Ngoc Nguyen

42141 - McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car

Also the Brickset link is up, its MCL36, its definitely the 2022 car

Edited by OnyyX

Definitely 2022 car! I’m quite excited for this, can’t wait for clearer pictures. Lots of #5, #6 panels in orange are used. The top fin seems to be a black propeller blade from 42125. #50,51 panels in perhaps normal blue? I hope it comes with printed tires, and if they are printed, do you think the tires will come brand new moulds? Definitely a buy, build and mod to Ferrari F1-75 using 42125 parts 

2 minutes ago, lnteknik said:

I hope it comes with printed tires, and if they are printed, do you think the tires will come brand new moulds? 

They look like Tumbler tires to me.

Edit: You probably mean the wheel covers.

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Tumblers were more suited for 13" wheel representation (F1 has 18" from this year). Max was last champion with 13" tires, but we'll see for sure when official pictures will be published

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yeah you may be right. I probably jumped the gun a little there. Tumbler tires, blue ring, full wet make a lot of sense. And it’s probably too hard to print on the curved side walls of those tumbler tires so yup printed wheel cover must be. These wheel covers will probably try to make the rims look bigger too. Typical TLG!

Edited by lnteknik

3 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Tumblers were more suited for 13" wheel representation (F1 has 18" from this year). Max was last champion with 13" tires, but we'll see for sure when official pictures will be published

Would be a valid point, if it weren't for the wheel covers :sweet: They sure look like the Black Tire 81.6 x 44 R.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think I saw 5x11 shell panels on the side

I think there are new too. Also new slick tires!

This is why I hate such dumb leaks. And it's a valid reason for licensing partners to skip the next cooperation project with LEGO. Apart from the colors nothing much can be seen anyway and people just start guessing. Let's just wait a few days, shall we?

I was expecting it to be medium blue, given all the new recolours from the monster jam truck 

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

This is why I hate such dumb leaks. And it's a valid reason for licensing partners to skip the next cooperation project with LEGO. Apart from the colors nothing much can be seen anyway and people just start guessing. Let's just wait a few days, shall we?

People like to speculate and extract information (or at least try to) from dumb leaks. It's something people are really looking forward to. So, it's a personal preference. Feel free to skip this topic for a couple of days (not sure if I can disclose the exact date).

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Also new slick tires!

The tires are blue (rain tires) which means that they aren't slick.

From videos I understood the tires will be printed in blue because they are rain ones... So no covers, no slicks.

2022 will be a great improvement over previous years, both in competition and aesthetics.

Last year's cars were really ugly and full of little aerodynamic appendixes everywhere

If it's 1:8 scale then I'm definitely going to buy it to go with my GT3 RS, Chiron, Sian, Panigale and 2006 Ferrari F1 which are all mounted on the wall of my staircase. 

35 minutes ago, Pato Sentado said:

From videos I understood the tires will be printed in blue because they are rain ones... So no covers, no slicks.

The tires will not be printed. The wheel covers are printed using blue for rain tires. I haven’t seen the video, but maybe Lando or Danny Ric misunderstood :wink: :tongue: 

Or you misunderstood :classic:

Well, all that discussion about tires looks like @Jim turned blue ...

...(he knows something he won't tell :laugh:)...

20 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

Presumably embargo is lifted when actual car is launched on 11 Feb?

I would assume so.

so we’re looking at orange and blue colour scheme similar to last years car? Think it’s a great colour combination 

20 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Eventually, it will be revealed tomorrow (08-Feb 2022)!

Why do you think it’ll be revealed today when the real car isn’t launched till the 11th ? Do you think because the images have been leaked and so Lego will bring the release forward if possible ? I can’t see McLaren doing the same

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

Why do you think it’ll be revealed today when the real car isn’t launched till the 11th ? Do you think because the images have been leaked and so Lego will bring the release forward if possible ? I can’t see McLaren doing the same

Maybe the message is not so clear.
I means…

LEGO reveal is tomorrow 08-Feb

McLaren reveal is Friday 11-Feb

Edited by Technicallism