Sign in to follow this  
Robert8

LEGO The Office (IDEAS) 2022

On 10/19/2021 at 1:10 AM, Clone OPatra said:

I don't understand the amount of comments I've seen, a little here but mostly on other sites, wondering/wishing this was the UK Office and not the US one. I get that a lot of LEGO fans online seem to prefer the UK Office, but one show lasted two seasons and 14 total episodes, and the other ran 9 seasons with 201 episodes. 

Obviously this was only ever going to be the US Office.

On 10/28/2021 at 4:28 PM, BrickG said:

Also just because I'm a slight Troll... US Office >>>>> UK Office! Also 100x more well known. >:)

It depends which country you are in. The US version appeals to US tastes and humour. The UK version appeals to UK taste and humour. 

And being well known depends on the country. The US version did not travel nearly as well to countries like the UK as other US comedies.

And just to be factually correct, the US version wouldn't have existed at all were it not for the UK version so its only well known BECAUSE of the UK version. 

This a very US orientated set, unlike other TV shows sets, its not a globally popular show

On 11/8/2021 at 10:54 AM, Mountain Man said:

It depends which country you are in. The US version appeals to US tastes and humour. The UK version appeals to UK taste and humour. 

And being well known depends on the country. The US version did not travel nearly as well to countries like the UK as other US comedies.

And just to be factually correct, the US version wouldn't have existed at all were it not for the UK version so its only well known BECAUSE of the UK version. 

This a very US orientated set, unlike other TV shows sets, its not a globally popular show

Omg every single thing said  here is wrong

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Omg every single thing said  here is wrong

Which bits and why are they wrong? Go on, be specific. 

Edited by Mountain Man

On 10/17/2021 at 11:46 PM, drewdotexe said:

Ooh Vance Refrigeration stickers, Froggy 101 stickers would also look great but I don't know how that would work.

Other cool references I hope they get to include. Not expecting any of these but they'd make my heart burst with appreciation. Gosh you could go on forever to be honest with references..

• Dwight bobblehead
  • Teapot
  • Stapler in jello
  • Some reference to the Michael Scott Paper Company
  • Sandals Jamaica brochure (rights permitting!)
  • Serenity by Jan
  • A Dundie
  • Creed Thoughts on a monitor :laugh:
  • WUPHF.com reference
  • Pretzel
  • A bat

MEATBALLS! 

I can’t even express how happy I was when I saw that this project had been finally approved by Lego! Yeah, these sitcom sets are getting old but this one must be worth waiting for. I hope so.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:28 AM, MaceWindu said:

I can’t even express how happy I was when I saw that this project had been finally approved by Lego! Yeah, these sitcom sets are getting old but this one must be worth waiting for. I hope so.

I agree. I was too young to be part of the target audience for any of the previous sitcoms made into LEGO sets; but at least here in the US, The Office has a big following among millennials (I personally like Parks and Recreation better, but The Office is still fun--especially the earlier seasons).

In terms of characters, I would expect to at least get the following:

• Michael
  • Jim
  • Pam
  • Dwight
  • Angela
  • Kevin
  • Stanley (with a pretzel, of course)

And I would expect to see references to the following items/plot points:

• A Dundie award (using the normal "trophy" piece)
  • "World's Best Boss" mug
  • Pam's painting of the office building
  • Some sort of reference to "Threat Level Midnight" (maybe a movie poster?)
  • Pictures of cats at Angela's desk (or maybe even Sprinkles himself?)
  • A jar of beets from Schrute Farms
  • Boxes of Dundler Mifflin paper (of course)
  • At least one Sabre printer
  • Maybe a memo from Jan?

Excited to see what TLG does with this one!