hi all. why haven't lego made a proper independent remote control for the PU system? they made one independent remote control (88010) but it only works for the 88009 HUB. they need to make one like the PF IR 16514, (whit the two joy sticks) to work whit the the PU 88012 HUB. i don't really want to buy a 160euro phone, just for driving my lego MOCS its a lot of money.

Ya replacing a remote control with a app was the wrong choice, i think. 
I hear that there are replacements in like kickstarter or whatever, but not a product of Lego. 

25 minutes ago, metalgeekzy said:

Ya replacing a remote control with a app was the wrong choice, i think. 
I hear that there are replacements in like kickstarter or whatever, but not a product of Lego. 

wow thats great. where did you hear about this? 

thanks for responding 

The 88010 remote will act like the joystick on/off PF IR remote when you have the PU simple medium motors connected to the 88009 PU hub.

You can use the 88010 remote with other hubs but you'll have to use a smartdevice running the Powered UP app as a go-in-between and code your own control profile.  An inexpensive Chinese android tablet should be able to run Powered UP app. Or you can use one of the non-LEGO solutions like Legouino with an ESP32 microcontroller module.

21 hours ago, dr_spock said:

The 88010 remote will act like the joystick on/off PF IR remote when you have the PU simple medium motors connected to the 88009 PU hub.

You can use the 88010 remote with other hubs but you'll have to use a smartdevice running the Powered UP app as a go-in-between and code your own control profile.  An inexpensive Chinese android tablet should be able to run Powered UP app. Or you can use one of the non-LEGO solutions like Legouino with an ESP32 microcontroller module.

the 88010 will not work for me. for it to work for me it has to work whit all of the PU system.

and i dont want to buy a smart device for the PU system if i can help it. but thanks for replying to me