Ngoc Nguyen

42141 - McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car

Nice parts in normal blue! I would love to build a classic Alpine A110 in blue some day. I also spotted a few parts new in orange, like the orange wishbone that forms part of the halo (quite clever of the designer), 5x7 frame in orange and perhaps part 15100 in orange too? That would be sweet. I wonder at first why they didn’t use soft axle for the halo, but then again, halo needs to be hard, not soft right? New panels for the wings end plates too so this is already a great parts pack. Tech-wise it seems rather disappointing. Other than the usual suspects, I believe the DRS is not functional, but I’m not sure how DRS will work in the 2022 car either. I’m curious what the underbelly looks like. Doesn’t seem like ground effect is featured here

Edited by lnteknik

There’s an orange frame in the middle of the front axle, by the looks of it. Plenty of recolored connectors but sadly no new panels in orange. More blue is always good in my book though.

40 minutes ago, lnteknik said:

perhaps part 15100 in orange too

There is, in the halo assembly attached to the 9 long suspension arm. There’s the axle variant 22961 too, inside the 21/22 panels.

I wonder if LEGO version will have pull rod suspension like original.

EprHLZQXUAAg3sM.jpg

Why do I see the beams at the front (and some other places) with "filled" distancers between the holes, instead of the well-known hollow mould, just like at the bent liftarm at the cockpit?

9 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Why do I see the beams at the front (and some other places) with "filled" distancers between the holes, instead of the well-known hollow mould, just like at the bent liftarm at the cockpit?

Something like this, maybe?

73507.png

No, I think it's a regular beam, but without the gaps.

Edited by Jockos

s-l600.jpg

Also, in orange.

@Jockos Yeppp, they look like new / modified parts, probably for smoother appearance. Maybe a new design era is coming?

Edited by agrof

45 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Because it's a render and they forgot to include the material reduction holes on some beams and panels, just like in the instructions.

I know the new cars have “discs” as wheel covers but I’m not too sure about what looks like an oversized disc that then has the what would be the tyre printing on it. I can appreciate that a sticker on the tyres wouldn’t work and that printing would be difficult but I would have preferred plain tyres on display and a better looking wheel.

but the overall look I’m liking it

43 minutes ago, Seasider said:

“discs” as wheel covers

Looks like 8x8 circle plate with 2x2 round tile. I hope it's not but look like sticker.

And I wanted TLG rerelease 5x11 blue panel but looks like it don't have. This part is damn rare even color and part itself is very usefull. Cheapest price of new blue 5x11 is 12.22 GBP.

Front suspension looks the same as in 42000 there was also frame 5x7 in the middle.

Lol at the round plates on the front of the tyres, that’s gonna look pretty shitty. Other than that, quite a nice looking set

21 minutes ago, Mane said:

Front suspension looks the same as in 42000 there was also frame 5x7 in the middle.

Good eye. I guess why fix it, if it works. Just like 42056 used front suspension of the 42039.

Does a blue P Zero wet track tire even exist? Thought the wet track have their own tradename "Cinturato".

31 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Lol at the round plates on the front of the tyres, that’s gonna look pretty shitty. Other than that, quite a nice looking set

Not only that, but I think they made a mistake with the tires. It seems there is no blue P Zero wet track tire. The wet and intermediate have their own tradename "Cinturato" and "P Zero" are always slicks. Unless they are brand new for 2022, which would make the leak a spoiler for Pirelli as well not just McLaren.

Pirelli_Formula_One_tires1_2017_Cataloni

P Zero light blue is color code for Ice hard slicks. So double fail.
Strangely, they did it right on the Speed Champions F1 car. Does one team really not know what the other is doing in TLG?
LEGO_76909_alt6.jpg

Edited by R0Sch
vs. Speed Champions

16 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Does a blue P Zero wet track tire even exist? Thought the wet track have their own tradename "Cinturato".

Not only that, but I think they made a mistake with the tires. It seems there is no blue P Zero wet track tire. The wet and intermediate have their own tradename "Cinturato" and "P Zero" are always slicks. Unless they are brand new for 2022, which would make the leak a spoiler for Pirelli as well not just McLaren.

P Zero light blue is color code for Ice hard slicks. So double fail.
Strangely, they did it right on the Speed Champions F1 car. Does one team really not know what the other is doing in TLG?

Yes that is true wet an intermediates use cinturato ;)

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/motorsport/f1/tires

Edited by Milan
Do not quote images from the same page, please.

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Because it's a render and they forgot to include the material reduction holes on some beams and panels, just like in the instructions.

No, some liftarms look like the current ones (with recessed part between the holes) and some other ones and some panels are smooth between the holes.

23 minutes ago, mpj said:

No, some liftarms look like the current ones (with recessed part between the holes) and some other ones and some panels are smooth between the holes.

Really? If that's so than it's a massive aesthetic change. Not to mention a lot of extra weight.

6 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Really? If that's so than it's a massive aesthetic change. Not to mention a lot of extra weight.

Don't worry, it's just an artifact from the heavy compression of the screenshot taken from the 360° animation rendering.

7 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Don't worry, it's just an artifact from the heavy compression of the screenshot taken from the 360° animation rendering.

I hope that's the case, but this doesn't explain why some liftarms are the regular ones.

3 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

I don't even see suspensions on the photo. :laugh:

It's hard to see on the front, but there is a visible pushrod at the back. Ball & socket joint roughly halfway between the rear tyre and the McLaren kiwi logo on the rear bodywork in the photo.

Looking forward to seeing better pics of it soon, and Lego confirming the NZ price.

In that one picture somebody was pushing down front. So there should be suspension. And, if it was in 42000, why not to copy here.

you can see the front yellow suspension next to Richard Mille, and I think it's smth like 8674 set

Edited by BennyF

On 2/7/2022 at 6:44 AM, Technicallism said:

Eventually, it will be revealed tomorrow (08-Feb 2022)!

What time?

Its currently 9.30 am in the UK