Sign in to follow this  
Robert8

LEGO The Office (IDEAS) 2022

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This is so exciting! 

Do you think we'll get all the characters from the Ideas submission? Would it be a set similar in size to the Friends apartment? 

“Oh my god! Okay, it’s happening. Everybody stay calm. Everybody stay calm. Stay Megablocking calm!”

I said this in another thread, but I was a bigger fan of The Office a couple years ago when some of those other submissions reached 10,000 supporters. Still, better late that never!

Jim, Pam, Dwight, Angela, Kevin and Michael Scott figures are guaranteed. I think Andy, Phyllis and Stanley are also very likely based off the layout of the submission, and I can’t see them excluding Ryan and Kelly. That’s already eleven but I hope Darryl still makes the cut.

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Do you think we'll get all the characters from the Ideas submission?

They chose the bigger of the two The Office sets in this review, so I reckon there will be a decent number of figures in the final set. If they wanted to do a smaller set, then they would probably have gone with the smaller submission given how similar they were. A lot of the prints need not be new, as many of the City style torsos would fit office workers, so that could keep design costs down if they do go for a large number of minifigs.

Just now, JeanGreyForever said:

I'm surprised The Office got selected after so many rejections but I guess Lego has realized how lucrative these sitcom sets are in the past few years.

I think it was something about getting the rights for it

Just now, Robert8 said:

I think it was something about getting the rights for it

That makes sense then. I remember reading another company had the rights for The Office before.

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

“Oh my god! Okay, it’s happening. Everybody stay calm. Everybody stay calm. Stay Megablocking calm!”

:rofl:

I doubt it but I hope we get a "Date Mike" minifigure; my favourite scene in the show!

Edited by Anonknee Muss

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Is this a generic office or its based on the TV show? And if so British or American?

It's based off of the American TV show.

Never watched the USversion of the office. It would be too cool, if they did an USversion and a GBversion. Same build, but different figs. Or if they won’t a special Ricky Gervais fig as a polybag

10 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

:rofl:

I doubt it but I hope we get a "Date Mike" minifigure; my favourite scene in the show!

On the bright side, they're 100% going to include Prison Mike, like there's no way they don't.

31 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

On the bright side, they're 100% going to include Prison Mike, like there's no way they don't.

I thought this too. Date Mike won’t take much to be made, could get away with just giving him his hat and turn a blind eye to the tie printed on his torso.

16 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I thought this too. Date Mike won’t take much to be made, could get away with just giving him his hat and turn a blind eye to the tie printed on his torso.

Definitely makes me wonder what the 2 facial expressions will be for him. 

Jim clearly will get the "shrug" look as well as the mischievous grin!

I also hope for references including - 

• Bowl of Chili
  • Simpsons doll
  • Refrigerator with Vance sticker
  • A Beat somewhere
  • Dundies

10 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Jim clearly will get the "shrug" look as well as the mischievous grin!

I also hope for references including - 

• Bowl of Chili
  • Simpsons doll
  • Refrigerator with Vance sticker
  • A Beat somewhere
  • Dundies

Ooh Vance Refrigeration stickers, Froggy 101 stickers would also look great but I don't know how that would work.

Other cool references I hope they get to include. Not expecting any of these but they'd make my heart burst with appreciation. Gosh you could go on forever to be honest with references..

• Dwight bobblehead
  • Teapot
  • Stapler in jello
  • Some reference to the Michael Scott Paper Company
  • Sandals Jamaica brochure (rights permitting!)
  • Serenity by Jan
  • A Dundie
  • Creed Thoughts on a monitor :laugh:
  • WUPHF.com reference
  • Pretzel
  • A bat

6 hours ago, drewdotexe said:
  • Teapot

This is a must!

17 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

If this set looks great, it may be the first Ideas set I have bought in 7 years [currently] (by the time this thing comes out, it could be 8 or even 9 years).

20 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, so how many minifigures do you think we'll get?

I think based on the Ideas entry, we might get the majority of the dunder mifflin employees, however I'm assuming the bare minimum of Michael, Dwight, Jim and Pam. 

If they had to pick a few extras, then I'd say Kevin, Angela, Andy and Darryl.

Edited by drewdotexe

16 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I think based on the Ideas entry, we might get the majority of the dunder mifflin employees, however I'm assuming the bare minimum of Michael, Dwight, Jim and Pam. 

If they had to pick a few extras, then I'd say Kevin, Angela, Andy and Darryl.

Thing is, they have to include so many essential characters that at that point they might as well pick up the whole bunch of them because it wouldnt really make that much of a difference

11 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Thing is, they have to include so many essential characters that at that point they might as well pick up the whole bunch of them because it wouldnt really make that much of a difference

Yeahhh I kinda hope they just go full hog but I don't want to get my hopes up :(

It would almost hurt less if they stuck to the core cast, rather than adding any more but not completing the full cast of characters

On 10/16/2021 at 9:51 AM, Borex said:

Never watched the USversion of the office. It would be too cool, if they did an USversion and a GBversion. Same build, but different figs. Or if they won’t a special Ricky Gervais fig as a polybag

Although they will represent specific characters in the set, the figures are likely to look rather generic in that you probably wouldn't recognize them outside of The Office branding. Michael Scott is someone in a suit. So is David Brent. So just get a head with a beard, then you can switch Michael Scott to David Brent. A head without glasses turns Dwight into Gareth. Blonde hair and Pam becomes Dawn. Jim won't need changing to become Tim.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Although they will represent specific characters in the set, the figures are likely to look rather generic in that you probably wouldn't recognize them outside of The Office branding. Michael Scott is someone in a suit. So is David Brent. So just get a head with a beard, then you can switch Michael Scott to David Brent. A head without glasses turns Dwight into Gareth. Blonde hair and Pam becomes Dawn. Jim won't need changing to become Tim.

Finally an asnwer to what would happen if someone used the 100% of their brain

Edited by PGBQW

11 hours ago, MAB said:

I just want a Ricky Gervais figure because i have a friend that just looks like an exact copy of him. I don’t care for Steve Carell.