Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - FB] Beauchamp Shipyard Twin Blast Furnaces

Along the Breshaun waterfront in Le Bellan, the sprawling Beauchamp Shipyard has become a recognizable landmark. With the opening of twin blast furnaces to produce their own steel, the yard is now even more unmistakable to approaching ships. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_5

The latest "Large Factory" rounds out the initial frontage that Admiral Beauchamp had purchased for his grand vision. This latest segment expands pre-existing dock space and ship slips out into the harbor while also building up a rocky bar to park the new smelting operation. Never one to claim a humble nature, Retired Admiral Girard Beauchamp adorned the retaining wall facing the harbor with a massive family crest, no doubt celebrating his son, Edward, finally earning the family the noble title Girard had risked life, and lost limb, to gain. 

Forge2

Despite the massive size of the yard, the activity and spendthrift use of space creates a small feel. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_10

You have to take a step back...

BeauchampShipYardCombined_11

And walk around the grounds...

BeauchampShipYardCombined_7

To truly get a sense...

BeauchampShipYardCombined_12

Of the actual size... 

BeauchampShipYardCombined

Though the functions of the various structures change, there is consistency in the architecture that pulls the various pieces together into the Admiral's favorite of his many economic engines. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_6

Despite peace, the threat of war, the long under appreciated menace of the Loti, keeps the shipyard operating at max capacity. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_9

Necessitating the double barreled blast furnaces, commonly referred to as, "The Twins" in the yard. Bellow operators, shielded from the heat, keep jets of air firing into the crucibles through a complex pulley system. Up above, the raw materials, coal, iron ore, and sulphur, are carted up and layered into the molten slurry. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_4

Down below and on the opposite side, valves allow the pure steel to be poured out in a glowing orange goo into preset ingot molds. Once cool enough to stop glowing, but still hot enough that they would set a wooden table ablaze, they get a quick bath to temper the steel and are placed on polished stone cooling tables until hot, but not painful, to the touch before being placed in racks to await the blacksmiths. 

BeauchampShipYardForge

The flames leaping from the top of the chimneys provide an eerie glow as the sun sets and work continues to keep up with demand. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_13

NOTE1: This may be the last build needed to upgrade Breshaun into the Grand City that is most rightfully ought to be @Ayrlego.

NOTE2: This has taken me over a year. Stats: 19,626 digital lego bricks, "Can be yours through Bricklink apparently for $11,639.96 except a number of bricks don't actually exist. 165 studs wide (1.3 M), by 93 studs long (.75 M), 60 studs high (.5 M). Would weigh 22.7 KG. It is my favorite. 

Edited by CapOnBOBS

Spectacular!:pir-love: Every single construction phase was interesting and beautiful. The complete diorama is superb!:pir-stareyes: So many interesting details.

So big, so full of details.  Super impressive, love the consistent style between buildings as the layouts and purposes change.  The twin furnaces also stand out, great stuff!

Excellent build, and amazing attention to detail. I can hear your computer fan from here though. :pir-laugh:

I love the blast furnaces, they seem quite accurate. The variation in the roof shingling really makes it pop, and just the scale is amazing.

Great job getting Breshaun to a grand city! (And you didn't do it by pumping out low quality builds and gaming the EGS system as Darnok and I did some time ago :pir-look:) All in all, it's quite an accomplishment, as Breshaun is only the 2nd one in the game. 

All in All, Excellent! :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks for all the kind words shipmates. 

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

I can hear your computer fan from here though.

Yeah.... for real... the poor thing...