Ngoc Nguyen

42137 - Formula E Porsche 99X Electric

2 minutes ago, kbalage said:

But not all panels are numbered so there's no consistent way to look up all of these...

True. And your underlying question remains valid: what happened to the other numbers. Perhaps it tells us how many prototypes have been serious enough to warrant a number but finally didn't make the cut...

Probably they take a new multiple of 10 for a new "series" so they can fill the intermediate numbers for different sizes within the same design. If the trapezium/triangle panels come out in smaller size, they can be given 52/53 and the numbering still makes sense.

Of course, the problem with 60 and 61 is that they shouldn't be mistaken for 09 and 19...

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

not all panels are numbered so there's no consistent way to look up all of these...

As far as I know (but I could be mistaken, I don't have an overview of all panels), all asymmetric panels (i.e. all panels that have a left and right version being each other's mirror image) are numbered and all symmetric panels are not. That proves that at least one important reason for the numbers is allow people to discern the left and right versions.

At 3:33 Sariel says, regarding the new panel fairings, that he "can't think of any existing Technic panels that can fit flush with these". But then we have this photo from Jim:

51729679788_dcaedab135_c.jpg

So was Sariel having a lapse of imagination here, or does this not count as 'flush'?

45 minutes ago, astyanax said:

But then we have this photo from Jim:

I am curious how well this combination matches, can I ask for more photos? Different angle for example?

How do these cooperate with the 42128 tow truck and 42098 car transporter? Do the back wheels even roll without the motor being engaged? 

35 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

How do these cooperate with the 42128 tow truck and 42098 car transporter? Do the back wheels even roll without the motor being engaged? 

See my video showing the cars with the car transporter. The rear wheels act like on any pullback set, you cannot go backwards without winding up the pullback motor. If the launch mechanism is locked then you cannot go forward :) 

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

At 3:33 Sariel says, regarding the new panel fairings, that he "can't think of any existing Technic panels that can fit flush with these". But then we have this photo from Jim:

51729679788_dcaedab135_c.jpg

So was Sariel having a lapse of imagination here, or does this not count as 'flush'?

I don't think that it is flush because of the pin hole sticking out in the direction of the white panel, since in my experience that nocks against the panel. 

41 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

*snip* pin hole sticking that nocks against the panel. 

Yeah you are right... weird that TLG didn't slope that pin hole a bit to avoid this. Seems like a very small modification to do, with no impact on the brick otherwise.

55 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

I don't think that it is flush because of the pin hole sticking out in the direction of the white panel, since in my experience that nocks against the panel. 

Perhaps @Jim can (dis)confirm whether the white and red panels are colliding in this position?

3 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

If I'm not mistaken, it is recommened to tow "partly loaded" with hooks or underlift the RWD cars by raising its rear part, e.g. "raise and tow the driven axle". So if they can be taken by the rear, they should be compatible with 42128. As for 42098 transporter, I found tge same "hole" behind the front bumper at Mustang, so it should nice fit the yellow locks. However, because of pullback motors it will not able to roll backward freeley. :sceptic:

2 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I created a 3D model for the new 5x2 curved liftarm from this set. If anybody wants to experiment with building digitally with the part, let me know.

Awesome, might be useful to post this on the digital tool subforum, so it could be added to LDD and Studio.