DK_Titan

[MOC] Medieval Countryside Layout

Medieval Countryside Layout, which will be part of a Christmas Exhibition at the Salling Department Store, Aarhus, Denmark (in a slightly modified version) late October 2021.

Medieval Countryside Layout Overview

Medieval Countryside Layout 1

Medieval Countryside Layout 2

Medieval Countryside Layout 3

Thats pretty amazing! Love those trees!!! How many of those bright green plant pieces have you used?

Edited by Poco Lypso

50 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

Thats pretty amazing! Love those trees!!! How many of those bright green plant pieces have you used?

Thank you. 

There are used two kinds of Bright Green plant pieces - hard and soft plastic. I am not sure how many. Maybe somewhere between 1000 and 1500.

In addition to the Bright Green pieces there are used many thousands in other colors. 

7 hours ago, victorycount said:

Beautiful, wanna go live there. Although it also has its spooky sides. :look:

Thank you. 

If you move in, please make sure to stay to the left and in the front. Then you should be safe 😉

This is awesome.  The roofs and the framework are excellent, those roof styles look so good.  The landscaping is incredible with the trees coming out of the buildings.  The different types of vegetation is great, the diversity of the plants really stands out here.  I like all the little details added the chickens in the building, the bee hive, the scare walking around, the skeletons, and many more.  The use of the barrels on the balcony there is a nice idea.  The stone work and pathway both look great.  The texturing throughout the build is wonderful and not overdone.  There is so much to like here great job.  

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

This is awesome.  The roofs and the framework are excellent, those roof styles look so good.  The landscaping is incredible with the trees coming out of the buildings.  The different types of vegetation is great, the diversity of the plants really stands out here.  I like all the little details added the chickens in the building, the bee hive, the scare walking around, the skeletons, and many more.  The use of the barrels on the balcony there is a nice idea.  The stone work and pathway both look great.  The texturing throughout the build is wonderful and not overdone.  There is so much to like here great job.  

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad you like it. 

Exceptional detail across the entire scene. Fantastic work. The architecture feels right, the buildings aren't in perfect shape, and the landscape is well varied. Did the poor minifig die from the horrible smell of the skunk?

19 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Exceptional detail across the entire scene. Fantastic work. The architecture feels right, the buildings aren't in perfect shape, and the landscape is well varied. Did the poor minifig die from the horrible smell of the skunk?

Thank you 😊

It might have been the smell of the skunk.. Who knows? 🤣🤣

That diorama is insane! The level of detail is on a whole different level. Don't forget about over 50,000 parts! If you average those of 10 cents a piece your looking at $5,000 USD, but of course parts are less expensive, some are more, and some you probably had. Awesome job.

Lovely!  Fantastic layout, and the colors work beautifully - just somber enough for a very realistic feel, but still colorful enough, with the paths, flowers, and Tudor, to keep the eye interested and to make it overall look cozy and nice to visit.  Really love those roofs (gonna have to try that someday! :wub:) and the Tudor-work, which is superb, and the presentation with the video is excellent as well.  I wholeheartedly approve of your musical tastes here too! :grin: :thumbup:  Beautiful work.

16 hours ago, AlexxInc said:

That diorama is insane! The level of detail is on a whole different level. Don't forget about over 50,000 parts! If you average those of 10 cents a piece your looking at $5,000 USD, but of course parts are less expensive, some are more, and some you probably had. Awesome job.

Thank you very much for your feedback 😊😃. I have no idea what the cost is for this, and I don't think I want to know 🤣. The layout consists of many small pieces. Most parts I already had, and some (mainly flowers and parts for the paths) are reused from last year's Medieval layout. LEGO store PAB walls have been a source for many parts as well. 

15 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Lovely!  Fantastic layout, and the colors work beautifully - just somber enough for a very realistic feel, but still colorful enough, with the paths, flowers, and Tudor, to keep the eye interested and to make it overall look cozy and nice to visit.  Really love those roofs (gonna have to try that someday! :wub:) and the Tudor-work, which is superb, and the presentation with the video is excellent as well.  I wholeheartedly approve of your musical tastes here too! :grin: :thumbup:  Beautiful work.

Thank you very much for your feedback 😊😃. I am glad you like the layout and presentation. 

Edited by DK_Titan

16 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Amazing! I love how overloaded those trees are, looks really good!

Thanks 😊

Fantastic! What can I say more?
The entire scene, the architecture, all the details, colours, plants, animals, minifigures... everything is in the right place.

And Dobby on his way to the market... 
... that's really funny.

I like the presentation video too and I find the music match very well.

A lot of work and a lot of passion.

Well done!

5 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Fantastic! What can I say more?
The entire scene, the architecture, all the details, colours, plants, animals, minifigures... everything is in the right place.

And Dobby on his way to the market... 
... that's really funny.

I like the presentation video too and I find the music match very well.

A lot of work and a lot of passion.

Well done!

Thank you for your feedback 😊

I'm glad you like the whole package. 

15 hours ago, spaceman76 said:

Great work guys. I really love the feeling and atmosphere. 

Thanks 😊

I would love to see it next to your Medieval builds.