800x546.png

Pontelli. Early morning on a Saturday.

An ordinary street.

800x679.jpg

Everything is quite quiet but there is some argument going on in the backyard of the houses...

800x782.jpg

Neighbour on the left: Hullo there.

Neighbour on the right: Goodday Sam!

Neighbour on the left (Sam): Whatcha doing there, Piedro?

Neighbour on the right (Piedro): I'm checking how my flowers are doing.

640x392.jpg

Neighbour on the left (Sam) - we will just write Sam, when we go on, because this is getting too long and cumbersome and all the readers will be confused: Oi, they look just like mine!

Neighbour on the right (Piedro) - I think we will also shorten this to just "Piedro" to enhance overall readability - unless the monkeys put their veto in:  Seems so, Sam. Surprised?

Sam (see?): Yeah. You have removed all your carrots. Why are you doing this?

Piedro (I told you): For the same reason as you are, probably. To make some money. These flowery thingies can be sold to excellent prices! And you have removed all the melons you were usually growing.

640x452.jpg

Sam: Yes, I have. The tulips will bring me more money. For how much do you plan to sell yours?

Piedro: My merchant will give me 4 dubloons for every 5 tulips.

Sam: Such much?

Piedro: Seems so, Sam. Successful sales strategy! 

Sam: But you gotta sell 'em quick.

Piedro: Why so?

Sam: 'Cos there's gonna be a monetary reform, they say.  The politicians have been discussing with a delegate from Corrington. Our dubloons will be replaced by pnounds and pnence!

Piedro: How many pnence are a pnound?

Sam: Unclear. 

Piedro: Why should we change our monetary system?

Sam: Unclear.

640x454.jpg

Piedro: Well, then I should close my deals quickly - the politicians might just go for it.

Sam: Maybe. I got to water my tulips. See ya!

Piedro: See ya!

640x1138.jpg

The story so far:

Something for a Lady

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders

Tulips in the Garden   (You are here)

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips

The first LTP - continued

The Holdup

Neighbourhood Watch and a New Idea

Tulips ... and sistershipping

A Good Idea?

A modern coin system - and someone buys a house

The Final Tulip Duel   (official end of the story line)

Tulips of Pontelli - 1st Epilogue

New Projects

2nd Tulip Epilogue

3rd Tulip Epilogue - Back at HQ

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Interesting continuation of the story. I find it interesting how complex it is. I'm curious how things will go on with the tulips and the new currency. I would be interested in whether you already know the whole story or whether you are gradually inventing it.

I like the houses with the gardens. A nice architectural style and color combination.

:pir-laugh:  A good laugh once again.  Oh, and I love the olive facade.  It makes me suddenly wonder why I haven't built an olive house before.  Probably because I don't have enough pieces... but I will have to check. :pir-grin:

On 10/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, NOD said:

I would be interested in whether you already know the whole story or whether you are gradually inventing it.

Me too!

Love your style and story, once again. I do feel you neglect those monkeys though...

On 10/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, NOD said:

Interesting continuation of the story. I find it interesting how complex it is. I'm curious how things will go on with the tulips and the new currency. I would be interested in whether you already know the whole story or whether you are gradually inventing it.

I like the houses with the gardens. A nice architectural style and color combination.

:pir-sweet: 

Whether I already know the story or not? How dare you! 

Well, it is actually a good question. I've started some storylines with less of a clue how it would end.

For this storyline I know how it will proceed and end. Do I know which build will be the next one? Yes, at least roughly.

Are the builds storyboarded? No :pir-grin:

The house was actually intended as a "medieval building study". But then the house offered the chance of having that discussion above in the backyard.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:11 PM, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh:  A good laugh once again.  Oh, and I love the olive facade.  It makes me suddenly wonder why I haven't built an olive house before.  Probably because I don't have enough pieces... but I will have to check. :pir-grin:

I cannot recommend building houses out of olives. I think bricks are still the best option.:pir-grin:

On 10/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, Fraunces said:

Me too!

Love your style and story, once again. I do feel you neglect those monkeys though...

Pls. check my answer above.

The monkeys have also complained that they are currently missing from this storyline :pir-cry_sad: