Jundis

[MOC] Fortschritt ZT 320 Tractor

Hey guys,

as I have a fondness for older tractors, I again started with one from the former GDR, the Fortschritt ZT 320. As soon as I got my hands on olive coloured panels from the 42110, this was the first thing agricultural vehicle I could think of. There are different variants of the tractor but I settled with the 2WD-type as wheels sizes for the 4WD just didn't match. With 107 tires in the back, the 56 were too small, and the newer 81 too big (check Fortschritt ZT 323 for a 4WD variant).

Fortschritt-ZT-320-A.jpg

Planned functions are basic and all driven by PU L-motors:
- Drive
- Steering
- rear PTO
- rear hitch

As there was no elegant way to implement a Control+ Battery Box in the hood, I changed to a Buwizz 3, and now waiting for delivery of this thingy.

DSC-0473.jpg

DSC-0472.jpg

In the real machine, the pillars of the cabin are angled forwards and slighty inwards to the top. I tried different setups and also openable doors but just ended with wobbly constructions. So I ditched one angle and the doors and now planning to do it in this manner. I really hope for a 3x7x1 panel in white in the 2022 models :D

CAD.png

Sadly, there was no elegant way to make the hood a little narrower, so it's like 1 stud too wide, but the overall look I think doesn't suffer from this, at it now has a more beefier look, which matches the wide rear tires (most types of ZT 320 had way narrower tires btw, the upper pic is an odd one).

Input is highly welcomed :-)

Edited by Jundis

Woah-ho! Nice work! Fortschritt machinery has a rather unique shape and you've captured it brilliantly. Great use of olive green as well - looks like that colour was made for a model like this. :thumbup:

I knew I was in for a treat even before opening the thread :pir-love:

You've absolutely nailed the shape. Great choice of colours, too.

Thanks @Maaboo35 and @suffocation!

The goal is to cramp some interior in it, so hopefully there will be enough fo it left. The first functional test with a Control+ battery box on top really exceeded my expectations, nearly no power loss / speed change in loaded and unloaded condition. This thing easily climbed the pillowed hills of sofa mountain, even with that puny 2WD :D

The rear hitch can pull the tractor in the air both ways (raising front part and lifting rear part). Can't wait for the Buwizz :-)

Well, it looks very good in real, I mean how little done you have.

Edited by Bony_em

9 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Good news @Jundis! 42138 has the 3x7 panel in white!

Cool, thanks! 😎

I mean there were 6 or 7 models with white colouring, so it's good to speculate.

About the model: Waiting for parts in olive green then only some minor details are missing 😉

Semi-finished version (without exhaust), video coming soon. Currently working on a trailer :-)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

25 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

The tractor looks awesome and very true to the original, but I don't like the yellow tires, maybe LBG would've looked better.

Yellow actually is the "normal" colour of the wheels, other colours are seldemly used:

aaMnpJGKZble473_4-xlwZSmuI7kOBKpT-f-Tzof

Looks very realistic; I could envy you how you manage to make realistic bonnet; mine needed about a year to be made :wacko:

@Maaboo35 Buhler usually uses red bodywork...

nemesis-2-hr-2019-1-750x450.jpg

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

Yellow actually is the "normal" colour of the wheels, other colours are seldemly used:

aaMnpJGKZble473_4-xlwZSmuI7kOBKpT-f-Tzof

I was looking/referring at the photos you posted in the beginning. Unfortunately the photo you posted isn't working. The yellow wheels are too shiny in comparison to olive green. But it only nitpicking ;-)

1 hour ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Unfortunately the photo you posted isn't working.

Just google some pics of Fortschritt ZT320, there are many examples :-)

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

Looks very realistic; I could envy you how you manage to make realistic bonnet; mine needed about a year to be made 

Thanks, but it's rather easy to recreate this blocky form in contrast to sloped, multi-angled ones in more modern machinery ;-)

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

No, I meant Buehrer:

And I thought you wanted to mention Buhler in your post ...

that's we have forums to clarify things. What do you think; I should stick to JCB

A short video of the tractor, showing its functions. I am really pleased how everything turned out, hope you enjoy it too :-)

Edited by Jundis

Sehr sehr schöner Moc. Gibt es dafür eine Bauanleitung? Oder die .io Datei ? Bei rebrickable ist leider nichts zu finden. Verkaufst du die Anleitung evtl. ? Danke 

Edited by Stev1807

It looks a bit too short. Is the wheelbase correct? In my eye it should be 2 stud longer 

Besides, it looks great

@eric trax : Thx and you are right, it actually should be 1.5 studs longer if I take the rear wheels (13.4 studs diameter) for my dimension measuring. But with the front wheels (7.8 studs diameter) as reference, it is actually 2 studs too long.. I have chosen the middle way, as there isn't a real suitable wheel combination :-)

Based on technical specifications (available online) it has rear tires 18.4-34 which are some 1650mm on diameter and front are usually 10-20MPT (diameter 955mm) or 16-20MPT (diameter 1116mm). Since uou use 107 at the rear in case of 10-20MPT front tire is about 62mm and your choice is correct since you can not make it better. Second version with 16-20 MPT tire could ve respresented with Raptop / buggy tire...

Wheelbase on real trac is 2800mm, so you can make it 23 studs...

thx for clearification @1gor :)

Maybe I have a go again with the AWD version of this Maschine, but would need those tractor tires that fit onto the rim of the Arocs wheels.