jburgt

Two little brothers

Two little brothers. British Class 08 (left) and the Dutch NS 600 right design with Bricklink Studio. Only the rods have to be replaced by a version of Bricks-on-Rails, but I have no digital parts of it yet.class8r2.png

8 minutes ago, XG BC said:

do you participate in octraintober aswell?

No, I started with Lego a few weeks ago. I am still a rookie.

Why do these look PERFECT to model in the 12v era with appropriate colors and pieces... maybe it's the 0-6-0 arrangement with the connecting rods that reminds me so much of the 7760/7735 wheels! Actually I think @HoMa has made a MOC similar to this one with a red motor and 12v-era black windows, correct me if I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, Reker1000000 said:

Why do these look PERFECT to model in the 12v era with appropriate colors and pieces... maybe it's the 0-6-0 arrangement with the connecting rods that reminds me so much of the 7760/7735 wheels! Actually I think @HoMa has made a MOC similar to this one with a red motor and 12v-era black windows, correct me if I'm wrong.

As said I am totally new. My reference is not any earlier model ever made, but the limited restrictions of the Lego bricks itself. Bricklink Studio gives me a great arsenal of possibilities like TinkerCad in the usual CAD world. As CAD designer the possibilities in my parametric design programs are much, much greater than in Bricklink Studio.

2 hours ago, jburgt said:

you can participate with them they look really good especially if you started just a few weeks ago and they would fit this years topic very well! digital builds are allowed aswell

3 hours ago, jburgt said:

Welcome - great start into this hobby. Your models are wonderful!

1 minute ago, Asper said:

Welcome - great start into this hobby. Your models are wonderful!

Thx!

1 hour ago, XG BC said:

you can participate with them they look really good especially if you started just a few weeks ago and they would fit this years topic very well! digital builds are allowed aswell

How? Where can I find the right URL?

join bmrs flickr group here:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/3699484@N23

then go to discussions and to your category:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/3699484@N23/discuss/72157721915096853/

and post your moc there beware only one loco is allowed so make a render with the color sceme that looks best! only post it there if you dont want to make changes to it though as this will be the model you enter the competition with! (as far as i know i am new to octraintober aswell) if you want to make changes to it post it in the wip discussion first or just make a flickr collection wit octraintober 2021 in the title. good luck and have fun!

Yes, please participate!  These are both charming, and they meet the criteria.  Very admirable critters.  I like the yellow & grey one best myself, but I think the British Racing Green :snicker: one may be most prototypical.

If you have the bricks you should build one in real brick.

Very nice.

Metta,

Ivan

7 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

Yes, please participate!  These are both charming, and they meet the criteria.  Very admirable critters.  I like the yellow & grey one best myself, but I think the British Racing Green :snicker: one may be most prototypical.

If you have the bricks you should build one in real brick.

Very nice.

Metta,

Ivan

Well both are more or less prototypical. On details I can change some issues. I used my Hornby and Roco locos as a reference. But here are the real ones:

img_1212.jpg

BR Class 08

img_1211.jpg

NS 600

I would additionally suggest adding the pictures of the real locomotives to your official entry on BMR. Showing what it is supposed to look like there makes it easy on the judges to verify your MOC.

I changed my design a little bit. Now I used the driving rods of Trained Bricks. I downloaded them from their website, converted it in Parts Designer and imported it in Stud.io

which of the two shall shall I upload to octraintober?

class8-br-ns.jpg 

This is a fantastic little model with a wealth of detail, and the custom rods really make it pop!

Of the two, despite my British Rail biases, I would agree that the NS yellow-grey version is the more visually interesting; it also means the details you've captured stand out much more. But I was never a fan of the plain black or green BR shunters in the first place, I much prefer the wasp-stripe liveries :grin:.

Finally, the age-old question: do you intend to build these in real bricks any time soon? Don't worry if not, I've built far more digital MOCs than real ones :snicker:

I vote for the green one.  I'd like to see either one in real books, but that window for the "door" might not exist in dark green--and might be pretty pricey in yellow!

36 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

Why not submit them as brothers there, the same way as you have presented them here?

It seemed the rule is just one loc. I will go for this:

ns600.jpg

3 hours ago, jburgt said:

It seemed the rule is just one loc. I will go for this:

ns600.jpg

yea i am in the same debacle with my loco aswell i have a red and a dark green livery and idk which one to choose!

Very nice Hippel (as that is how the Dutch version is often called) instantly recognizable.