XG BC

Octraintober 2021 e69 005 "Adolphine" (update: now in real bricks!/7720 recreation)

yea that would be an option i will ask them on flickr though to make shure i aint breaking any rules

I don't think you need any more convincing, but I'll also add my vote for dark red with dark green as a close second.

i have sent in my model anyways now so there is no going back now (except if i delete the post on flickr but no)

now i have started to build it irl. it uses a powerfunctions train motor with custom power pickups as the drive motor. had to change the details a little bit due to my parts collection but enough talking here it is:

now in real bricks (still work in Progress)

it is still in wip phase. needs some touchups on the pantographs mounting and on the handrails on the other side. overall i am very happy with it. custom power pickups work well and with my different controller the pf motor is basically silent (lower pitched hum that goes away at more than 50% power) not as whiny as it was with the powerfunctions receiver. it looks so cute irl. went with normal red instead of dark red because it is what i had on hand and the other colors cost an arm and a leg. looks good regardeless. will post more pics once complete! in the future i may add a dcc decoder to it and lights but for now it is analoge 9v.

another thing i did today was to recreate 7720 in a way:

7720 modernized

recolored some of my wagons and put the e69 on the front.

Nice loco.  Totally adorable!

I watched the video.  How come you put an "Adult Content" flag on it?  Good thing I had an account!

it somehow automatically does this. did this in the past too. sorry.

Edited by XG BC

On 8/18/2022 at 5:35 PM, XG BC said:

with custom power pickups

Photos or it never really happened (grin). Seriously though, it would be interesting to see what you did and how.

see:

and:

it uses the pickups normally used on slotcars double sided taped and secured with tesa clear tape to the bottom of the decorative sides of the motor. where my methode differs is that i didnt use copper tape to coduct the electricity away from the pickups but instead just wedged the wires inbetween the brass things sticking up.

i decided to add a little display stand with some technical data similar to the crocodile stand.

display stand

what do you think?

3 hours ago, XG BC said:

i decided to add a little display stand with some technical data similar to the crocodile stand.

display stand

what do you think?

great!

21 hours ago, XG BC said:

it uses the pickups normally used on slotcars double sided taped and secured with tesa clear tape to the bottom of the decorative sides of the motor. where my methode differs is that i didnt use copper tape to coduct the electricity away from the pickups but instead just wedged the wires inbetween the brass things sticking up.

I was just curious if you had a photograph of the actual implementation, but no problem.

Meanwhile, the display looks good... but at this size the info panel winds up covering 1/3 of the model. Which has a certain humor unto itself.

pantograph is a little difficult to do. you would need an actual spring to press the pantograph onto the overhead wire which would make the pantograph less realistic. there is a reson why model trains went away from this solution. the info panel was a thing i thought hard about. smaller would have looked worse. i wanted to include the infos similar to the actual crocodile.