800x546.png

Pontelli. Early Afternoon.
A crowded tavern

In a back room we find an assembly of merchants and traders, trading and discussing.

(at the table from left to right:)

Thomas Guilder (standing in for Senior Merchant Habakus)
Willem "Chuck" Norris
Slim Shady

Fred the shopkeeper (yes, he is sitting now)
Lady Beetle
Sir Krantenhagen (Secretary)

800x623.jpg

Sir Krantenhagen:  Well, before we close our weekly trade meeting, I would like to bring up a new topic, which seems to be quite in fashion with customers these days.

Lady Beetle: And what would that be?

Sir Krantenhagen: Tulips, Mylady.

Lady Beetle: Those flowery thingies?

Sir Krantenhagen: Precisely.

Lady Beetle: What about them?

Sir Krantenhagen: Well, it seems that their trade has increased quite significantly over the pasts few weeks. And so have the prices.
    There is quite a lot of dubloons to be made with tulips.

Willem "Chuck" Norris: Yes, I can add to that.  Actually I have a new shipment of tulips coming in tomorrow.

Slim Shady: What type of tulip, if I may ask?

Willem "Chuck" Norris: Those Mondials. 

Slim Shady: How much do you want for them?

Willem "Chuck" Norris: Well, that will be a dubloon each.

Sir Krantenhagen (surprised): Such much?

Lady Beetle (undeterred): How many tulips are shipping in?

Willem "Chuck" Norris: About 25.

Slim Shady:  I'll take them. All of them.

Willem "Chuck" Norris (smiling): That's a done deal then.

640x480.jpg

Lady Beetle: That leaves nothing for me then? I am just a Lady, sitting in front of you, asking you to give me some tulips.

Fred: She's right. Once you have realized that you want to spend the rest of your life selling tulips, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible

Thomas Guilder: I think I can help you out. Habakus is expecting a delivery of fine Royal Blues.
                             About 30. That could be 15 for both of you.

Lady Beetle: And I thought sellers and buyers could never be friends.
                    How much?

Thomas Guilder: Also one dubloon per tulip.

Lady Beetle and Fred smilingly agree.

640x461.jpg

Sir Krantenhagen (distracted): What is that noise coming from the entrance?

Waiter: I am very sorry, Sir. There is a strange guy from Corrington, who is trying to educate everyone of a new monetary system.
    It is said to consist of pnence.

Sir Krantenhagen: Pnence, schmence. Get rid of that guy!
(pausing)
    And I think that concludes our trade meeting for tonight.

(all leave)

Captain Cookie (to himself): There is more to this tulip thing than I initially thought. If this goes on they are going to be more precious than gold!

640x1138.jpg

The story so far:

Something for a Lady

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders   (You are here)

Tulips in the Garden

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips

The first LTP - continued

The Holdup

Neighbourhood Watch and a New Idea

Tulips ... and sistershipping

A Good Idea?

A modern coin system - and someone buys a house

The Final Tulip Duel   (official end of the story line)

Tulips of Pontelli - 1st Epilogue

New Projects

2nd Tulip Epilogue

3rd Tulip Epilogue - Back at HQ

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Really enjoying this tulip storyline! Fun stuff! :pir_laugh2:

I like that you built a trapezoid-shaped table, presumably to make photography of the participants easier. :thumbup:

And I must ask if Thomas Guilder is any relation to my Willem Guilder. They could practically be twins. (Maybe they are? :pir-oh: )

Interesting continuation of the story. The picture in the background looks familiar to me. Unfortunately, I can't remember anymore. What is the name of the picture, who is the painter?

I know Fred, then I see Benjamin Franklin and Captain Cookie. Captain Cookie was probably only there by chance. Of course, all prices for tulips have risen again.

Chuck Norris:pir-oh:, it is said that he won the Terraversa War alone. First he surrounded the enemy. Then he attacked from all sides at the same time and shot all enemies with his flintlock pistol. Because he's so quick to reload the flintlock pistol, he's got a Gatling Gun.

14 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Really enjoying this tulip storyline! Fun stuff! :pir_laugh2:

I like that you built a trapezoid-shaped table, presumably to make photography of the participants easier. :thumbup:

Yepp, I built this especially with photography in mind (which I usually forget and then things don't look like I'd want them to...).
Almost some "forced perspective"-approach. :pir-grin:

14 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

And I must ask if Thomas Guilder is any relation to my Willem Guilder. They could practically be twins. (Maybe they are? :pir-oh: )

I strongly believe that they are twins.

10 hours ago, NOD said:

Interesting continuation of the story. The picture in the background looks familiar to me. Unfortunately, I can't remember anymore. What is the name of the picture, who is the painter?

I know Fred, then I see Benjamin Franklin and Captain Cookie. Captain Cookie was probably only there by chance. Of course, all prices for tulips have risen again.

The painting is "the Girl with the Pearl Earring" from Johannes Vermeer, one of the painters of the Dutch Golden Age (1665).

Captain Cookie never misses a chance to gather information ...

10 hours ago, NOD said:

Chuck Norris:pir-oh:, it is said that he won the Terraversa War alone. First he surrounded the enemy. Then he attacked from all sides at the same time and shot all enemies with his flintlock pistol. Because he's so quick to reload the flintlock pistol, he's got a Gatling Gun.

And - what most people don't know - he did all of this over the course of his lunch break. :pir-laugh:

This is all the more hilarious because I still have no idea where it's going. :pir-laugh:  I really like your wedge shaped table, quite a unique idea!

14 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is all the more hilarious because I still have no idea where it's going. :pir-laugh:  I really like your wedge shaped table, quite a unique idea!

Thanks. Who knows where this is going?

11 hours ago, evancelt said:

:pir-huzzah1:

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

:pir-grin:

Well, this is pretty weird, right. And the really bad thing about it is, that I knew the song before you posted it :pir-cry_sad: