Ngoc Nguyen

42136 - John Deere 9620R 4WD Tractor

11 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Apart from the trailer, is there maybe anyone crazy enough to try and reverse-engineer the tractor itself from that one photo? Like figuring out from the shape of the front if it's possible that it may have the piston engine inside, diffs, all wheel drives or only the rear etc?

I think piston engine may fit there, but not powered by diff, probably just one wheel powering it. 

But I think it will be really hard to recreate the model from that one photo, we need more of them to do that.

For $30 I dont expect a diffs, a lot of gears etc

On 12/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, R0Sch said:

The trailer could look something like this:
gHirwA7.png

Apart from oh-god-why is it upside down...

I tried to build it today and the mechanism in your assembly won't really work. There's not enough leverage for the linear actuator to raise the bed and also the pivot point is in a place that the end of the bed will quickly get stuck on rear wheels.

I've figured out my own trailer for the tractor I'm building that is heavily inspired by the shape, but my mechanism isn't even close to that photo.

I'm thinking that maybe there is another idea behind the mechanism on this trailer - like it's not raising the bed, but putting it down behind like a container/sliding it backwards?

2 hours ago, pleegwat said:

Are we sure there even is an LA in that trailer? I'd put my money on a double lever.

Do you have an example where I can find this kind of construction? The issue with simple levers is that the action will be fast and may potentially require a locking mechanism.

The 42078's trailer has that kind of mechanism for the stand I suppose /double lever/.

I higly doubt the trailer will have mini LA for the stand for a given scale. I expect it may have a dead-simple stand just fixed in place by friction pins, or a more complicate 42106-like stand with foldable triangle arm. The same, as for the tipping bed. 

51 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I higly doubt the trailer will have mini LA for the stand for a given scale. I expect it may have a dead-simple stand just fixed in place by friction pins, or a more complicate 42106-like stand with foldable triangle arm. The same, as for the tipping bed. 

You mean because it won't fit or because the Lego wouldn't do it for such small scale set?

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

You mean because it won't fit or because the Lego wouldn't do it for such small scale set?

I mean it is less possible TLG would use it for a relativelly insignificant feature: it may fit everywehere but even having more major features are questionable regarding LA use, it less likelly be used for "just a stand unfolding". But I may be totally wrong here... 

26 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I mean it is less possible TLG would use it for a relativelly insignificant feature: it may fit everywehere but even having more major features are questionable regarding LA use, it less likelly be used for "just a stand unfolding". But I may be totally wrong here... 

I bet you are right about that, this is a very small, simple build and I doubt it has a lot going on. Still it is good enough for me and I look forward to picking it up after release. The way things have been lately though, availability may be an issue, hopefully things get back to semi-normal after the holidays.

Would have been a great opportunity for LEGO to introduce a new corner piece for the panels on the trailer, like the one Efferman created, as per the General Part Discussion thread.

Edited by Johnny1360

I just want to confirm some information. Yes, this set is $30, I got polish Lego Catalog and it have same price as 42120, which is $30 set. Have a nice new year guys.

Also while looking at the picture of this set in my catalogue, I noticed brown smudges on the tyres that look like some kind of mud maybe.

5 minutes ago, Dami said:

Also while looking at the picture of this set in my catalogue, I noticed brown smudges on the tyres that look like some kind of mud maybe.

Is it possible to see pictures?

16 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Is it possible to see pictures?

I can send it to you. Its same picture as RacingBrick showed. But I think it wasnt that easy to saw this.

Edited by Dami

13 minutes ago, Dami said:

I can send it to you. Its same picture as RacingBrick showed. But I think it wasnt that easy to saw this.

Ok, I have this one, but didn't noticed so much details except green 5 x 7 frame acting as roof...but at the first sight didn't noticed more interesting parts...

Thanks for clearing it up

Okay, after seeing this, I am dissapointed.

For the right side, the usage of a panel is mildly acceptable, but for the left side, the solution with a sticker as a ladder is totally off. Also, the front is one stud too short. The yellow trailer is completely wrong for a heavy puller but ok for a play set.

Imho both @Jurss Xerion and @SaperPL Fastrac are way better builts at that scale.

r2c012280_mod_large_medium_50153d34c59e5

Edited by Jundis

Trailer looks like absolute puke and that giant sticker on the roof is making me angry.

And the tractor has a grand total of one function. When a horribly basic trailer has more features than a tractor, something is wrong. Where's the engine?

This is Thecnic lately more aesthetical than functional but It is Aldo true that Lego offers what people demand so...

As a agriculture fan (or builder if I may say) it looks like parts pack (that is expensive)...

46 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Trailer looks like absolute puke and that giant sticker on the roof is making me angry.

And the tractor has a grand total of one function. When a horribly basic trailer has more features than a tractor, something is wrong. Where's the engine?

It is a Licensed joke!

Edit: Did they forget to put a 1 before the 8+ :rofl:

Edited by thekoRngear

39 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

It is a Licensed joke!

Edit: Did they forget to put a 1 before the 8+ :rofl:

It should be 3-8

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

And the tractor has a grand total of one function.

As these wheels are also used for a city tractor set, I actually think that this set is completely useless as technic. It actually could be a way better looking City set with the same functions and no cut-offs at all. I mean these archs would fit perfectly as mudguards:

2339.png

..just a warm up for the 4k piece proper flagship thats been the set of my dreams since i was 8. Thats 41 years TLG!!! Come on.... all these supercars getting released every couple of years, is one monster tractor too much to ask?!!! 🙈🤣

Imagine a 4k piece JCB fastrac? Wow.. it would be awesome.

Edited by TeamThrifty

On 1/30/2022 at 8:33 PM, TeamThrifty said:

Imagine a 4k piece JCB fastrac? Wow.. it would be awesome.

Well, I would go to simpler solution with less parts; besides (from my experience) where would you put 8 studs long motors (if you expect RC flagship)? So (unfortunately) unlikely to see that happening...

Edited by 1gor