Ngoc Nguyen

42140 - App-controlled Transformation Vehicle

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

PF Conversion for this set will be fun.

Of course it won't be complete without a direction switch to make it still go forward after flipping when the controls are pushed forward.

1 minute ago, howitzer said:

Of course it won't be complete without a direction switch to make it still go forward after flipping when the controls are pushed forward.

That's easy, just flip the IR controller :laugh:

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That's easy, just flip the IR controller :laugh:

Not acceptable, you must flip the direction of motors.

As kids my friend and I had those flippable RC 6x6 cars and it was a lot of fun. Therefore: Looks like a good toy, I like it.

5 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

As kids my friend and I had those flippable RC 6x6 cars and it was a lot of fun. Therefore: Looks like a good toy, I like it.

My kid also has a similar, flipping tracked RC vehicle, it's quite fun to drive around. The only problem with these kind of things is that playing with them inside isn't that great due to the flatness of floors, and taking them outside makes them very quickly dirty and worn out, you can even see the dirt and wear marks in the review video. And this being Lego, you could get 5 similar purpose-built toys for similar price, which makes it kinda expensive for outside play.

@Ngoc Nguyen Did you ever hear of the Snipping Tool?
If you want to make a PF conversion for this, you add the PF switch and link it to the cabin flip mechanism. That way the motors reverse automatically just like the C+ version.

P.S. Don't forget that rubber black is not equal to regular black.

Edited by R0Sch

1 minute ago, R0Sch said:

@Ngoc Nguyen Did you ever hear of the Snipping Tool?
If you want to make a PF conversion for this, you add the PF switch and link it to the cabin flip mechanism. That way the motors reverse automatically just like the C+ version.

That's one brilliant idea!

6 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Did you ever hear of the Snipping Tool?

I do have a screenshot snipping tool in my laptop, but sometimes I'm just lazy haha

Aren't the motors too close to the ground?

They don't seem protected enough, when flipping.

Edited by Parazels

4 hours ago, howitzer said:

The only problem with these kind of things is that playing with them inside isn't that great due to the flatness of floors, and taking them outside makes them very quickly dirty and worn out

I was thinking the same when I saw the video, wonder how this will work inside. I guess that is why there are rubber pins on the tracks, otherwise they would never flip indoors, they would not have the grip to go up on the smooth surfaces, like walls.

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Definitely think this is an indoor-only set. The blue wheelie bar looks like it takes a beating no matter where you drive it, though.

Do you mean the rear spoler? I think it folds down (sсiccors-like) when the blue cabin goes down.

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I do have a screenshot snipping tool in my laptop, but sometimes I'm just lazy haha

On windows just press Win-Shift-S. No need for any other tool. :wink:

Edited by vascolp

Am I wrong for thinking that the spur gears are for less friction and less jamming wherever you drive this?

20z gears in the land rover had a lot of friction for a manual model and the ones in 42075 even clicked at some points /they had like a 0.5mm extra bracing on both sides/.
The L motor isn't slow so why not give it a lower resistance drivetrain.

These are my 5 stotinki on the topic /1 Bulgarian Lev = 100 stotinki/

the new pybricks HUB Firmware from technicmaster0 works with Powered Up 88010 RC & the buttons change the direction after rollover (Hub Position Sensor)

Edited by Al Ex

There's a new problem with PF conversion that I learned of yesterday: When the model flips over, the motor that controls the left track will now control the right track, and vice versa. I can try to switch the direction by connecting the motors to the polar switch, thanks to the suggestion of @R0Sch, but I can't think of any way to change the mapping between motors and tracks.

Maybe it's just more convenient to flip the controller. That way both the direction and the motor mapping will match.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Or maybe - use two controllers joined together physically AND both to be on the same channel so when you flip the vehicle - move your fingers to the left or right.

So the orange controls are on the left controller and the blue controls are on the right.
You can also flip one of the controllers physically to beam towards you, thus - the orientation of the tracks should remain the same I guess..

Edited by GTS

After watching the Sariel review I think this is 2nd best (if not tied with) Technic set for H122 after the 42139. That thing is robust and the rubber pads indeed are helpful. It does what it says and it does it very well.

Edited by thekoRngear

For me, the only disadvantages are lack of physical controls (once again... but that can be solved with BC2 or Pybricks) and low ground clearance, but that's expected from the "flip" feature.

Also, for single-set MOCs I'd prefer the gears to be double-bevel instead of spur, to allow for changes in the direction of movement.

1 minute ago, AVCampos said:

For me, the only disadvantages are lack of physical controls (once again... but that can be solved with BC2 or Pybricks) and low ground clearance, but that's expected from the "flip" feature.

Also, for single-set MOCs I'd prefer the gears to be double-bevel instead of spur, to allow for changes in the direction of movement.

Noted. I now think of buying it as my first C+ set though