Ngoc Nguyen

42140 - App-controlled Transformation Vehicle

9 hours ago, LvdH said:

That's definitely a 1x2 version of the 2x3 extension panel.

Interested to make escapement...

And without that red gear, there is also LBG alternative beam right next to red gear.

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

Also, this set is probably going to be way overpriced, like almost every other control+ set.

Actually, this is the first control+ "speedy" set which price tag seems ok, at least in contrast to the other sets:

42140:  130€   772 pieces   2 L-motors
42109:  130€   463 pieces   1 L- and 1 XL-motor
42124:  130€   374 pieces   2 L-motors

@Jundis I kind of agree with you but on the other hand, around 100 of these pieces are the tracks and another 100 are the rubber inserts. If you deduct these than the set has around 570 pieces. This is still more than the other two sets and the rubber inserts in large amounts are very welcome for many of us. Nevertheless I would say it is still on the expensive side.

4 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

At least there do seem to be some interesting new parts and recolors. Like, those Red gears. What is up with that? This seems like stock photos, so it can't be a prototype thing, and it seems weird to have red gears given the potential to confuse them with clutch 16z gears.

Don't worry, they are orange and who cares if they are recolors of the same part as long as there are no red clutch gears included in the set? Maybe they are slightly altered 16z gears.

9 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Don't worry, they are orange and who cares if they are recolors of the same part as long as there are no red clutch gears included in the set? Maybe they are slightly altered 16z gears.

One gear does look bigger than the other, but a 24t wouldn't fit, and I can't see much but they don't quite look like double bevel gears. And I care if they are recolouring gears to be silly bright colours but that's a different topic! 

Edited by allanp

3 minutes ago, allanp said:

One gear does look bigger than the other, but a 24t wouldn't fit, and I can't see much but they don't quite look like double bevel gears. And I care if they are recolouring gears to be silly bright colours but that's a different topic! 

The 2 orange gears are 16z for sure since they sit on the turquoise 3x3 liftarm. Regarding silly colors you are right, but this set has silly colors anyway including beams in the new neon yellow, something that I did not expect and hoped would stay City exclusive.

6 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

The 2 orange gears are 16z for sure since they sit on the turquoise 3x3 liftarm. Regarding silly colors you are right, but this set has silly colors anyway including beams in the new neon yellow, something that I did not expect and hoped would stay City exclusive.

Agree with that, it looks pretty clear in the video over at lego.com at around 2 seconds into it.

Edited by johnnym
added link

42140_2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Are we sure they're orange? They look red to me.

Yes
42140-gears.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Alright, I'm convinced.

Well, red would also be too similar to the clutch gear, that could have unforeseen consequences.... :iamded_lol:

1 minute ago, johnnym said:

Well, red would also be too similar to the clutch gear, that could have unforeseen consequences.... :iamded_lol:

Yeah, that would lead to total disaster! *huh*

Weird that we're getting orange gears now - the last one was in 8516 in 2000.

3648.png

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, that would lead to total disaster! *huh*

Indeed, I mean we could just have stayed with the LBG ones and be happy... :wall:

14 hours ago, LvdH said:

2XKUcE8.png

That's definitely a 1x2 version of the 2x3 extension panel.

Out of interest, where's this image from?

Edited by heyitsdisty

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's the 360-deg view from the product page.

Oooh :0  How does one get to the 360-degree view section? I've looked all over the JB Spielwaren page but I don't see any sign of a button.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

We already have a good number of those. They're becoming quite common.

I was more thinking of 2L pins, because - ahm, ahm, ... oh yes - the old/new black 2L axles look so similar. :wink:

1 minute ago, johnnym said:

I was more thinking of 2L pins, because - ahm, ahm, ... oh yes - the old/new black 2L axles look so similar. :wink:

The 2L frictionless pins do have yellow variants, so you're probably not far off.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

The 2L frictionless pins do have yellow variants, so you're probably not far off.

Actually I wouldn't have a problem at all, if TLG would produce pins and other connecting pieces in the whole color palette apart from sets, preferably in packs of hundreds or so. But I got used to the different colors since restarting this hobby after my childhood and I for example find the color difference betwen 2L and 3L pins really useful when digitizing a model. I just makes it much easier to determine what part is used in some cases. But what I didn't like for example was the move from the original pin with pin hole to the new mini-friction part (i.e. 15100 => 65487). The gull-wing doors in my 42093 alternate model only work right with the old pieces, the new ones don't have enough friction to keep the doors up. Good thing that 42093 still came with the old pieces. Sorry, way off topic now.

Still don't see a reason to make orange 16 tooth gears, well, maybe they stand out much more then, what a success.

1 hour ago, heyitsdisty said:

Oooh :0  How does one get to the 360-degree view section? I've looked all over the JB Spielwaren page but I don't see any sign of a button.

On LEGO.com, every set as far as I know has a looping 360° video, that’s just a screenshot from a particular angle. 

Edited by LvdH