Sign in to follow this  
BardDandelion

CDC CMF BardDandelion

Hi!

Decided to join the challange with my custom CMF series.

51609824573_1a9c77f6ae_c.jpg

Avalonia

51609600651_0c86960bdf.jpg

Grail Knight - the most virtuous of men who devote their lives to defend the innocent and fighting evil become Knights of the Grail.

51609600621_cb4a3fbb69.jpg

Halfling Farmer - halflings are a peaceful race that live in Avalonia. They mainly work in agriculture and trade but when attacked they are able to defend their lands.

51609600576_7b2b3587ab.jpg

Elven Sorceress - wood elves live in the forests of Avalonia and jealously guard their secrets. Not only arrows may end the life of intruders - forest spirits willingly stand shoulder to shoulder with elves.

Kaliphlin

51608781147_846e0bceaf.jpg

Genie - genies are powerful spirits chained by a spell and forced to fulfill their master's wishes. But woe to anyone who breaks the spell and faces the freed genie.

51608781117_ba78dcc14f.jpg

Wounded Conquistador - many go on a treasure hunt or to simply colonize the jungle but attempts to settle on their outskirts are usually unsuccesful.

51609824843_600380d53c.jpg

Lizardman Priest - unexplored jungles hide many secrets. Their inhabitants guard settlements and holy temples of Winged Serpent god against all invaders.

Nocturnus

51609824833_8875ff747d.jpg

Vampire Knight - not all dead remain in their graves. Vampires are powerful beings, intelligent and cunning. On the battlefield, unlike other undead, they appear in full gear and can use tactics.

51609600331_0d62fd3399.jpg

Dark Elf Witch - the dark elves are the perverted cousins of their forest counterparts. While searching for greater and greater magical power, they often come across things that scare even them.

51610259184_f6f9c165b8.jpg

Necromancer - some study the secret art of necromancy, seeking to be reunited with their deceased loved ones. Others crave the power that armies of resurrected minions may provide. One thing is for sure - playing with the laws of nature is difficult and rarely brings positive results.

Mitgardia

51610259144_17d4f1b585.jpg

Barbarian Warlord - Mitgardia is a difficult place to live. Numerous wars and unfavorable climate provide good conditions for the development of bands that set off south on plundering expeditions.

51609600296_7633b0e96d.jpg

Tzarina - not all kingdoms are ruled by kings and queens, in some parts of the world it is the dynasties of tsars who wield power. Ice magic certainly helps to maintain it.

51609600221_368a1b587f.jpg

Winged Hussars - as brave as their southern counterparts, these Midgardian knights are trained all their lives to be the best at their craft. And their craft is war.

Varlyrio

51609600211_84a318a5d9.jpg

Lionman Merchant - Beastmen in most places of the world terrify travelers but cities of Varlyrio are inhabited by highly intelligent species of Lionman who - like humans - have rejected their barbaric past and are successful in trading, poetry and politics.

51610483905_63b59a908c.jpg

Varlyrian Philosopher - wealth accumulated for generations by people of this region helps in development of science and art. Many use the opportunity to become scholars and spend their days wondering the mysteries of this world.

51609600151_40989896dd.jpg

Mercenary Infantryman - when so many focus on art and philosophy few are willing to be a soldier. The people of Varlyrio remedied this by organising many different mercenary parties and groups. The training is not equal to that of the knights from the continent but they use innovative methods of fighting and the high pay guarantees many recruits from all over the world.

51608780747_5e8d61cc1d.jpg

Dwarf Miner - Dwarfs live in all places where great craftsmen, brave warriors or hard-working workers are needed. It means that they live in all over the world often being the most most influential and powerful race in the region due to various functions they occupied positions.

Hope you like them! :D

Edited by BardDandelion

Oh wow, they're all so inventive! I really like that you have given your Mitgardians an eastern Europe flair. The Tzarina is absolutely gorgeous - and the winged Hussar's wings are perfect! 
The side builds are as nice as the minifigs themselves, I especially enjoy the Dark Elf's book!

PS then the winged hussars arrived... Great, now I have that song stuck in my head!

Edited by Aurore

Really neat to see how many very unique series are coming out of this challenge!  Your lion merchant, tzarina, winged hussar, and grail knight are my favorites here, great use of that tiny cape on the knight's helmet, the hands on the crowbars are so cool, and I never would have thought a tire and a grown would make such a good headpiece!  Also neat to see the 2x2 round tile keep appearing throughout the series.

Great collection!

Grail Knight, Elven Sorceress, Genie, Vampire Knight and Necromancer are my favs

Nice figs.  Tzarina reminds me of the kislev from total war warhammer 3.  I like the genie, vampire knight, grail knight, necromancer, elven sorceress, lionman merchant, and wing hussar are all very nice.  

Nice series, Bard! I like the halfling pipe. Is that a screwdriver used as the handle? My favourite is the Lizardman priest. I’m curious - what part have you used for the column behind him? Second favourite is the Lionman.

A lot of great figs, but the Russian-Mitgardian Tzarina is certainly the best, I think she's a brilliant fig! Also nice use of the monkey king hair for the lionel, and great idea to have a (orange bearded) Varlyrian Philosopher! 

Nice work!  I really like your inclusion of small builds with the figure that enhance the scene.  Love the genie and the Lizardman priest!

@W Navarre Thanks a lot! I need to buy more of these Monkie Kid hairpieces. Really glad how they combine with lions Chima heads.

@Grover Wondered if it's not too much - after all it was CMF challange, not minifigures with small builds but could't stop myself and not make these little builds.

A really nice assortment of figs! I really like the tzarina, dark elf witch, and the vampire knight. The swarm of bats behind the vampire knight and the tentacles coming out of the witches book are standout details! 

For me the Genie, Vampire Knight, Dark Elf Witch, Necromancer, Tzarina, Winged Hussar are the best ones of this excellent bunch, but the remainder are all strong designs as well!

These are a great set, and I like the effects you've included, especially the hand in the lake and the flying bats. Also that Hussar and the Vampire Knight are fantastic!

The grail knight looks grand!  I love the evil and powerful look of the genie.  The accessories of the dark which are awesome, both the tentacles coming out of the page and the candle techniques.  The wooden pillar with Winged Hussars is great.  Great job all around!