Ngoc Nguyen

42141 - McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Are the fender panels the same size as the 3x5x3?

24116.png

2 studs more on the widest side so 5x5x3. Can be used as an extension with the part you show.
42141_3.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

They have axle holes, and, if I'm not mistaken, with a center slot, like "pole swith handle" has.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.  I haven't read all 13 pages of this thread, and I am not excited for the set so I am not up to speed. HOwever, I did just watch @racingbricks YT video  and it appears there is a sticker that really surprises me TLG allowed to pass.  Right behind the cockpit.  both sides.  Reads "Bitci.com" but the way it is illustrated looks awfully like "Bit**".   I cannot believe that passed inspection....I wonder if there are going to be complaints...

7 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Reads "Bitci.com" but the way it is illustrated looks awfully like "Bit**".

Apparently it's a real logo of a real company, and maybe that resemblance is intentional. Since TLG has to reproduce the logos of all the sponsors, I don't think they can do it any differetly

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Apparently it's a real logo of a real company, and maybe that resemblance is intentional. Since TLG has to reproduce the logos of all the sponsors, I don't think they can do it any differetly

either way... I can see at least here in the US some mother passing her kid as he builds it and see that and think "what the....!???"

4 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

either way... I can see at least here in the US some mother passing her kid as he builds it and see that and think "what the....!???"

Is that before or after she notices "Spunk"... no, wait, I'm sorry... "Splunk"?

13 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Is that before or after she notices "Spunk"... no, wait, I'm sorry... "Splunk"?

lol... well I guess you can't please everyone.  Such are the problems of being an international company.  I am not sure what is wrong with "spunk"  :head_back:

Nothing of the 2022 F1 car looks like the LEGO model so why the hell did they release it as such? It's more a concept car with 2021 style livery. Not even a new sticker sheet can fix this because the panels are also the wrong color.
Ca3nX9h.jpg
yFNqFia.jpg

We have still not seem the 2022 car. There are pictures of the FIA model presented last year on team liveries. The only 2022 car seen to date has been the Aston Martin and even that is not definitive. In F1 forums the LEGO model has rised high expectations because some people believes it is more accurate than the renders seen.

In fact the LEGO set seems to have pull rod suspension both front and rear, as experts suspected.

The real car will not be revealed until Abu Dhabi test.

Edited by Pato Sentado

1 minute ago, Pato Sentado said:

We have still not seem the 2022 car. There are pictures of the FIA model presented last year on team liveries. The only 2022 car seen to date has been the Aston Martin and even that is not definitive. In F1 forums the LEGO model has rised high expectations because some people believes it is more accurate than the renders seen.

In fact the LEGO set seems to have pull rod suspension both front and rear, as experts suspected.

Real McLaren F1 car for this year's championship has pull rod suspension, so let's give Lego some time until first reviews appear. Then we will be smarter.

7 minutes ago, Pato Sentado said:

We have still not seem the 2022 car [....] The real car will not be revealed until Abu Dhabi test.

What do you think the 2 pictures I attached show?

25 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Nothing of the 2022 F1 car looks like the LEGO model so why the hell did they release it as such? It's more a concept car with 2021 style livery. Not even a new sticker sheet can fix this because the panels are also the wrong color.

I had a feeling this would be the case, when I read the press release:

the new model plays homage to the team’s iconic 2021 season livery, while giving fans a glimpse of what they might expect from McLaren Racing’s new F1 season model.

So, no real surprises there. Odd choice of Lego and McLaren to go for this release date, knowing full wel that the model would be outdated within days.

17 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

What do you think the 2 pictures I attached show?

James Kay said it is not final version; there will be different car in upcoming testing days

1 minute ago, 1gor said:

James Kay said it is not final version; there will be different car in upcoming testing days

Yes, but the livery will unlikely change.

8 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Yes, but the livery will unlikely change.

Well, we had that situation before; rarely but yes it is unlikely. Despite it is just my opinion, but we should not give us to much headache about livery. IMHO more important is what functionality is implemented and how realistic...

The "thing" presented today looks a lot as a FIA model in team livery, but very little is seen on the video.

The only true 2022 car presented is the Aston Martin, there are even videos of it on track at Silverstone today

https://twitter.com/AstonMartinF1/status/1492108160672448517/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1492108160672448517|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fes.motorsport.com%2Ff1%2Fnews%2Fvideo-primer-coche-formula1-2022-pista-aston-martin%2F8078781%2F

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp/6O1nLNP2/s1000/lance-stroll-aston-martin-1.webp

Edited by Pato Sentado

1 hour ago, Pato Sentado said:

The real car will not be revealed until Abu Dhabi test.

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

Real McLaren F1 car for this year's championship has pull rod suspension, so let's give Lego some time until first reviews appear. Then we will be smarter.

This is actually much more than the show car. I'm not saying that this is a final car that we will see during Barcelona / Bahrain testing (not Abu Dhabi). However, they have clearly went for pull rod at the front and push-rod in the rear. This is completely opposite to previous years. You can see that in the back, just above the diffuser, the bodywork is really narrow - thanks to the new push-rod arrangement.

Also, the front wing differs very much from the show car and is clearly functional from aerodynamic point of view. 

It is the pity, that the Technic model features the livery from last year though....

Edited by Daniel14