AlexxInc

TGV Réseau WIP

I've started creating a new MOC. The TGV Carmillon. My first idea was a Thalys, but due to unavailable parts the idea was scrapped.

I have fancied these SNCF train types for some time now and with nothing better to do it seems like a good time to finally build one.

This is the bogie creation I have made; as you can see it will be an 8 stud wide model. This means it will be a lot heavier, but with

the power of 2 normal powered train bogie's and a x6 AA battery box it should be no problem.

51605065808_b75796d55c_z.jpg

The engine is near complete, but will need changes over time

51626673689_fd31a38abf_z.jpg

Edited by AlexxInc

Looking forward for this. A Thalys PBKA in this scale would look great! I saw a PBA and another Thalys in 4-wide, but not a PBKA Thalys. :classic:

Thank you! I have seen many Thalys in 6 wide (Standard LEGO gauge) but I like 8 knobs wide because you can add a significant amount of detail!

Dark red looks really good for the Thalys!

11 (!) years ago a friend and I realized a huge train layout at LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne. The old video shows Kai‘s Thalys and my ICE 3

Thank you. That is real cool. Around 1.5 years ago I got your LEGO trains book and I've been using your great information till this day:blush: That Thalys is really nice, but if it was constructed in dark red it would look even better. Too bad the color is overly priced.

Edited by AlexxInc

35 minutes ago, AlexxInc said:

Thank you. That is real cool. Around 1.5 years ago I got your LEGO trains book and I've been using your great information till this day:blush: That Thalys is really nice, but if it was constructed in dark red it would look even better. Too bad the color is overly priced.

Great that you like my book :-)

Back in 2010 or earlier Kai built his Thalys LEGO dark red was a new, rare color. No way to build such a MOC. These days it should be possible, even of dark red is more expensive then classic red.

10 minutes ago, ivanlan9 said:

Holger.  Everyone loves your book. 

Indeed. I built the green 7-wide passenger coaches for the Crocodile.

Edited by legotownlinz