Ngoc Nguyen

42141 - McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car

3 leaked images are up on reddit for those not yet seen. Seems we get new blue printed tyres. Same livery as the 2021 car but the front wing endplates dont look the same as the 2021 car 

Just like i said when covered about the wheels wing, font wing and back wing will be of the 2022 car :wink:

Edited by Jim
Images removed

Looks like a 2022 car to me from the shaping. Remember in Technic scale it’s more likely to be generic shape rather than all the fine details McLaren will still be working on for their 2022 car.

looks like this may be a purchase for me. 😎

I am really not a car guy, but this thing looks really good. I am a bit concerned about the stability, looking at the part in front of the cockpit, right behind front wheels (2nd pic).

4 minutes ago, Jundis said:

I am really not a car guy, but this thing looks really good. I am a bit concerned about the stability, looking at the part in front of the cockpit, right behind front wheels (2nd pic).

Daniel just tested that for you in the first pic :)))

It 2022 design, I am very suprised they was able to make it, from the pictures it looks a bit chaotic lets wait for better quality pictures.

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What's the blue triangular thing on the side? Is that the panel 50 51 from Sian and Osprey?

It looks like new panels, also front and rear wing looks get new panels too

There's sth curvy and triangular in the front.

I'd say it's panel 50 51.

Edited by Jim
Image removed

For those of you surprised it’s the 2022 car remember the “demo” car from the fia of what a 2022 car should look like has been around for a while now. Take that, add a few tweaks and put it in McLaren colours and there you go. So I’m not surprised.

On front wing looks like new panels. At the rear could be those from that porsche.

All others looks like "old" ones

I have removed the pics, since this involves a license and the pictures are still under embargo. Feel free to discuss though.

Rear wing looks a bit off when you compare it to Haas F1 car, the floor will be probably most interesting thing to check.

Edited by Mane

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have removed the pics, since this involves a license and the pictures are still under embargo. Feel free to discuss though.

It’s just to play safe or already the instructions from TLG to restrict all leaks photos?

Just now, OnyyX said:

Anyone got a link

You know the drill. Don't start asking for links. Just send someone a PM.

Yeah gotcha, found it any way. Nice model. Not an F1 car fan at all but I might buy it, looks cool

Also, Im having a debate with mates what scale it is. Im definitely going 1:8 scale. it looks massive

15 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

It’s just to play safe or already the instructions from TLG to restrict all leaks photos?

I'm simply being a good Ambassador :innocent2: