Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Stars - Mission #7: My Bleeding Hart

"If we go we go, right?" Varen chuckles. "I think it's fine. If not, hopefully it's quick."

Zaria frowns in dismay at the state of the woman as she examines her. So much death, and for what? "I feel like we should at least speak to him before we do anything hasty." Zaria points to the man on the floor. "I would prefer not being jettisoned out into space."

“I’m with Zaria. We should gain as much information as we can before turning the ship back on. There may be a reason it is off. We still haven’t found Greenlaw. And where have our two new arrivals disappeared to?”

16 hours ago, Zepher said:

“I’m with Zaria. We should gain as much information as we can before turning the ship back on. There may be a reason it is off. We still haven’t found Greenlaw. And where have our two new arrivals disappeared to?”

"We should probably go round them up."

Zaria stands up and moves to the other person on the floor, looking them over to see if they're injured.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria stands up and moves to the other person on the floor, looking them over to see if they're injured.

The dwarf seems beaten up and unconscious but is not seriously injured. You can't make out any Hydra on him.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, The Legonater said:

- Engineering > Container Beta Access port currently disabled. Running diagnostic...

Kirwin works on access for Beta container .

“Wake the dwarf, Zaria.” Merei drinks an Aetherbrew and heals Varen and Kirwin.

Zaria makes an attempt to wake up the dwarf. She kneels down and begins to speak to him, shaking him if need be. "Are you alright? It is not safe and we need to get you out of here. Varuth's guidance will be with us, friend."

22 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin works on access for Beta container .

Kirwin fiddles with the controls to little avail. The destroyed airlock continues trying to close but is never quite able to reach full functionality. Without Valencia Alpha's lock functioning, the ship is unable to safely bring the two vessels together. However, the airlock on Container Beta appears to be functioning just fine. All that stands between them and the container, just a few feet away, is the emergency shielding and the expanse of space. 

20 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Wake the dwarf, Zaria.” Merei drinks an Aetherbrew and heals Varen and Kirwin.

(4, +1) 5 spirit restored.

(4, +1), (4, +1) 2 Vitality restored to both Varen and Kirwin

MM Note:oh: What a weird set of rolls.

19 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria makes an attempt to wake up the dwarf. She kneels down and begins to speak to him, shaking him if need be. "Are you alright? It is not safe and we need to get you out of here. Varuth's guidance will be with us, friend."

dwarf.png
Oh dear... miss... are you a priest of Varuth? We could certainly use some guidance, I fear... what time is it?

Edited by The Legonater

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

[Dwarf pic incoming]

Oh dear... miss... are you a priest of Varuth? We could certainly use some guidance, I fear... what time is it?

Zaria holds a hand out to help the dwarf up. "It's time to get you to safety. My name is Zaria, and I am a priestess of Varuth. We've been sent to help you. Mind giving me your name?" Zaria asks the dwarf. She knew she looked weary from all this death surrounding her, but she knew if there was one person who needed protection, she had an obligation to help.

13 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria holds a hand out to help the dwarf up. "It's time to get you to safety. My name is Zaria, and I am a priestess of Varuth. We've been sent to help you. Mind giving me your name?" Zaria asks the dwarf. She knew she looked weary from all this death surrounding her, but she knew if there was one person who needed protection, she had an obligation to help.

dwarf.png
I-I-I am Frederick Worley. I'm afraid I must warn you that it-t isn't very safe at all aboard Valencia at the moment. What would bring you into such calamity as such? 

On 1/22/2022 at 11:17 PM, The Legonater said:

Kirwin fiddles with the controls to little avail. The destroyed airlock continues trying to close but is never quite able to reach full functionality. Without Valencia Alpha's lock functioning, the ship is unable to safely bring the two vessels together. However, the airlock on Container Beta appears to be functioning just fine. All that stands between them and the container, just a few feet away, is the emergency shielding and the expanse of space. 

ooc: can we get a bit more explanation or a non-detailed drawing of the locks and containers? From the last couple posts in regards to them I'm a bit confused on how they look or work? Thanks!

2 hours ago, karmajay said:

ooc: can we get a bit more explanation or a non-detailed drawing of the locks and containers? From the last couple posts in regards to them I'm a bit confused on how they look or work? Thanks!

MM Note: Of course! I probably could have been clearer about this.

Valencia is basically a big space train; a big tug freighter with a bunch of containers hitched behind. The containers are hitched via an energy field but travel between the containers is possible with the air locks. Basically if everything was in working order, the freighter (Alpha) and the first container (Beta) would be pulled together and locked in place so that you could step into the airlock, safely cycle air and everything, and then step out of the airlock on the other side, entering the container. 

