9 hours ago, amorti said:

but I want it just for the wheels and forks.

I believe you can get them from Bricks & Pieces separately.

11 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Just looked.  You are correct.  At least in the US.  But for premium price.  Around 7 bucks for the blue shock, 6 for the front forks. Which I don't mind paying.... it is their product.  I probably will pick some up.  

22 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Lego doesn't deliver pieces to my country, unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

for premium price.  Around 7 bucks for the blue shock, 6 for the front forks. Which I don't mind paying.... it is their product.  I probably will pick some up.  

Actually, those prices actually seem pretty reasonable to me, especially for the front shocks.

Maybe I'll try to figure something out, like have the pieces delivered to my folks in UK.

Like the Porsche GT3RS, Bugatti and Lamborghini, the wheels aren't available on Bricks and Pieces and most likely never will be due to it being a licensed part. I tried ordering the wheels of the Lamborghini a few times and every time the order got cancelled or denied. So if you want the wheels and shock absorbers, it's probably a better idea to just wait for a decent discount and buy the complete set. 

I have to say all things considered, this set was very fun to build, for me anyway, you really need to pay attention to what you are doing. Always enjoy putting a gearbox together and my skills designing my own are somewhat lacking, so I really enjoyed that part, also had no issues with the shifter, works great and only jammed one time out of many, many operations. Of course there are a few issues, what build isn't and the stickers are a bit overwhelming but I am very much looking forward to mods and B models with this set.

Mostly I am glad people are balking about getting this set as it made it much easier to actually get one, still trying to pick up the tow truck, lol.

Edit: The little door that opens up on the right side was kind of cool too, it gives you a limited view of the shifter gears, a 2x1L hole doesn't show much, lol.

Edited by Johnny1360

19 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Just looked.  You are correct.  At least in the US.  But for premium price.  Around 7 bucks for the blue shock, 6 for the front forks. Which I don't mind paying.... it is their product.  I probably will pick some up.  

Yeah, the price is significant, but not unreasonable in my opinion. I believe they will be much more expensive in Bricklink, as they will never become commonly used parts and beside B&P the only way to obtain them is to buy the set - most if which will probably go to the shelves of motorbike enthusiasts, and won't get parted out for resale any time soon.

19 hours ago, amorti said:

Lego doesn't deliver pieces to my country, unfortunately.

Actually, those prices actually seem pretty reasonable to me, especially for the front shocks.

Maybe I'll try to figure something out, like have the pieces delivered to my folks in UK.

That's too bad :( Having the pieces delivered to someone in another country and then forwarding the package to you is great option though, if possible. If not, then your only options will be to buy the set or wait for them to become available in Bricklink...

Edited by howitzer

Looking at the photos of the prototypes I noticed some things:

• At the time of the prototypes the 11 flip flop beams didn't exist yet, the designer simply cut the 11x7 frames to get them
  • 2x3 curved pieces were still prototypes hence white
  • One of the prototypes used a warm colored half stud bush at the handlebars

8 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

At the time of the prototypes the 11 flip flop beams didn't exist yet, the designer simply cut the 11x7 frames to get them

Where did you see this?

Well my build is finished although I am unhappy with about 5 stickers (placement etc) so am expecting a new set from Lego to replace those I am unhappy with.

Lets hope I get it right when they turn up - I had more trouble with alignment of stickers on this set than with the Ferrari.

Build this one without stickers and some minor color changes.

I did put the 857-1 in front of it!

51850099960_61bd988597_c.jpg

43 years of lego fun!

5 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

Build this one without stickers and some minor color changes.

I did put the 857-1 in front of it!

43 years of lego fun!

Funny, I wondered how these compare, as the 857 was the first Technic motorcycles, and one of the biggest of all time, until 42130 came along. Thanks for the photo!

Hi all, small question. I've just completed bags 1 and 2. The gearbox seems to work: I can move 3 up and then 3 down.

But I have no neutral: I was expecting to have the pistons not moving when pulling the chain while in one of the 4 "gears". But for me, pistons always move when I pull the chain, no matter in which gear I'm in.

Have I done something wrong ?

Edited by HornetMaX

11 hours ago, HornetMaX said:

Hi all, small question. I've just completed bags 1 and 2. The gearbox seems to work: I can move 3 up and then 3 down.

But I have no neutral: I was expecting to have the pistons not moving when pulling the chain while in one of the 4 "gears". But for me, pistons always move when I pull the chain, no matter in which gear I'm in.

Have I done something wrong ?

Answering to myself: I went back (quite a pain) and gained access to the gearbox. There was nothing wrong, except that due to friction and the engine pistons being a very light load, pulling the chain was making the pistons move even in neutral.

But I discovered something: for me the neutral gear is the top one, not between 2 other gears. No big deal.