Ngoc Nguyen

42137 - Formula E Porsche 99X Electric

1 hour ago, karmadrome said:

Both the Mustang and the Porsche have an "AR" logo at the lower left corner of the box, so it seems you will get some Augmented Reality app to play with. Good move, Lego, make them kids play with their smartphones even more:wall:

Like the Zetros? What would it even show in a set that simple?

These new panels look exactly what I've been wanting for a while. Now, give me those in other colours (nothing wrong with black, but more is more).

The front wheel arches indeed look quite ugly, the Technic beam holes just break the inner side completely, while the outer side isn't that great either.

7 hours ago, karmadrome said:

Both the Mustang and the Porsche have an "AR" logo at the lower left corner of the box, so it seems you will get some Augmented Reality app to play with. Good move, Lego, make them kids play with their smartphones even more:wall:

There's already been so much bashing bout bringing Lego to smartphones... Imho this is a wonderful way to integrate Lego into today's kids life and to encourage them to do something more creative with their smartphones than just watching let's play videos on YT.
I really like the way Lego is going these days.

Edited by XTN

heavy lift helicopter

heavy duty excavator

jeep wrangler

42108 mobile crane

race cart

42094 tracked loader

snowmobile

construction crew

container truck

mack anthem B model

24 hour race car

arctic truck

42025 cargo plane!

air race jet!

bmw 1200gs

And then for 1h this year theres 4 sodding pullbacks, one small bike and one 2000 piece bike.

What the hell?

Edited by SNIPE

3 hours ago, SNIPE said:

heavy lift helicopter

heavy duty excavator

jeep wrangler

42108 mobile crane

race cart

42094 tracked loader

snowmobile

construction crew

container truck

mack anthem B model

24 hour race car

arctic truck

42025 cargo plane!

air race jet!

bmw 1200gs

And then for 1h this year theres 4 sodding pullbacks, one small bike and one 2000 piece bike.

What the hell?

Dont worry, rumours says that in March (still H1) we will get $10 Telehandler, $75 6x6 Quadbike, $130 Control+, $180 F1 Car, and maybe a $30 John Deere tractor.

I hoped it will have at least one gear for locking mechanism. But sadly it isnt. Im happy about the Flip-Flop Beams and a lot of parts in new colors.

6 hours ago, Dami said:

Dont worry, rumours says that in March (still H1) we will get $10 Telehandler, $75 6x6 Quadbike, $130 Control+, $180 F1 Car, and maybe a $30 John Deere tractor.

hmm ok

28 minutes ago, karmadrome said:

There seems to be another new piece, shown at 7:30 in the above video, a new axle connector it seems.

This is an already existing connector 24122.

Edited by Igor1

8 hours ago, Igor1 said:

This is an already existing connector 24122.

Ah, sorry. Wasn't aware of that part. Ah, the sides are bar holders. Interesting piece, but I guess it's not used in technic builds too much

45 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

And 5x2x1 Panel extension in black color! :wub:

Yes! I wonder if the axle holes will actually line up with these ones! :sceptic:

Here's my review of the set with a sneak peek at the AR app and the obligatory car transporter test:

@kbalage You remark that the new panel fairings are numbered 60 and 61, while nothing previously existed above 30. But if you look on the underside of 67142 and 68196 you'll see they're numbered 50 and 51, respectively. :pir-sweet:

Edited by astyanax

They probably came up with 60+ different panel designs over the years and they are releasing them where they are justified.

22 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

They probably came up with 60+ different panel designs over the years and they are releasing them where they are justified.

I wonder what it would be like to design a  car with those 60+ panel designs at your disposal!

3 hours ago, astyanax said:

@kbalage You remark that the new panel fairings are numbered 60 and 61, while nothing previously existed above 30. But if you look on the underside of 67142 and 68196 you'll see they're numbered 50 and 51, respectively. :pir-sweet:

I stand corrected :classic: I checked "panel fairings" on rebrickable and since these are only called panels they did not show up in the list, honestly I did not even think about them. But not all panels are numbered so there's no consistent way to look up all of these...