Right now, the airlock in Alpha has been destroyed, so there’s an emergency shield up to stop the air of the ship from getting out. This means Alpha and Beta can’t safely lock together, but Beta’s air lock is still working, you just need to get to it. 

41 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

MM Note: Of course! I probably could have been clearer about this.

Valencia is basically a big space train; a big tug freighter with a bunch of containers hitched behind. The containers are hitched via an energy field but travel between the containers is possible with the air locks. Basically if everything was in working order, the freighter (Alpha) and the first container (Beta) would be pulled together and locked in place so that you could step into the airlock, safely cycle air and everything, and then step out of the airlock on the other side, entering the container. 

Right now, the airlock in Alpha has been destroyed, so there’s an emergency shield up to stop the air of the ship from getting out. This means Alpha and Beta can’t safely lock together, but Beta’s air lock is still working, you just need to get to it. 

Kiriwn stares at the control station. They try to boost the power to the shield covering the alpha doorway to extend to the beta airlock.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:43 PM, The Legonater said:

dwarf.png
I-I-I am Frederick Worley. I'm afraid I must warn you that it-t isn't very safe at all aboard Valencia at the moment. What would bring you into such calamity as such? 

"What were you doing here, Worley?" asks Merei. "And who is that?" Feeling a little silly seeming the person's condition, Merei leans close to Zaria. "Are they dead? Or can anything be done for them?" Merei paces towards the airlock, glancing back at Kirwin. "Can we do anything about this? If we must, we can accompany everyone back to the Actaeon and prepare for another spacewalk. I'm still concerned that we haven't seen the Space Police. Could they have crossed into the containers already?" As she speaks Merei chugs an Aetherbrew, and then heals Varen and Kirwin.

2 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kiriwn stares at the control station. They try to boost the power to the shield covering the alpha doorway to extend to the beta airlock.

Kiwin Coding Check DC 3 - (4, 6, 3, 6, 5) Four successes

Kirwin proves yet again their aptitude with technology. Their hands racing across the engineering console, they are able to manipulate Valencia's shielding to form a protective bubble across the space to Container Beta, keeping the area oxyginated. 

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

"What were you doing here, Worley?" asks Merei. "And who is that?" Feeling a little silly seeming the person's condition, Merei leans close to Zaria. "Are they dead? Or can anything be done for them?" Merei paces towards the airlock, glancing back at Kirwin. "Can we do anything about this? If we must, we can accompany everyone back to the Actaeon and prepare for another spacewalk. I'm still concerned that we haven't seen the Space Police. Could they have crossed into the containers already?" As she speaks Merei chugs an Aetherbrew, and then heals Varen and Kirwin.

dwarf.png
I was simply doing my job, ma'am - I'm an assistant engineer. I was on shift with Arty. He gives a shaky nod in the direction of the woman's body. Oh, sweet Arty Callaghan. She deserved better than a fate like that... damned parasite tore her limb from limb and scuttled back off like it had places to be... As for if anything can be done for her, I'm not sure. Af'ore all, last I remember I was simply doing my job when that thing came and jabbed me in the neck, and... well, I wake up and you're all here. I presume a minute or so of time has passed since then. 

Merei then chugs an Aetherbrew - (2, +1) 3 Spirit restored.

Merei heals Varen - (6, +1) 2 Successes, 2 Vitality restored.

Merei heals Kirwin - (5, +1) 2 Successes, 2 Vitality restored.

Merei updates her logs accordingly.

<Valencia|PersonellFiles>
Barlow, Ruby - Cargo Engineer
Callaghan, Artemis - Assistant Engineer (Deceased)
Dunn, Simon - Head Pilot
Fitzgerald, Gordon - Assistant Pilot ("Abandoned" in Mess Hall/possibly dead?)
Gail, Andrea - Chief of Security (Deceased)
Greenlaw, Linda - Lead Scientist
Ilbery, Edward - Captain
 (Retrieved)
Irving, Jane - Assistant Pilot (Retrieved)
Larson, Alexi - Bridge Engineer (Retrieved)
Lightfoot, Edmund - Comms Officer ("Abandoned" in Mess Hall/possibly dead?)
Luce, Jamie - Doctor (Went to retrieve Fitzgerald and Lightfoot)
McMaugh, Jim - Custodian
McSorley, Ernest - Chief Engineer (Set Off To Destroy The Ship / UPDATE: Plant Signal Booster)
Moran, Michael - Cargo Security (Deceased, Medical Bay)
Morrison, Joan - Security Sergeant
Noble, Jim - Bridge Engineer
Shatford, Robert - Bridge Engineer
Shaw, Quincy - Assistant Doctor
Truxton, Tamsin - Cargo Security (Deceased)
Tyne Jr., Wiliam - Cargo Security (Retrieved)
Worley, Frederik - Engineer (Retrieved)
Wood, Greg - Comms Officer (Deceased, Hallway Explosion)

