Ts__

OcTRAINber 2021 WiP: Köf II

On 11/6/2021 at 2:15 PM, HoMa said:

time to show us the brick build version soon.

Are but already the first photos showed above, but yes: I show more. The KöF is finished build, but the lettering and a photo/video session are still missing.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:15 PM, HoMa said:

Hopefully we can have a shunting party with your KöF and my Vollert Robot some day ...

That would be great and maybe we can make it to an exhibition together again.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:57 PM, XG BC said:

this one is perfect! it just has something the other köfs online lacked idk how to describe it the proportions are just perfect 

Thx! Took me a "few" revisions to get here....

On 11/7/2021 at 1:13 PM, Hod Carrier said:

It's clear that you're not prepared to settle for just "good enough" but keep pushing for those alterations to make it right.

Thx. If it can be done better, it must be done better ;-)
And here the WIP releases help me. You get feedback in time and can improve the model.

Thomas

Edited by Ts__

This is the best Köf2 I have seen build from Lego, excellent work and usage of snot technologies.

Shut up and take my vote .... this is amazing.

Due to personal circumstances I am not going to be able to complete my own MEGA-KoF II which I teased in early October. And I am ok with that, because I could never compete with this most excellent rendition ... even though it is at a much small scale than mine, I doubt I could beat the details you managed to achieve - especially the crossed (X) side panels are fantastic.

For those not familiar, this is what I had been teasing in the OcTRAINber Flickr chat:

51665596934_e729615aaa_b.jpg

Edited by Phil B

54 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Shut up and take my vote .... this is amazing.

Due to personal circumstances I am not going to be able to complete my own MEGA-KoF II which I teased in early October. And I am ok with that, because I could never compete with this most excellent rendition ... even though it is at a much small scale than mine, I doubt I could beat the details you managed to achieve - especially the crossed (X) side panels are fantastic.

For those not familiar, this is what I had been teasing in the OcTRAINber Flickr chat:

51665596934_e729615aaa_b.jpg

i have an idea: why not make your köf around an inner metal frame so you could make it pull a wagon with you on it on 5" track kinda like this:

7_1_4_Zug_Domizil.jpg

just came intoy head as you are getting close to that scale.

Thanks Kai and Phil.

Last update before completion. And Holger, there are no render images today, only photos of the built KöF.

KöF II OcTRAINber History II

KöF II OcTRAINBER Light

Thomas

Amazing, now the Köf II even comes with lights. Brilliant. Congratulations to your great little Critter! 

12 hours ago, Ts__ said:

Thanks Kai and Phil.

Last update before completion. And Holger, there are no render images today, only photos of the built KöF.

Thomas

Great model Thomas! I also like the combinaton with the flatcar, very detailled models.

I thank you for the great encouragement!

And now the last contributions:

Köf II OcTRAINber SummaryKöf II OcTRAINber Build methods

Köf II OcTRAINber

Video:

I thank the organizers for the nice contest and all participants for the great exchange and the crazy critters ;-)

Thomas

You, sir, have built a Kof II to be proud of and set a new benchmark. That's a fantastic build full of clever techniques that I certainly would never have thought of. Very many congratulations!! 

I followed this build with extreme interest, because (at least for me)  there's so much to learn from it. Small, smooth, practical - and that side hood panels are a masterpiece!:wub:

Ciao!

Davide

The only problem I have with this build is that I now want to have one too ...... that'll be quite some reverse engineering :)

Thanks a lot.

55 minutes ago, Phil B said:

that'll be quite some reverse engineering :)

I don't want to spoil your fun, but I'm currently trying to create a tutorial ;-)

Thomas

A tutorial for this would be... the icing on a cake that's already to good to be true. Seriously, this is the best Lego Köf so far, deserving of winning. Wishing you the best of luck and success!

I've already commented over on Flickr. Absolutely amazing model. As others have said, best Lego Köf, setting new standards.