Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Stars - Mission #7: My Bleeding Hart

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

OoC: Sorry, away visiting family. Didn’t mean to hold things up!

MM Note: All good!

Round 5 of The Forbidden Sector:
Kirwin uncovers Signal 1 Fragment B in D1!
Varen uncovers gear in D5 - 9 coins!
Merei refills O2 at Actaeon.

Storm Phase:
4, 3: The storm moves two tiles to the right. E3 and E4 add one level of debris.
6, 2: The storm moves three tiles up. E5, D6, C5 add one level of debris
3, 1: The storm moves two tiles to the left. B4 and B5 add one level of debris
Everyone except Merei loses one level of O2!
Zaria has 0 levels of O2! Because of her ability, she has one additional round before she begins to lose health.

The majority of the heroes are tosses around by the worsening gravity storm. Waiting for Merei, Zaria finds her reserves dangerously low. Kirwin, however, brings a bit of good news by finding the other fragment of Signal A, allowing them to begin locking onto signals and triangulating Valencia's location!

round_6.png

The Party:
hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 1/14
O2: 3/5

Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 1
Strength: 2
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 2, Piloting 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Credits: 18
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: 4 Hampering Minor Chemical Contained grenades, 3 Plasma Potions, Adventuring Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Hacking Chip, Jetsuit Booster, Aether Brew

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 0/14
O2: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Credits: 151
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Essence of Intellect, Aetherbrew, Plasma Potion, Nanite Elixir

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ)
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 1/13
O2: 4/5
Vitality: 5/5
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 0
Proficiencies: Culture 2, Deception 1, Insight 1, Persuasion 2, Long Range Weapon 1, Coding 1*
Known Spells (if applicable): 
Credits: 124
Equipment: Lawyer's Rifle (Standard Long Range Energy weapon), Translator Cube
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect, Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon), Adrenaline Decoction, 2x Bulking Stim, Fragile Hacking Chip

51159739184_6833cca547_o.png
Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 1/15
O2: 0/5
Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Religion 2, Melee Weapons 2
Known Spells: Warding Bond, Sonic Sweep, Enhanced Vision
Credits: 139
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion (4), Aether Brew, Essence of Toughness, Holoscroll

"Do not forget we need to ensure the areas with the signal fragments are cleared of debris before we can lock onto them. I am going to lock onto our first signal coordinates and then head back to the Actaeon." Zaria could feel it getting hard to breath. She was pushing herself to dangerous lengths, but she knew she could push herself just a little bit more before needing to recuperate. She heads to D4, triangulates the position, and then returns to the Acteaon to refill her oxygen supplies and clear it of debris.

Edited by Kintobor

OoC: Okay, cool, so just so I get it we need to move to the place where the same colors would intersect, take an action there when there is no debris on that space, and then we'll be cleared in that color. Yes?

"Understood, Zaria. I will remain by the ship for now to provide a path home for the others. Varen, Kirwin, you must find those final signals." Merei will...
1. Clear Debris on D5.
2. Move to B5.
3. Clear B5.
4. Clear B4.

ooc: It seems we are moving the field around - is it fair to ask for a bigger grid? Or what do we say if we want to move off grid? Thanks

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

OoC: Okay, cool, so just so I get it we need to move to the place where the same colors would intersect, take an action there when there is no debris on that space, and then we'll be cleared in that color. Yes?

MM Note: That's correct! :sweet:

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

ooc: It seems we are moving the field around - is it fair to ask for a bigger grid? Or what do we say if we want to move off grid? Thanks

MM Note: I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're asking? All the information you need is in the grid. Could you clarify why you'd want to move off of it?

8 hours ago, The Legonater said:

MM Note: I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're asking? All the information you need is in the grid. Could you clarify why you'd want to move off of it?

ooc: our shuttle started on D5 and now it is on E5. That means the space where we are searching for signals is bigger then the original grid. I guess I'm just confused since it seems the ship moved spaces and the yellow up down signal moved from a space below our shuttle to a space next to the shuttle in the last two grid pictures.

OoC: I believe the ship was moved by the storm. Everything else remains where it was originally revealed.

EDIT: Oops, you’re right, one of the signals also moved. Don’t think we need a larger map, just think there was an accident!