"Worley, most of your surviving crew members, I am sorry to tell you that bluntly, have taken refuge in the Captain's Quarters. You'd do wise to do the same, but we must continue on the containers you were hauling. I have to believe that it has been longer than a few minutes that you've been out, but in truth I don't know. What is the last thing you remember? Do you have any warnings for us? Was the Hydra particularly bad there? Others concocted a scheme to plant a bomb that was instead a functional signal booster somewhere back there. Were you aware of such plans?" Merei looks at her companions. "Kirwin, as always your incredible knowledge is appreciated. Do you know anything about the Aether? You and I might have to have a long talk once we've returned to the Hall. If we return to the Hall. No assumptions. Are we all prepared?"

22 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Worley, most of your surviving crew members, I am sorry to tell you that bluntly, have taken refuge in the Captain's Quarters. You'd do wise to do the same, but we must continue on the containers you were hauling. I have to believe that it has been longer than a few minutes that you've been out, but in truth I don't know. What is the last thing you remember? Do you have any warnings for us? Was the Hydra particularly bad there? Others concocted a scheme to plant a bomb that was instead a functional signal booster somewhere back there. Were you aware of such plans?" 

dwarf.png
Oh dear, oh dear... I know the Chief had Arty on some sort of project, I suppose it could have been that? It all seemed very much 'hush-hush,' I wasn't told anything. 'Didn't hear very much about that Hydra either, but I think the security shifts were saying they had it mostly contained in the cargo sections. Jim was saying they might feed on the living, that they'd suck our brains dry! Horrible to think about. No, no, I tried to stay focused on our work, whatever was left of it. That's all I was doing before it got its claws into me, I don't remember much of anything else.

Edited by The Legonater

"We are making it back to the hall." Zaria replies to Merei, smiling wearily. "Things may be bleak, but that is no reason to get complacent on me."

4 hours ago, The Legonater said:

dwarf.png
Oh dear, oh dear... I know the Chief had Arty on some sort of project, I suppose it could have been that? It all seemed very much 'hush-hush,' I wasn't told anything. 'Didn't hear very much about that Hydra either, but I think the security shifts were saying they had it mostly contained in the cargo sections. Bob was saying they might feed on the living, that they'd suck our brains dry! Horrible to think about. No, no, I tried to stay focused on our work, whatever was left of it. That's all I was doing before it got its claws into me, I don't remember much of anything else.

"Well, the Hydra being contained to the cargo section no longer seems to be the case. Do you know anything about the whereabouts of Doctor Linda Greenlaw?" Zaria asked the dwarf.

Are we all prepared?

Kirwin feels physically refreshed. "Thanks for the healing!"

'Didn't hear very much about that Hydra either, but I think the security shifts were saying they had it mostly contained in the cargo sections. 

"Ok, it seems we are heading into battle in the cargo areas. Does anyone need to trade items so this next fight can be a bit safer? Normally in media we would have some silly boss battle music around this time." Kirwin's eyes open wider. They push a few buttons and the drone starts playing music.

OOC: Trade potions if you need it. I have 2 plasma potions but would like to keep at least one. Also some additional weps but they are just normal ones.

12 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Well, the Hydra being contained to the cargo section no longer seems to be the case. Do you know anything about the whereabouts of Doctor Linda Greenlaw?" Zaria asked the dwarf.

dwarf.png
Linda? Oh dear... last I saw her she was looking into one of the cargo containers... I’m afraid I never saw her return. 

Edited by The Legonater

"I am ready to head out whenever. I have a feeling Linda knows more about the current situation, and I would very much like to have a word with her." Zaria states intensely.

"Are we all ready? Varen, would it be possible for me to take an Aetherbrew from you? I'm out myself, and I don't want to be stuck in combat without it, should the situation become especially dire." Merei walks to the airlock, scooping 10 credits off the ground as she goes. She stands at the ready. "Kirwin, whenever you are prepared, I am as well."

And, if you could add it before I fully forget, this should be in my inventory, but not equipped at the moment.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:09 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Polaris/Merei
51737033843_2a36798668_t.jpg 51793540791_8fe6f95cf3_t.jpg Holo-Tome - Tool (+1 to non-Spell Arcana, Nature, Religion, and Occult Checks)