AlexxInc

Burlington Northern GP40-2 WIP

This is my WIP so far of a Burlington northern GP40-2

It will be around 1:48 scale. It is fairly detailed, especially on the trucks and will be powered by 2 large motors

Dimensions:

Width 10 studs at most

Height 11-12 bricks

Length 46 studs

Real thing --> burlington northern gp40-2 - Bing images

Gp40-2 1.).JPG

Here is an update on how its going!

Standard LEGO battery box setup. (Might change it to PU or my own system)

51598488247_03af108e00_z.jpgBattery box setup by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

This is the structure of the loco with the internal drivetrain. Motors and battery box have an easy release using modified plates/tiles

51599316126_5b68827641_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

The Cab is complete, but may never be official because I would still like to play around with it.

51600144392_99fe1f6040_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2_4 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

The build is finally coming together, and I think I actually like it!:laugh: My favorite part about this MOC so far is the front cone because it has a sleek design and looks simple, yet is pretty complex!

51600144677_c890bf0dd2_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2_5 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

The Model is almost done! The only thing left to do is to complete the rear end and tidy things up! Should I save enough money to create this in real life? There would be about 1450-1500 parts and cost upward of $180 USD

51604329290_044e1183cc_z.jpgBurlington northern gp40-2_6 by Alexx Inc., on Flickr

Edited by AlexxInc

Looks like a good start. Keep posting updates so we can see how it progresses. I have a soft spot for the green and black color scheme, so I can't wait to see how you make it happen.

I cannot seem to upload more than one picture or sometimes not even one because they exceed the capacity.Any ideas 💡 how to fix this? 

49 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Looks like a good start. Keep posting updates so we can see how it progresses. I have a soft spot for the green and black color scheme, so I can't wait to see how you make it happen.

Thanks, I am also very fond of the livery!

Thank you very much! Yes it is a winch, originally used as a string attachment for a crane! I got this idea from chopper Botics Gp-38. More updates will be coming soon as I have spent a couple hours each day on this project. So far I'm happy to say it's looking pretty decent

Edited by AlexxInc

21 hours ago, AlexxInc said:

I cannot seem to upload more than one picture or sometimes not even one because they exceed the capacity.Any ideas 💡 how to fix this? 

You need to upload your pictures to a third party site (e.g., flickr) and link to them from the forum. The EB storage is only for small things like your avatar and signature (possibly messages too). Can't wait to see more.

8 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Seems a big beast!!! The choice of double L motors is without any doubt... wise!!! :wub:

Thank you! It is pretty large! The two reasons I chose these double L motors is because it is over 17 ounces in bricks and I have the motors but have to scrap them off of some large technic sets:sceptic:

Edited by AlexxInc

My file got messed up or corrupted so I had to restart it. Fortunately I had my sub-models on a different storage place!

Edited by AlexxInc

9 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

You need to upload your pictures to a third party site (e.g., flickr) and link to them from the forum. The EB storage is only for small things like your avatar and signature (possibly messages too). Can't wait to see more.

Thanks! I had found it out under the EB new member forum. New pictures will be coming soon

The MOC is shaping up nicely!

(and no problem about the tip, photo storage is one of the non-intuitive EB "features" that trips up a lot of people)

2 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

The MOC is shaping up nicely!

(and no problem about the tip, photo storage is one of the non-intuitive EB "features" that trips up a lot of people)

yea true the photo thing tripped me up aswell! i think they should make it more clear like say below the thing where you can add pictures that this isnt supposed to be used for pictures in threads

2 hours ago, XG BC said:

yea true the photo thing tripped me up aswell! i think they should make it more clear like say below the thing where you can add pictures that this isnt supposed to be used for pictures in threads

I also do think they should add something, but founders of this website want you to read the EB new member forum to know guidelines, etc. Before I knew this I had uploaded that low quality photo shown above.

Edited by AlexxInc

5 minutes ago, AlexxInc said:

I also do think they should add something, but founders of this website want you to read the EB new member forum to know guidelines, etc. Before I knew this I had uploaded that low quality photo shown above.

that is true i didnt know this when i was new to the forum and i am not the person to read the guidelines very thorougly either like reading manuals and stuff beforehand is not my thing i just start with something and when something doesnt work only then will i look in the manual.