4 hours ago, karmajay said:

ooc: our shuttle started on D5 and now it is on E5. That means the space where we are searching for signals is bigger then the original grid. I guess I'm just confused since it seems the ship moved spaces and the yellow up down signal moved from a space below our shuttle to a space next to the shuttle in the last two grid pictures.

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

OoC: I believe the ship was moved by the storm. Everything else remains where it was originally revealed.

EDIT: Oops, you’re right, one of the signals also moved. Don’t think we need a larger map, just think there was an accident!

MM Note: Not an accident, just the design of the game. The storm phase means the grid shifts with every turn. The ship and the directional tiles can be blown around just like any other tile. None of the signals are in "fixed" locations, that's part of the challenge. :classic:

OOC: Once we’ve triangulated a signal it stays on the tile it was triangulated on, correct?

19 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

OOC: Once we’ve triangulated a signal it stays on the tile it was triangulated on, correct?

MM Note: Assuming you're referring to the action of locking onto a signal, this is correct. Once you've locked onto a signal you stay locked onto it.

If I recall correctly in the original game I stole this from, once you had both directional tiles uncovered, a marker would appear on the intersecting tile and that marker would then also move with its tile. In this instance, the marker would go on D4, and if Zaria did not lock down the signal this turn, the marker would travel wherever D4 went. In the name of simplicity, I was going to dispense with the moving marker and let the signal be wherever the directions intersected on that round, so again if Zaria did not lock down the signal and then one of the directional arrows moved during the round, the signal would move with them until it was locked down. That makes more sense to me, but now I'm not sure if that's less confusing or if it's worse. If you'd like, I can add a marker onto the board for future rounds.

To be honest, I figure you all have 2-3 rounds max left before you solve this, but it's up to you. :classic:

Edited by The Legonater

OoC: I think the most elegant solution is to simply write "Yellow Beacon Achieved at D4" or something like that. Just so we remember we've accomplished that one successfully. I would put in Varen's actions, but I believe we're also still waiting for Kirwin?

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

OoC: I think the most elegant solution is to simply write "Yellow Beacon Achieved at D4" or something like that. Just so we remember we've accomplished that one successfully. I would put in Varen's actions, but I believe we're also still waiting for Kirwin?

MM Note: Noted! So for now the Yellow signal is available at D4 and just needs to be locked onto.

17 minutes ago, karmajay said:

Kiriwn will go to D3 and explore it

MM Note: D3 has already been explored! Right now the unexplored tiled are A3, B1, and C2 (two of which you could uncover get in this round! :wink:) as well as the remaining three ships for oxygen. 

12 hours ago, The Legonater said:

MM Note: Noted! So for now the Yellow signal is available at D4 and just needs to be locked onto.

MM Note: D3 has already been explored! Right now the unexplored tiled are A3, B1, and C2 (two of which you could uncover get in this round! :wink:) as well as the remaining three ships for oxygen. 

ooc:Ok, got mixed up there for some reason, thanks!

Kirwin will move to C2, explore C2, move to  B1, explore B1.

6 hours ago, karmajay said:

ooc:Ok, got mixed up there for some reason, thanks!

MM Note: All good!

Would @KotZ or someone else be able to supply a set of actions for Varen?

Round 6 of the Forbidden Sector:
Zaria locks down on Signal 1!
Kirwin uncovers Signal 2 Fragment A in C2!
Kirwin uncovers Signal 3 Fragment B in B1!
Varen finds A3 empty.
Zaria refills at Actaeon.

Storm Phase:
2, 4: Storm moves one tile down. One level of debris added to B3.
1, 1: Storm moves one tile left. One level of debris added to C3.
4, 2: Storm moves two tiles up. One level of debris added to C2 and B2.
Everybody except Zaria loses one level of O2!

Signal 2 can now be locked at B3!
Signal 3 can now be locked at D1!

