Ngoc Nguyen

42136 - John Deere 9620R 4WD Tractor

3 hours ago, TangersTechnic said:

As soon as my local store has these, I will be grabbing one. (I have a gift voucher so need to buy it from them).

As far as I know, this set is exclusive to TLG, so that might not be an option.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Really, that is really disappointing....

6 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Well buddy you never know what happens Under Down Under :grin:

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Not sure about other countries, but here in Hungary it is listed at ~15 retailers and toy shops at one of the price comparison sites, so it's definitely not exclusive everywhere.

13 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Not sure about other countries

In Netherlands only at Lego and one other online retailer.

11 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

It’s available at David Jones and Myer in Australian, I just got my second one for $37

18 minutes ago, Richombx said:

It’s available at David Jones and Myer in Australian, I just got my second one for $37

Lucky you! Unfortunately it's TLG-exclusive here in the UK.

9 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Lucky you! Unfortunately it's TLG-exclusive here in the UK.

In all fairness it’s not listed on the Lego uk site as an exclusive is it just more that it’s not in stock anywhere yet which is just like the D11 and BMW are in most places.

Don’t you hate it when a big time reviewer builds a kit and completely shags it by putting something obvious on backwards like a panel but doesn’t realize all the way through 

7 hours ago, Richombx said:

Don’t you hate it when a big time reviewer builds a kit and completely shags it by putting something obvious on backwards like a panel but doesn’t realize all the way through 

Besides the obvious fact that none of us is infallible, I suggest to try building a set while you are recording it and trying to make it look good on camera, and possibly taking notes about the build the same time, and so on.

19 hours ago, kbalage said:

Besides the obvious fact that none of us is infallible, I suggest to try building a set while you are recording it and trying to make it look good on camera, and possibly taking notes about the build the same time, and so on.

I’ll leave that to professionals like yourself.  I would have thought he would have realized and edited or redone the build to fix the mistake especially since the instructions are so dumbed down according to the review.

4 hours ago, Richombx said:

I’ll leave that to professionals like yourself.  I would have thought he would have realized and edited or redone the build to fix the mistake especially since the instructions are so dumbed down according to the review.

I don't think I'm a professional, maybe I did more reviews than others. But I also do make mistakes and I don't recognize them all before posting, we are human after all. I simply found your condescending tone unnecessary, and tried to point out that the whole exercise might be more complex than you think for the first sight and errors might slip through easily.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

I don't think I'm a professional, maybe I did more reviews than others. But I also do make mistakes and I don't recognize them all before posting, we are human after all. I simply found your condescending tone unnecessary, and tried to point out that the whole exercise might be more complex than you think for the first sight and errors might slip through easily.

I agree with above.

I think is always better to focus on positives and in my opinion videos with reviews and guides made both by Sariel and RacingBrick are on very high level and their contribution into LEGO Technic building is priceless.

Regarding errors in reviews videos (made by (almost) professionals):

I remember Sariel's review of 10277 Crocodile locomotive, and in his review he didn't realise that pantograph can be fully lowered - as he thought it could be lowered only partially. Somebody kindly remarked that in comment and Sariel admitted his omission and everything was just fine.

Its power of a community: we learn from each other and all that process makes us better builders. And even expert builders are not gods nor immune to (simple) errors.

Kind regards

I have finally tracked down one of these :)

Plan is to build it as the A model, try to make a C model then it might be used for parts, if I don't like the end result enough.

Edited by TangersTechnic

Got this set as a gift (a guided one :) ) and it is very playable. I like it even if turning circle is on a large side. The tires looks great, much better than standard off-road tires. The roof is not great, but no big deal to me.

Weird thing is that instead of 2 pieces of green Slope Curved 3 x 1 No Studs I got only one and one extra Plate 1 x 4 in Brown.

Weird, as this part does not appears in this set, so I guess it's just produced in the same factory and has similar weight.

17 hours ago, Mikdun said:

And the missing part arrived. Only one week, I'm happy. :classic:

One week because missing/damaged parts get priority over regular PaB orders. It's the reason why they paused PaB Billund until January to be able to handle all the quality issues that will come during the Christmas period (probably 50% related to the Orient Expressal alone :P).