Sign in to follow this  
AlexxInc

Forum posting

Hello all who may be reading this! I hope you are having an amazing day. I wanted to start a general discussion about forum posting, as I am new to the website. Some might know that I am creating a Burlington Northern GP40-2 and the title is listed as a WIP. My question was when I finish creations, should I start a new topic of the finished product, giving an overview. Or should I keep posting the finish in the previous discussion and if so were? I'm open to all answers and ideas.

Thanks

-AlexxInc

A mod or regulator would be better to answer, but for your specific question I would say either is fine, many members will update the first post of an existing WIP topic, by editing and adding new pictures, as well as editing the title to say complete (or something of the like), as well as adding a reply describing topic changes at the end to bump the topic to the first page. Many builders, especially when larger projects are involved would create a fresh discussion, I think it would depend on the circumstances, such as length of the WIP post and whether the completed MOC would images get buried in other discussion.

Edited by Stuartn

Thank you for the in-depth reply! I think what I will do is start a new topic because my model consists of over 1400 parts and I would like to display many pictures so that fellow builders can see all the techniques, parts, etc. that I used. I appreciate your very explanatory response. I hope you have a wonderful day and to speak to you again real soon, do not forget to keep bricking!:laugh:

Edited by AlexxInc