Ngoc Nguyen

42141 - McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car

42 minutes ago, LvdH said:

It looks like the 3x5 dog bone frames will also be coming in black:

640x374.jpeg

Where did you get this from

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Just check news sites like stonewars.de. They always post the full set of promotional pictures.

Here's my  preview about the set using the official photos and videos. As a surprising detail from the press release (also available at McLaren), the set supposed to have a differential lock but I could not find any traces of it. Maybe your eyes are better :)   

I am sorry but having looked on the LEGO website I wont be buying this. Its crude and unrealistic for £159.

Yet previously, I couldn't wait to order it

Edited by williamyzfr1

So what are we paying 180 bucks for (again)?? The McLaren license? It´s a big model and obviously supposed to be a display set. IMO it absolutely doesn´t do justice to the expectations of any type of client. It hurts me in the megablox when I watch this video about their great racing history:

25 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

So what are we paying 180 bucks for (again)?? The McLaren license? It´s a big model and obviously supposed to be a display set. IMO it absolutely doesn´t do justice to the expectations of any type of client. It hurts me in the megablox when I watch this video about their great racing history:

Your right - Its not right.

Waste of money if you buy it.

4 Unrealistic wheels and a twig body.

Edited by williamyzfr1

18 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It’s a screenshot from RacingBrick’s video.

Uh this is a sore disappointment. The paneling around the side pods are a complete letdown… come on Lego!

As a fan of orange, I like a lot of the new parts that are coming in orange. Also the little 1x2 panel looks like a useful part.

I love how there's a metric ton of new cosmetic parts in this thing and yet the bodywork uses the ugliest techniques possible in some areas.

It boggles the mind.

A question to all those disappointed by this model but what did you expect from a Technic mode at this scale and price point? I can’t see there being any space in the model for a gearbox especially with the amount of gears they have.

it looks like an F1 car, it has suspension, a fake engine and steering. What are people missing ?

There seams to be a new frame.

If I did count correctly, it might be a 3x21 with at every 7 hole an extra beam for support.

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

X             X              X                  X

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

#Confused :look:

Edit: why is there so much space between my lines ( and how to remove it )?

Edited by jovel

2 minutes ago, jovel said:

There seams to be a new frame.

If I did count correctly, it might be a 3x21 with at every 7 hole an extra beam for support.

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

X             X              X                  X

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

#Confused :look:

It sounds like a very good piece for bracing larger gearboxes!

18 minutes ago, Seasider said:

A question to all those disappointed by this model but what did you expect from a Technic mode at this scale and price point? I can’t see there being any space in the model for a gearbox especially with the amount of gears they have.

it looks like an F1 car, it has suspension, a fake engine and steering. What are people missing ?

Which scale is that? ~ 1 : 8,3 (based on the length), ~ 1 : 7,4 (based on width/height) or ~ 1 : 8,8 (based on tire size), 'cause I am confused which scale this car is... Or am i missing something because all I see are huge gaps in the bodywork :wink:

16 minutes ago, Seasider said:

What about 

opening Hood (the air damped cylinders of prevoius models were awesome), adjustable rear spoiler via linkage mechanism, wheel wings which turnes with the steering (like the real model), a gearbox (I am sure it is possible to fit something in), a diff lock

or anything else which the prevoius three big F1 cars not have done (even better at some points) 

Its just dissapointing that its a pure display model again without any mechanical advantages. 

As expected, a good-ish looking set with suspension, steering and a fake engine. I do hope people expecting a gearbox and other fancy features will realize now that it's simply not the target model/scale for such features and not to expect them again in the next year's 1300-1500 pcs 180€ model.

Having said that I am excited about the recolors and the new frames and panels. I think the new smaller frames will be perfect for gearbox designs and as chassis/frames supports. I also belive they were originally designed for the crawler crane's structural support, so I would expect lots of them in yellow soon.

Edited by Zerobricks

2 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Having said that I am excited about the recolors and the new frames and panels. I think the new smaller frames will be perfect for gearbox designs and as chassis/frames supports. I also belive they were originally designed for the crawler crane's structural support, so I would expect lots of them in yellow soon.

My thoughts too, and I really Iike introducing small panel extension part 1 x 2

49 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I agree. I'm excited about the new parts and the colors. It's faithful to the 2022 F1 cars generally, and the McLaren specifically. It fits my expectations perfectly. 

Man, that side view is killing me ( In rest, for a no F1 lover - the model is just OK. It's in the same range with 42125 and 42096 but even more expensive. An easy pass for me.

3 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

As expected, a good-ish looking set with suspension, steering and a fake engine. I do hope people expecting a gearbox and other fancy features will realize now that it's simply not the target model/scale for such features and not to expect them again in the next year's 1300-1500 pcs 180€ model.

I think what we would like to see is something between the ~1600 pcs 160€ Porsche 911 RSR and the ~2600 pcs 200€ Land Rover Defender, both from a piece count, price and functionality point of view. I don't think it's unfair to expect a licensed set around ~1600-1800 pcs that would have more interesting features than the very basic steering/suspension/fake engine setup. I don't want to see an 8 speed gearbox, but it'd be nice to see functions and not only new panels/parts added. Maybe TLG got too cautious because of the fiasco with the overcomplicated Defender gearbox? 

14 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I do hope people expecting a gearbox and other fancy features will realize now that it's simply not the target model/scale for such features and not to expect them again in the next year's 1300-1500 pcs 180€ model.

Those good old days when even a B-model Formula 1 car had a (2-speed) gearbox... :cry_happy:

500x400p.jpg