Ngoc Nguyen

42141 - McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car

From promobricks.de:

All Formula 1 fans can look forward to a new car in March. This consists of 1431 parts and should cost 179.99 euros. It is not yet known which racing team the car comes from. It seems most likely to us that LEGO will enter into a partnership with the current all-time favorite Mercedes or the no less legendary Ferrari. Due to the release date, however, it should be certain that the bolide will be based on the design of the coming 2022 season.

Set number:  42141
Number of parts:  1431
Release date:  March 01, 2022
Recommended age:  18+
RRP:  179.99 euros

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I have a strong feeling that it will be a Ferrari model again with 2 giant sheets of stickers included. :sadnew:

1 minute ago, R0Sch said:

I have a strong feeling that it will be a Ferrari model again with 2 giant sheets of stickers included. :sadnew:

I'd suspect sth not Ferrari because of potential sales cannibalism.

Well, most likely Mercedes or Ferrari (maybe McLaren or Aston Martini?), since they're the "big guys" and had licences in Speed Champions. But I'd rather see an AlphaTauri, their 2021 livery is the most simple one with only 2 colours, so the Lego model would look good even without the stickers:

alphatauri-at02-goodwood-19022021.jpg?crop=(0,244,2600,1707)&width=1600

Wonder what they'll use for the tyres - Tumbler ones?

Edited by syclone

5 minutes ago, syclone said:

Nah, those are too expensive. Probably just the same old over-used street tires they always put on race cars. Must be raining a lot over in Billund if they never put slicks on them.

1 hour ago, syclone said:

Maybe the front tyres of the 1989 Batmobile. They’re approximately the same diameter as the classic 1:10 street tyres but the walls are thicker. 

Does anyone know the scale? Set 8674 has 1246 parts and it's 1:8. This one has 1431 parts so it can easily be the same scale. Would be awesome

10 minutes ago, BennyF said:

Does anyone know the scale? Set 8674 has 1246 parts and it's 1:8. This one has 1431 parts so it can easily be the same scale. Would be awesome

I would guess 1:8 going by past F1 sets.

4 hours ago, allanp said:

I would guess 1:8 going by past F1 sets.

there were a couple of 1:10 also in the past

I wonder if we get the F1 concept car rather than a team car as all the regulations are changing.

15 minutes ago, BennyF said:

this has the same release date as the 42130 BMW but no preview?

The BMW is pushed to January 1st. Check Lego.com for 42130 and you'll see it's coming January 1st.

13 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Source?

A lego leak account on Instagram. It doesnt say exactly which model.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

30 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

A lego leak account on Instagram. It doesnt say exactly which model.

Interesting. I would assume it will be the 2022 model. Just in time for the 2022 season (March 22nd). Odd that they didn't go for the winning car or winning team though. Missed opportunity.

5 hours ago, LvdH said:

Interesting. I would assume it will be the 2022 model. Just in time for the 2022 season (March 22nd). Odd that they didn't go for the winning car or winning team though. Missed opportunity.

And how did you expect them to predict the results when they started to negotiate the licensing deal, probably just around the season start this year? :) 

Most likely it'll be the 2022 F1 car. There's some tricky curves to get right, will be interesting to see how they do it. Surely it will have the engine and push rod suspension. I don't expect there will be a gearbox. They did a roughly 1:8 scale formula car with roughly 1400 pieces a while back, and before that there was the roughly 1400 piece silver champion, however those was a few years ago and not licenced. Part counts for sets the same size have inflated since then. I'm thinking this will be 1:10.