Maarten Krol

My 12v layout

Hi everyone, I'm Maarten and new to Eurobricks.

I'm a huge Lego 12v train fan and collector for years. I collect all diesel and electric trains from the 80's (no steam). Recently, our living room was temporary empty and I had a change to make a large 12v layout. This was a long time dream came true! You can check out a video of the layout below.

Hope you enjoy! 

Maarten

Welcome to Eurobricks! Great that you had the opportunity to convert your living room into a LEGO 12 V train world. Huge layout and so many of the iconic locomotives, wagons and structures. The trains perform very well, e. g. 7740 pulling 5 coaches. Do you use two motors to pull such a long train? 

You should add a few streamers, 7777 style trains or build some own MOCs.

47 minutes ago, HoMa said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! Great that you had the opportunity to convert your living room into a LEGO 12 V train world. Huge layout and so many of the iconic locomotives, wagons and structures. The trains perform very well, e. g. 7740 pulling 5 coaches. Do you use two motors to pull such a long train? 

You should add a few streamers, 7777 style trains or build some own MOCs.

This is just one motor. I've powered the main line with just one transformator as well (used the others for the siding and functionalities), but I did connect it at two points to the main line. I've also made sure that no signals were put into the mainline, just on the sidings.

I'm in the process to build the red/white diesel engine from the 7777 book :-)

On 10/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, zephyr1934 said:

That is a great layout! I vote for keeping it out and find somewhere else to put the living room furniture.

Thanks, but unfortunately, the layout is packed for storage:

0B34F1F0-AEB0-47D7-9827-8B3615E153F5.jpeg

Sad! But even packed up, it's still an impressive collection... do you have the boxes?

Also, I saw your video before you posted it here and subscribed :) (you commented on one of my videos)