Sign in to follow this  
AlexxInc

Burlington Northern GP40-2 Complete Model

My model of the Burlington Northern GP40-2 is officially complete! This "endeavor" took almost a week to complete and I think it came pretty decent but not the best

The model will be powered by a standard battery box, 2 large motors, and an IR receiver for speed regulation.

Dimensions: Base-8 studs, extends to-10 studs, length-50 studs. This means it is a 1:48 scale model

Piece count 1430 - Price - $160-$180 USD which is not too bad, but still a lot of buckaroos.

Enjoy the pictures!:blush:  

51604329290_044e1183cc_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2_6 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

51605357170_731b434a02_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2_7 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

51605370235_1ac1f8b85c_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2_8 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

51604500876_48e66e0051_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2_9 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

Very nicely done, there is great detail all around and the ladder on the rear is superbly done. I really like the detail on the bogies as well

Looks good. I will caution that unless you find the ridiculously expensive V2 IR receiver, running dual L motors won't result in improved performance. Can't wait to see it built.

I do have the electrical parts, I have scrapped 2 receivers from 40230 Technic Bucket loader I got back around 6 years ago. It also has an L motor on it but taking it out will be an absolute pain. Thanks for the complement. I do not know if I will be able to build it in real life because I do not have the money for it. That is why I might release instructions for it, in hopes to get some buyers:tongue: A new model is coming soon (PBKA Thalys) it will be much better and refined because I plan to create it over the next 2 weeks! I hope to speak again soon.

Edited by AlexxInc

Looking good!

13 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Looks good. I will caution that unless you find the ridiculously expensive V2 IR receiver, running dual L motors won't result in improved performance. Can't wait to see it built. 

Are you sure? That's an honest question, I ask because I've had a pair of XL motors and a normal IR receiver works just fine with really heavy trains, but I've never tried a pair of L motors. Regardless, it would not be limited to V2, I know SBrick will deliver 3A, and PFBrick might do similar.

thats quite the beast you built there has to weigh a ton but looks good! as for powering this beast a buwizz would be an option aswell

Edited by XG BC

3 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Looking good!

Are you sure? That's an honest question, I ask because I've had a pair of XL motors and a normal IR receiver works just fine with really heavy trains, but I've never tried a pair of L motors. Regardless, it would not be limited to V2, I know SBrick will deliver 3A, and PFBrick might do similar.

I do have a question. What are the differences in V1 and V2. 

Edited by AlexxInc

2 hours ago, AlexxInc said:

I do have a question. What are the differences in V1 and V2. 

v2 has a stronger motor driver for more current asfar as i am aware

On 10/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, XG BC said:

v2 has a stronger motor driver for more current asfar as i am aware

how can you tell which IR Receiver you have?

On 10/18/2021 at 6:48 PM, AlexxInc said:

I do have the electrical parts, I have scrapped 2 receivers from 40230 Technic Bucket loader I got back around 6 years ago. It also has an L motor on it but taking it out will be an absolute pain. Thanks for the complement. I do not know if I will be able to build it in real life because I do not have the money for it. That is why I might release instructions for it, in hopes to get some buyers:tongue: A new model is coming soon (PBKA Thalys) it will be much better and refined because I plan to create it over the next 2 weeks! I hope to speak again soon.

are you going to release instructions? I know someone who is looking for plans

2 hours ago, Gordon Werner said:

The V2 receivers have V2 printed on them in bolt letters underneath the channel select.

2 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

This is a great design, and the locomotive looks massive!!! I love the small rear ladder - it's quite ingenious! :pir-love:

Ciao!

Davide

Thank you Davide!

17 hours ago, Gordon Werner said:

Plans for what model exactly? I already have some on my Rebrickable. See the link below.

Edited by AlexxInc

On 10/30/2021 at 2:35 AM, Gordon Werner said:

i wouldnt suggest using an ir receiver i would suggest an sbrick or buwizz

5 hours ago, XG BC said:

I would love a Buwizz brick, especially Ludicrous 2.0. They are very expensive, but it might be a good investment.

true the price is a little on the expensive side but from what i have seen it isnt bad havent tried one myself yet though because i am a 9v guy after burning out 2 v1 receivers (and kina hating lego batteries and their building constraints anyways) and thus dont need such things. if you are familiar with electronics and dont mind whipping out the soldering iron/programming a little bit you could also do a custom solution with an arduino , an h-bridge motor driver and a bluetooth module to make something that can handle the current for cheaper

On 10/31/2021 at 5:43 AM, XG BC said:

Was just curious as I didn’t realize that these were different versions. Luckily mine say v2 on them. 

You our are correct about brick and buwizz tho

Either I'm doing something wrong (which is very possible) or the OP's page on rebrickable is no longer active, am I missing something.  I also did a search for the locomotive, no BN GP40-2 appeared.

Any help is appreciated.

Looks like they (or someone else) took down or hid the AlexxInc rebrickable pages. The pages still show up in a google search with a cash date of Nov 7, 2021. The OP's profile shows they last visited Eurobricks on Jan 2.

Once you get to 10 posts on EB I think you become able to send PM's and you could contact him directly (which typically also gets forwarded to their email on file) or perhaps Alexx will pop back to EB and see your inquiry. You could also try the links to Flickr and try to contact them there.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, cbqmp27 said:

Either I'm doing something wrong (which is very possible) or the OP's page on Rebrickable is no longer active, am I missing something.  I also did a search for the locomotive, no BN GP40-2 appeared.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey there CBQ! I use Flickr now for posting pictures. I was able to see your comment by looking through random forums as a guest and happened to come across my page again. The Rebrickable does not come up because I changed my Rebrickable name to something else "AlexBrickBuilds" which you can find on Flickr or Rebrickable. I'm going to make a new EB account because I need a fresh start and did not exactly introduce myself properly. That's the reason I left this account. I hope I'm explaining everything clearly. If you want to have a more in depth conversation or just communicate, please do so here -->  Flickr

Kind regards,

Alex

Edited by AlexxInc

On 1/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, AlexxInc said:

Hey there CBQ! I use Flickr now for posting pictures. I was able to see your comment by looking through random forums as a guest and happened to come across my page again. The Rebrickable does not come up because I changed my Rebrickable name to something else "AlexBrickBuilds" which you can find on Flickr or Rebrickable. I'm going to make a new EB account because I need a fresh start and did not exactly introduce myself properly. That's the reason I left this account. I hope I'm explaining everything clearly. If you want to have a more in depth conversation or just communicate, please do so here -->  Flickr

Kind regards,

Alex

just fyi, @AlexxInc you are only allowed one EB account. You can ask a mod to change your name in the name change request thread... I think it's in the Forum Info and Help section.

Edited by Murdoch17