Sign in to follow this  
gilderoy_blockhart

[MOC] HP Hogsmeade Village - Zonko's Joke Shop - UPDATED

Greetings,

Here's a second addition to our modular Hogsmeade MOC. It's an interpretation of Zonko's Joke shop based on theme park photos and my imagination. The downstairs is the joke shop while they've expanded into Cosplay outfits on the second floor. The tall building next door is a take on what an Owlery might look like.. that will be covered in a different post. Apologies about the overexposure in some of the photos. Having difficulty learning how to photograph interiors at that time.

Enjoy !

IG @gilderoy_blockhart https://www.instagram.com/gilderoy_blockhart/

51199512720_2d630ffd53_z.jpg

A quiet morning at Zonko's Joke Shop and Owl Post by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51199512770_fb9aa8c8ac_z.jpg

Evening falls on Zonko's Joke Shop and Owl Post by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51333629889_430266a875_z.jpg

"Why is it always me?" says Neville Longbottom by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51332177692_97e6540f77_z.jpg

zonkos-06 by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51333640534_7a2ffbf00f_z.jpg

zonkos-05a by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51332177772_7121c51d19_z.jpg

zonkos-08 by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51197737442_d928681281_z.jpg

Modular Interior by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51198658953_d25306ccdb_z.jpg

Ground floor sells jokes, tricks, pranks and balloons. by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

51197738177_8acc46c351_z.jpg

Zonko has expanded his business to include costumes on the second floor. by Gilderoy Blockhart, on Flickr

Edited by gilderoy_blockhart
Posted wrong photos...

Such a well thought out build! I love all the tiny little details, and the cosplay room upstairs, great idea! That's carried out very well too! 

The style of the building is very well executed, and the snow buildup is done just right! Off to search for your owlery post! I'll be following your progress on this :) 

Do you have a picture of all your hogsmeade buildings together yet? I'm assuming they're all made to fit together? 

Thanks very much. It was only my second custom moc from about a year ago when were in full out lockdown. Had to use what bricks I had ! I love doing the little touches like the snow, just to give it that less than precise appearance of reality. I have one last module to photograph, but it's taking me a long time. School has started and I'm teaching a new grade this year so a lot of work after the school day is done. I hope to put it together by December... that will be about 2 years since I first started, LOL !!!