On 11/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, nerdsforprez said:

I lost track of this thread... but scrolling through I did notice the official release date.  I think it was mid march.  Do you have some official information as to what venue will be sharing more information about this set 10 days from now? 

We are scheduling a review for EB.
Not sure if we are going to make it on 9th of Dec, given it will arrive just around that date, but we will give our best for it to be online asap.

20 hours ago, Milan said:

Not sure if we are going to make it on 9th of Dec, given it will arrive just around that date, but we will give our best for it to be online asap.

Oh awesome!!

On 12/4/2021 at 11:58 PM, Milan said:

If Jim's 42137 & 42138 reviews are his last for this year, who's gonna review this set?

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If Jim's 42137 & 42138 reviews are his last for this year, who's gonna review this set?

We were looking for a casual, but passionate biker, who rides most of the year, with the mandatory motorcycle tag on his profile, for this particular review.
Jokes aside, the set arrived one hour ago, and the Canon is already hard at work.

1 hour ago, Milan said:

We were looking for a casual, but passionate biker, who rides most of the year, with the mandatory motorcycle tag on his profile, for this particular review.
Jokes aside, the set arrived one hour ago, and the Canon is already hard at work.

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!! Thanks for the update. I know nothing can be revealed just yet, and I know the worst enemy of a good set is having too high expectations, but I can't help feeling my hopes slowly rising for this one. Can you reveal where our hopes should be?! :blush:

39 minutes ago, allanp said:

..... Can you reveal where our hopes should be?! :blush:

Lol.... I like how you worded this.  

11 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Is it a collector set like the Chiron or the Sian?

I believe this is a new line of UCS Technic styled MCs.  Perhaps even rolling out every other year, like the UCS cars, just on an alternating cycle.  At least that is how I believe it has been pitched at this time....

15 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Lol.... I like how you worded this. 

:wink:

16 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

just on an alternating cycle.

I like how you worded that also!

I have been thinking about this set (and looking forward to it) and could the reason for the larger scale be the impossibility of an in-line 4 in whatever the current scale is? Looking at past technic sets, the only bike with an in-line engine was 8051 and even then it was only a 3 cylinder.

Hopefully the larger scale allows for some extra details like a front fender and perhaps a representation of the brake calipers :classic:

1 minute ago, FlyingFordFalcon said:

Hopefully the larger scale allows for some extra details like a front fender and perhaps a representation of the brake calipers :classic:

There have to be multiple new parts: Wheels and tires, break calipers, shock absorbers, ...

2 minutes ago, Jundis said:

There have to be multiple new parts: Wheels and tires, break calipers, shock absorbers, ...

Yup. I don't think there's ever been a 1:5 scale Technic set before so that would normally require a few new parts.

18 hours ago, allanp said:

Can you reveal where our hopes should be?! 

If you like motorcycles, you will most likely be happy with this set :wink:

16 minutes ago, Milan said:

Haha well played!

Ok ok, but what if, like me, you don't really care what the subject matter is (be it a car, motor bike, crane or whatever) but how well the model accurately recreates the mechanics (not just functions) of its real life counterpart?! All will be revealed Thursday! At a 1:5 scale they could get pretty darned mechanically accurate, ahhhhh temper those expectations Allan!

Very excited about this new UCS direction they are taking the motorcycles. Can't wait to see the new wheels and suspension parts, they will be useful for other kinds of models too.

It still amazes me how no photo of this set has managed to get to the Internet so far, esp given that a few people might have a copy in their hands already.

2 hours ago, Milan said:

We can also say that if someone loves shelby car he will love a lego shelby....or not. Wait and see...

2 hours ago, Milan said:

I've got zx10r and i love it ❤.. bikes are my thing so i'm hopeful that this set really hits the bike-geek spot. The Ducati really didn't at all, i had zero interest. I'd love to see mechanical authenticity, something a mechnically minded bike owner can embrace.

...and then maybe in a couple of years we'll get a proper model! Not of this bmw nonsense, a Kawasaki zx10r!!🤣 

Edited by TeamThrifty

7 hours ago, steph77 said:

We can also say that if someone loves shelby car he will love a lego shelby....or not. Wait and see...

I did not talk about a specific brand, but a vehicle type. New parts and techniques in a motorcycles can be vastly different than in a supercar or, for Allanp, construction equipment set. Hence my reply in that manner. And embargo.

7 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

...and then maybe in a couple of years we'll get a proper model! Not of this bmw nonsense, a Kawasaki zx10r!!🤣 

Would love to see that, too, one day.
Or a GSXR 1300 :sweet:

Technically the differences between a ZXR10, a GSXR o  M1000RR are very little Al they are all transversal inline fours with a Deltabox frame.

45 minutes ago, Pato Sentado said:

Technically the differences between a ZXR10, a GSXR o  M1000RR are very little Al they are all transversal inline fours with a Deltabox frame.

One could say much the same about a Bugatti and a Sian or GT3 RS. A difference in the number of cylinders is trivial, according to LEGO, they're all just big gearboxes with four wheels and double wishbone suspension all round.

Still, I agree it would be interesting to see different stuff. Maybe a trellis frame, maybe new bigger pistons for a 1:5 v-twin or triple.

Unlikely to happen as a set, but with these new large motorcycle parts, I can imagine someone doing hub steering as a moc.