Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[SR- OKT] Ayuntamiento, Punto Sur

Licensed as an Art and Culture: Large Townhall

Don Alejandro Martínez de Recalde Sáez de Vasoçavala y de Sancha de Larrinaga invites selected guests to the new Ayuntamiento for Oktoberfest. In addition to important residents, guests from all factions are also invited.

51583833947_2afa96e8b0_b.jpgSUR 03 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The envoy Oleon talks about eating snails all the time. The envoy Corrington keeps talking about his alleged heroic deeds in the war. The Sea Rats envoy just says "hello Al" and immediately reaches for a beer. Don Alejandro Martínez de Recalde Sáez de Vasoçavala y de Sancha de Larrinaga secretly wishes to celebrate with the common people because it is funnier.

51583833712_800570f694_b.jpgSUR 02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

On the left side there is a grill stand with Bratwurst and bread. Guards were positioned in front of the house so that not every drunkard comes in.

51584889338_8ca5ea751f_b.jpgSUR 01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

On the right-hand side there is a beverage stand where beer is sold. The beer for the Oktoberfest is produced in the brewery on Punto Sur. Sitting in the back are 2 people who have probably worked hard in the sun all day and are now thirsty. They look a little strange, no idea what faction they are.

51585322879_5b87910f9b_b.jpgSUR 04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

51583832832_2a094464e3_b.jpgSUR 05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Edited by NOD

Massive! I like the alternating blue/white fence design. Nice work. Good seeing the building on an angle on the base

Edited by evancelt

Ooh! Lots to like here! Eslandola style with an Oleon flair. The blue and white tiling contrasts with the white walls and dark red roof nicely. I like the design of the windows, as well as the posts for the railing. Wonderful trees, and I like how the building being set at an angle gives way to "sandy" edges beyond the grass. Some good little vignettes among the minifig posing. Excellent Oktoberfest entry! :pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Massive! I like the alternating blue/white fence design. Nice work. Good seeing the building on an angle on the base

Thank you for the compliments. I borrowed the construction for the palm trees from you.:pir-classic:

25 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Ooh! Lots to like here! Eslandola style with an Oleon flair. The blue and white tiling contrasts with the white walls and dark red roof nicely. I like the design of the windows, as well as the posts for the railing. Wonderful trees, and I like how the building being set at an angle gives way to "sandy" edges beyond the grass. Some good little vignettes among the minifig posing. Excellent Oktoberfest entry! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you for the compliments. The blue and white is from Munich, Bavaria, Oktoberfest.:pir-huzzah2: While building, I didn't notice that it could be confound with Oleon. I told the story from Eslandola's point of view.:pir-grin:

3 hours ago, NOD said:

The blue and white is from Munich, Bavaria, Oktoberfest.:pir-huzzah2: While building, I didn't notice that it could be confound with Oleon. I told the story from Eslandola's point of view.:pir-grin:

Yes, I'm guilty of commenting on the build before I fully read the text. I caught the reference to the Oleon envoy and thought there was more of an Oleon slant to things. Now I'm wondering what it would look like with a green and white checkered pattern (since there's no Bavaria in BoBS :wink:).

6 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Yes, I'm guilty of commenting on the build before I fully read the text. I caught the reference to the Oleon envoy and thought there was more of an Oleon slant to things. Now I'm wondering what it would look like with a green and white checkered pattern (since there's no Bavaria in BoBS :wink:).

You're right. I could imagine the green and yellow could look good. To keep the challenge interesting for other participants, I do not change anything.

6 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Strong start, beautiful build all around. 

Thank you for the compliments. It was fun to build something for the Oktoberfest.