The heroes have a relievingly safe round, despite the increasing fury of the gravity storm. Zaria fixes upon the first signal and returns to Actaeon to give the information to Alexa. Kirwin is able to find the remaining two fragments, revealing the locations of the other signals. Merei clears the area around the shuttle as Varen finds himself exploring empty space. Curiously, he eyes the shredded remains of another ship. It's strewn apart out of recognition as if torn to ribbons of spaghetti. However, with the other signals ready to be fixed upon, he turns himself from the sight and settles upon the job.

round_7.png

The Party:
hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
O2: 2/5

Inventory: 4 Hampering Minor Chemical Contained grenades, 3 Plasma Potions, Adventuring Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Hacking Chip, Jetsuit Booster, Aether Brew

Merei Teo
Character Points: 0/14
O2: 4/5
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ)
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 1/13
O2: 3/5
Proficiencies: Culture 2, Deception 1, Insight 1, Persuasion 2, Long Range Weapon 1, Coding 1*
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect, Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon), Adrenaline Decoction, 2x Bulking Stim, Fragile Hacking Chip

Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 1/15
O2: 5/5
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour), Farsight Goggles

MM Note: Please ignore the A3's yellow status! That's an error on my part!

Edited by The Legonater

“We need B3 cleared before we can triangulate the signal there. Merei, clear that square and come back to the shuttle. Varen, you should triangulate the signal at B3 and make your way back. Kirwin, move to D1, triangulate the signal, and then come on back.” Zaria, realizing the group can handle the rest of the signal search on their own, stays on the Actaeon and waits.

"Very well."

Merei moves to B4, clears B3, and then uses two movements to return to the Actaeon.

Kirwin shows a thumbs up in response to Zaria's message and then realizes they are in the deep darkness of space and shrugs.

Kiriwn moves to D1, triangulate the signal, and then heads back to the shuttle

Edited by karmajay

OOC: Varen moves to B3, clears the square, triangulates the signal there, and then moves to B5.

Round 7 of The Forbidden Sector:
Kirwin locks down on Signal 3!
Varen locks down on Signal 2!

Storm Phase:
4, 4: The storm moves two tiles down. One level of debris added to A2 and B2, both now blocked.
6, 3: The storm moves three tiles right. One level of debris added to C2C3, and C4C2 and C4 now blocked.
3, 4: The storm moves two tiles down. One level of debris added to C5D5.

Kirwin looks onto his signal and rushes back to the shuttle as the storm picks up in ferocity. Merei is able to clear out the debris in front of Varen, allowing the detective to lock down on the final signal freely. Merei beats Varen to Actaeon and looks back at her companion. The gravity surges bear down, practically chasing Varen back to the shuttle. In his action, he isn't quite able to make it to Actaeon as the cosmic winds surge around the party...

round_final_a.png

cygnus_fixed.png
Strap in, everyone!

Alexa sparks the engines to life and rides the gravity storm, swinging Actaeon in Varen's direction. He's able to cling onto the hull as the Hart shuttle passes by, and steps inside, feeling slightly safer from the chaos outside.

jace_white.png
That was tighter than I would have liked, but still well done all the same. I bet you'll all feel a bit more prepared next time you have to take a space walk.

Everyone gains 1 Character Point!

Alexa wordlessly takes the information gathered by the heroes and begins the work of triangulating Valencia's position from the data. As she does so, the heroes gather, shaking off the harrowing experience.

jace_white.png
How's everyone holding up? Looks like y'all did it. Once Alexa is finished we should have a clear shot to Valencia, and getting at the heart of all of this. Remember, your task is going to be to assess the condition of Valencia and her cargo, especially Mortizar's special haul. This might be your last time to ask me any questions before y'all board, so fire away.

The Party:
hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 2/14
Inventory: 4 Hampering Minor Chemical Contained grenades, 3 Plasma Potions, Adventuring Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Hacking Chip,  Aether Brew

Merei Teo

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ)
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 2/13

Zaria Kanara (Kintobor)
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 2/15

Zaria begins to remove her helmet to her spacesuit, running her hand through her hair, trying to regain it to it's original volume after being crammed into the helmet. "I cannot think of any questions at the moment. Likely once we see a better view of this missing freighter I might have questions in need of answers, but for now I am relieved our space walk went as smoothly as it did!" She beams at the rest of her team. As much as she understood the dangers of the walk, she couldn't help but feel the thrill of being adrift in the vastness of space still linger inside her, especially in a place a beautiful as it was dangerous as the Forbidden Sector.

Kirwin says "No casualties is always a plus in my book! Anyway if we need to access the cargo - shouldn't we be told if there are any surprises in the cargo? So we need to worry about dangerous animals or materials or items if we will be messing around in there?"