you plan it? 

16 hours ago, socalbricks said:

Incredible work! It's really impressive how you were able to make the bird look truly "organic" using geometric/"blocky" LEGO pieces. That's difficult to pull off!

I also love the cawing feature (as with the aforementioned shaping, the movement feels smooth/"organic")!

Thank you so much! It was quite a lot of work and I am very happy that you like it! :sweet:

11 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

Perfect sculpturing! I like the exposed studs on the back of the bird as it creates a bit more texture. It looks very organic and real. 

How did you plan it? 

Thank you very much for the compliment! :sweet:

Well, I started with researches to find suitable pictures and measurement info. I drew a plain sketch of the shape. I already had the technic in mind at this stage. I built the head and added the technique part. The rest grew around this structure. There was a whole lot of trial and error during the whole process!

Edited by Actionfigure

On 11/8/2021 at 4:50 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Simple exquisite build! The way that you made the body flow so well is astonishing! The movement of the raven is fantastic!

Thank you very much for the compliment! :sweet:

On 11/8/2021 at 10:14 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This MOC looks alive! *oh2*

Top notch work! :wub:

Thank you very much! :sweet:

Edited by Actionfigure