From promobricks.de:

Another medium-sized car awaits us with the Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500. The set consists of 544 parts and will cost 49.99 euros . The car is lime green and has white rally stripes.

Set number:  42138
Name:  Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Number of parts:  544
Release date:  January 01, 2022
RRP:  49.99 euros

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_1.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_2.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_3.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_4.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_5.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_6.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_7.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_8.jpg

42138-LEGO-Ford-Shelby-Cobra_10.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I assume it will be the same size as the Corvette? Not my favorite color theme but I look forward to this one either way.

I would like they are able to get 42123 - McLaren Senna GTR level of details and accuracy, but amount of parts points out rather 42093 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 level ;/ Nevertheless I am still looking forward to this set.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:56 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the lime L panels will be used for the front.

Do you mean the bottom-sided shapes of the front splitter? It looks quite similar is shape but I afraid will make the nose (ok, the front overhang) overproportionaly long, and even worse, it may make the steering impossible...

I still beleive it may be made of the regunalr conenctors. Like that:

400x300.png 400x300.png

Edited by Void_S

On 10/10/2021 at 3:53 AM, keymaker said:

I would like they are able to get 42123 - McLaren Senna GTR level of details and accuracy, but amount of parts points out rather 42093 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 level ;/ Nevertheless I am still looking forward to this set.

ZR1 should have had stickers for headlights instead of brick built headlights. Going with brick built headlights really compromised the shape of the front end, making the car nearly unrecognizable. The profile and rear of the car aren't that bad.

The Senna sacrificed a differential to look that nice. It cheated on scale by an awful lot too.

Guessing they won't even try to brick built Mustang headlights. It'll be a sticker. So it'll be 4 wheels, steering column, an engine, and a diff, with a decent looking shell wrapped around it.

53 minutes ago, RocketPuppy said:

it'll be 4 wheels, steering column, an engine, and a diff, with a decent looking shell wrapped around it.

...or a pullback?

On 10/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, Void_S said:

I still beleive it may be made of the regunalr conenctors. Like that:

This one is actually pretty nice, any more info?

On 10/11/2021 at 12:37 PM, Void_S said:

Like that:

Sideskirts are somehow wrong.

Maybe for bonnet there will be those tappered/curved panels, and then there will be stickers for stripes

10 hours ago, Michael217 said:

And who is the author of this model do you know?

:blush:

3 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

@Void_S Did you make this model yourself?

If so, I wonder what the piece count is.

It's my version (even draft of it yet) of this set - I just wanted to try to replicate the 2019/20/21 version "in pieces" and dared to publish it here.
For just a "facelifted" muscle car from 42098 Car Transporetd set (no suspension, no extra features yet, just the same V8-"trumphet" engine, HOGed steering and rear differential) it aproximatelly includes about ~550 parts, so for the offcial set made of 544 parts it is one more prove that it should be "Corevtte-sized" set.

It is not a draft nor prototype nor any leaked image of the set. Just my own personal attempt to imagine how it may look like, which may be totally wrong.

Edited by Void_S

Thats exactly how I imagine this set. Im not very hyped for that at all but I still would buy this. I have 42093, 42122, 42123 and they are very fun sets, especially 42123

I just realized:

42056 / 42083 / 42115 = orange / blue / lime
42093 / 42123 / 42138 = orange / blue / lime

20 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

I just realized:

Hmm, nice observation - bright and vibrant colors are common for sportscars and supercars. Here may be some red and white ones but I believe there are a lot of more "utility" vehicles in these colors.

Should we wait for some new USC supercar to see its color? I think it makes sense :sweet:

I think next UCS supercar will be Yellow so, next 1:16 car will be yellow too

I wonder if this Ford will be as recognizable as the Corvette, considering only 500 parts or better?...

1 hour ago, Gumalca said:

I just realized:

Probably part of this is a desire to get more usage out of the new parts released in certain colors (Though the Senna was a different blue than the Chiron.

I hadn't noticed this either!

7 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Probably part of this is a desire to get more usage out of the new parts released in certain colors (Though the Senna was a different blue than the Chiron.

I hadn't noticed this either!

Yeah, it is quite a strong point - I also noticed that all the parts I was trying to use in lime are exists (for sure except the small arches, yet :grin:), since were presented in the latest "Cian" set. The only thing I bear in mind - will they be ll lime, or some "lime-shaded ones"? Well, you know... :laugh:

The body uses the same design as the azure car from 42098. There's a 3x11 shell panel (2 holes) on top and a 3x11 flat panel under it. That means no openable doors. Lime Corvette fenders are connected to both sides.  @Void_S you got that part right.

The front part uses two small panels #21 and #22, and a middle panel. The middle shape is achieved by a pin with pin hole 15100 in the bottom and a #4 or #5 connector on top. The horizontal lines are achieved by the curved slope system piece, so it looks a bit disconnected. I prefer the lime 3 way connectors design by @Void_S.

The roof uses 3 3x13 curved panels, like that of the 42098's car. Overall it feels like a lime reskin of 42098's car and nothing extraordinary.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

That sounds sad for me... Initially I also wanted to cut the corner and use system slopes but found it as not fair solution for a Technic set.

Nevermind, I will polish my version but publish it later, after the official release.

Edited by Void_S

Agreed, the iconic shapes of the front look disconnected here. But since it's preliminary there is still the possibility we'll see different solutions in the final model.

Follwing the preliminary image we might (if the desing remains the same) get the following new parts here:

• 4 lime "corvette"-sized wheelarches 42531.
  • 2 (at least) lime quarter-ellipse 2*3 curved panel "extenders" 71708. I may be mistaken but I see that 3*11 curved panels have +2L leng,t not +1L behind the pinholes with door handles), so it may mean some panels extension.
  • 3 (at least) lime small 3l panels 71682.
  • 4 (at least) lime 1L "pipes", previously seen only in UCS Cian and Gravedigger.
  • 3 (at least) lime 'Bionicle tooth', previously seen only in UCS Cian.
  • A lot of lime Pin with pinhole connectors 15100.

Unfortuntelly, the current (preliminary?) design of the headlignts leads to sticker-made inner inclined LED-stripes, not brick-build ones.
As for their "disconetness", it can be easilly corrected by raising the "headlight blocks" at 0.5 stud higher (I propse that they are made of 2*2 plate with a side-pinhole where the headlight tiles and curved slope are mounted), so the lime slope acts as a pure continuation of 135-degress connector (#4), like I tried to do with 3-axles hub.

Plus I see that A-pillars now are made of 4-6 angled liftarms, so it should be qure sturdier than 42098. Hopefully they will have stickers to hide them under painted A-pillar and windshield frame, as othwerwise they look exteremelly ugly...

With the greatest sadness...

• Lockable pull-back motor (WHY???)
  • No steering. I still believed that I was mistaken by seeing the "wide" tires at the front wheels in the preliminary photos (which will be impossible to steer) but now I see that are...
  • Ugly lowered headlights... :oh:

Well, now I'm going back to my version and will make it with steering and V8. How damn Mustang may have something except V8 block?