Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

CDC2 CMF mrcp6d

I decided to go with an overall theme this time rather than simply and only focusing on what might work for each Guild.  So, I present to you:  "Legends and Horror Stories of Historica"
51599878107_d544707e21_b.jpg

There are all manner of scary stories told throughout the ages in Historica.  Some are surely simply tales created for entertainment around a fire on a fall evening.  Some may be fairy tales sometimes used by parents to try to keep their children close to home during dangerous times.  Some may result from the, er, "impaired" sensory experiences of wandering travelers.  But, some, some are true.....

Historica is an ancient land with magics and mysteries stretching many generations.

Who can tell the fact from the fiction?
You?

I doubt it.

51605439223_e0c0836268_c.jpg

51613772774_da852f5c79_c.jpg

51616829778_8ec1f2eddf_c.jpg

51613997375_8de78f2a2c_c.jpg

51607890546_258b14b7c7_c.jpg

51608113343_38f5d2f0b2_c.jpg

51605439473_250e738864_c.jpg

51616829878_25e6057056_c.jpg

51613997415_0dd1d9941a_c.jpg

51617262504_357a47785d_c.jpg

51608543984_e5072b547c_c.jpg

51612293962_35e92063e2_c.jpg

51606099915_aebf61efa8_c.jpg

51616829863_2059131c8f_c.jpg

51607066787_687ccec05f_c.jpg

51606099810_6de1562f90_c.jpg

Flickr album

Congrats everyone on 10 years! :sweet:

Really cool theme and descriptions for the series! There's so many good figs to see here, but my favorites are the enchanted pumpkin, squidman soldier, and looters bane. 

Gotta love that enchanted pumpkin, and the squidman soldier is also one of my favorites!  Several other unique concepts like the looters bane and the ice elemental.

Really great collection here, and timely in its spookiness! I think the ice elemental is a particularly nice build, and the enchanted pumpkin is a fantastic throwback to the early days of GoH.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:43 PM, LordDan said:

Really cool theme and descriptions for the series! There's so many good figs to see here, but my favorites are the enchanted pumpkin, squidman soldier, and looters bane. 

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Gotta love that enchanted pumpkin, and the squidman soldier is also one of my favorites!  Several other unique concepts like the looters bane and the ice elemental.

2 hours ago, The Stad said:

Really great collection here, and timely in its spookiness! I think the ice elemental is a particularly nice build, and the enchanted pumpkin is a fantastic throwback to the early days of GoH.

Thanks folks!  Once I settled on the theme, I knew an enchanted pumpkin had to be done! :grin:

Ooooooh what a great theme! :excited: I think it's really an amazing addition to Historica : you're not only populating it, but also fleshing out its culture!

The individual sheets for each of the minifigs are just perfect. And the minifigs themselves are great too! I especially like the evil djinn, the ice elemental and (of course) the enchanted pumpkin. Background-wise, I think those looter's banes are my favourite. Great potential for reuse in stories and builds (especially with thst mention of subtle difference in browns)!

Awesome series, and really cool presentation! I like the green ghost and the Raven and the Elemental. Also, the pumpkin, haha! 

Wow what a collection!

I was going to list my favorites, but it's actually all of them

Great work, Thanks for sharing!

Just a question. What's that hairpiece in the Ice Elemental?

On 10/27/2021 at 3:23 AM, Aurore said:

Ooooooh what a great theme! :excited: I think it's really an amazing addition to Historica : you're not only populating it, but also fleshing out its culture!

The individual sheets for each of the minifigs are just perfect. And the minifigs themselves are great too! I especially like the evil djinn, the ice elemental and (of course) the enchanted pumpkin. Background-wise, I think those looter's banes are my favourite. Great potential for reuse in stories and builds (especially with thst mention of subtle difference in browns)!

Thanks Aurore!  The djinn is one of my faves too, and I knew I absolutely had to get an enchanted pumpkin in the mix here. :moar:  I found creating the "presentations" for the minifigures to both look good and be potentially a faster workflow overall the last time we had a CMF challenge.  This time, I figured a typical white-ish background wasn't really going to work with the subject matter I had in mind either...  Once the template is created (in GIMP for me), I can move pretty quickly and only type everything once for the back stories--just have to post the pictures!

On 10/27/2021 at 6:57 AM, W Navarre said:

Awesome series, and really cool presentation! I like the green ghost and the Raven and the Elemental. Also, the pumpkin, haha! 

Thanks man!  

On 10/27/2021 at 11:20 AM, Robert8 said:

Wow what a collection!

I was going to list my favorites, but it's actually all of them

Great work, Thanks for sharing!

Just a question. What's that hairpiece in the Ice Elemental?

Thanks Robert8!  That piece is not a hairpiece, it's an "energy effect" in the BrickLink scheme: Power Burst Blaster with Bar Handle.

4 hours ago, Servertijd said:

Looters Bane and the pumpkin are my favourites. Unique and convincing designs!

Thanks Servertijd!  

Oooh!  Some very cool stuff here.  I love the treasure chest monsters, and the use of the Ninjago blue demon horns is perfect.  Love the ice guy too!  I like how you have descriptions for each on an image like a trading card, too!

This is definitely one of my favorite collections, especially how you got away from the typical humanoid proportions with a couple of the figures! Excellent presentation too

On 10/29/2021 at 2:37 AM, Sympatik Brick said:

The squid man and the pumpkin are my favorites one!

I like the two winged warriors too!

Happy Halloween! :devil:

On 10/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, Grover said:

Oooh!  Some very cool stuff here.  I love the treasure chest monsters, and the use of the Ninjago blue demon horns is perfect.  Love the ice guy too!  I like how you have descriptions for each on an image like a trading card, too!

Thanks guys!

On 11/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

This is definitely one of my favorite collections, especially how you got away from the typical humanoid proportions with a couple of the figures! Excellent presentation too

Lego has invented a bunch of stuff for their CMF series, so why not break the mold a little bit eh?  Thanks Umbra!

Fun theme - and very timely for the real-world (Halloween).  Mixing 'fact and fiction' is a fun way to present these supernatural figs.  I'll have to remember to use a Djinn in a future Kaliphlin MOC.  The ice elemental is terrific.  The enchanted pumpkin does stretch believability, but is the most fun figure!  Overall, great variety.