evancelt

[COR-FB] Oktoberfest Regrets, Punto Sur

As Ignacio took the last swig from his stein, he rushed to catch up to his friend Paolo.

They'd been at the new Ayuntamiento enjoying themselves, but had decided to head for home.

Ignacio had just finished his fourth stein and he was starting to feel it.

"Hold up! I'm out!"

He heard something rustle in the bushes off to the right.

skunk-1.jpg

-----------------

OOC: This isn't for the competition, I just thought it would be fun :pir-grin: We have houseguests at the moment and I haven't had a chance to start my entry yet but figured I could do something small.

Finally got some of the 3x3 macaroni tiles and it is so satisfying to nest them between the 4x4 and 2x2 macaronis!

Funny little build.:pir_laugh2: The macaroni goes well. So far I have not noticed that I can build it like that.

8 hours ago, NOD said:

Funny little build.:pir_laugh2: The macaroni goes well. So far I have not noticed that I can build it like that.

The new 3x3 macaroni only comes in olive green so far and is part of some new 2021 Super Mario sets. I got a few in a recent Bricks and Pieces order.

5 hours ago, omnihash_cz said:

Cool I didn't know the 3macaroni exist!

How do you flex the tree? Is there some hinge inside the trunk?

Rather than use hinges in this one, I stuck a 14L reddish brown flex tube in the middle. It runs through reddish brown travis bricks (SNOT bricks with studs on all sides). The rail plates are attached to those bricks. There are additional flex tubes on the outside of the trunk (hidden on the back) to force some flex on the leaves.

Edited by evancelt

That's some witchcraft sir!

Just kidding, I never played with Technic (if you wanna play with cogwheels use Merkur ffs!) so this techniques are quite a blackbox for me. I am not sure how to achieve this result in lego studio but boy I'll try!

Edited by omnihash_cz

3 hours ago, omnihash_cz said:

That's some witchcraft sir!

Just kidding, I never played with Technic (if you wanna play with cogwheels use Merkur ffs!) so this techniques are quite a blackbox for me. I am not sure how to achieve this result in lego studio but boy I'll try!

Here's a pic of the trunk with extras removed

Spoiler

skunk-tree.jpg

Edited by evancelt