Ngoc Nguyen

42141 - McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car

22 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Maybe the message is not so clear.
I means…

LEGO reveal is tomorrow 08-Feb

McLaren reveal is Friday 11-Feb

Makes sense. LEGO usually never reveals something new on a Friday. It's always Tuesday or Thursday.

Edited by R0Sch

15 hours ago, Jim said:

The tires will not be printed. The wheel covers are printed using blue for rain tires. I haven’t seen the video, but maybe Lando or Danny Ric misunderstood :wink: :tongue: 

Or you misunderstood :classic:

The miss understanding could be that on the real F1 car the tyres are printed and the wheel covers only cove the hub. Seems like it was easier for Lego to make bigger wheel covers then set up a process for printing on tyres . Also making them rain tyres are a sneaky choice so they don't have to make slicks :devil_laugh:

Are they definitely printed? I'm hoping for stickers so I don't have apply them or have to get a second set and rub the printing off. :grin:

So what other features are we expecting? Suspension? Technic Cylinder engine? Or something more like the Mack fake cylinders? WIll the engine cover be removable?

@Technicallism I still don’t understand why the Lego model would be revealed before the actual car. Doesn’t make sense.

@ShowsOn there’s a Technic engine using the standard blocks in the model, when I briefly saw the images it showed one. I’d hope for some form of suspension too, and perhaps something to open the wing for DRS as that still exists on the 2022 cars.

Instagram leak images seems to me the new panel (Sian triangles) in standard blue. And I would bet that it is a 1:10

Maybe an leaked images quality but somehow I see these panels are not made in blue but black just with blue stickers. It may make sense since the livery is also a as sticker-paint but I still pray for having the parts in blue ABS plastic, not stickers.

A full leaked image has surfaced on Instagram. The panel is blue, also they are tumbler tires with ugly wheel covers.

14 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

A full leaked image has surfaced on Instagram. The panel is blue, also they are tumbler tires with ugly wheel covers.

link? :D

Just now, BennyF said:

link? :D

Unoficial leaks are not allowed here....

15 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

You're right, really blue ones :classic:

As for the covers, 2022 cars all will have them due to new regulatuons, so TLG de ided not only to add them but extend to unclude the color ring of tyre tupe indication.

1 minute ago, Void_S said:

Unoficial leaks are not allowed here....

You're right, really blue ones :classic:

As for the covers, 2022 cars all will have them due to new regulatuons, so TLG de ided not only to add them but extend to unclude the color ring of tyre tupe indication.

Yeah its a big killer for me. I was on board but now not so much. I'm not a fan of F1 at all but I thought this would be a cool model. I guess it makes sense for them to do it, but it really isn't for me. I'm still on the fence.

Panels above the wheels seem of a new type. And one the sides of the front spoiler. And on the rear spoiler.

Edited by Zerobricks

1 minute ago, OnyyX said:

I'm not a fan of F1 at all but I thought this would be a cool model. I guess it makes sense for them to do it, but it really isn't for me. I'm still on the fence.

I used to be and these new regulations are really game changers now. Many people immidiatelly hate them but as for me they unleash the constructor ideas after many years of stagnation... I wanted to see also something sweet here, in this set, but now afraid of having only ordinary double-wishbones and good-know cylinders. 

1 minute ago, BennyF said:

what do you guys think about scale?

As calculated before with 81,6 mm wheels it's 1:8,8.

To be honest, I dont like this set. It atleast have a lot of new elements.

Edited by Dami

3 hours ago, Cardboy said:

Are they definitely printed? I'm hoping for stickers so I don't have apply them or have to get a second set and rub the printing off. :grin:

Or simply reverse them :laugh: (if that's possible of course)

57 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

...also they are tumbler tires with ugly wheel covers.

:sweet:

It doesn’t look great... It seems unfinished, very rough especially along the sides. The sticker on the black panels near the back of the car look awful. 

The panels on the sides of the front wing and the front “wheelarch” seem new though.

18 hours ago, 1gor said:

Well, all that discussion about tires looks like @Jim turned blue ...

...(he knows something he won't tell :laugh:)...

I only talk about available information :innocent2:

Well its another typical budget model from LEGO which needs to be MODed to look as it should , anyway more fun ;)

Edited by Mane

Is it normal blue? It's been a while since we have had normal blue, so it's nice to get a couple more parts in this color.

I am not much into Formula 1, also orange is not my favorite color... and still, I like this. Looks coherent, some nice features expected (I like sophisticated suspension setups). Also the "gloria" is a win for me, I expected some flex axles, but looks quite solid. Only gripe is the price, but there will be sale and second hand sets in the future.

Edited by agrof

40 minutes ago, Jim said:

I only talk about available information :innocent2:

Yes I know; and I'm an Easter Rabbit :iamded_lol:

Nevertheless (probably) tomorrow more clear images will be public... 

I like it. It's much more fun to me if there are imperfections that I can try to improve.

Do I detect yellow shocks behind ‘Richard Mille’? Pushrod suspension?