I am very excited by this set and can see many opportunities to do it right and load it up with features and great looks. However I will set my expectations low, like I said in another thread, often I expect much and end up disappointed when the final product comes out, lol.

Still I can't help but be a little stoked by this announcement.

Edited by Johnny1360

Here's a thought... those of us with bikes know the suspension is highly adjustable for compression and rebound damping, plus spring preload as well as rear ride height....

Pneumatics could be used alongside a spring to act as the oil in the damping circuit. I've built car suspension and used a pneumatic ram with the hose constricted to act as a damper. It works well and takes the bounce out of the spring.

If new parts are likely it would be a nice feature and is a significant part of a real sportsbike. (and a headache to setup!!)

If there is new part in this giant bike, I want see TLG bring back flex cable system and use for replicate real bike's throttle lever and brake lever.

6 hours ago, msk6003 said:

If there is new part in this giant bike, I want see TLG bring back flex cable system and use for replicate real bike's throttle lever and brake lever.

Hell yes, I want this so badly too. Cables would allow for a lot of possibility with functions. It'd be even better if they can accomplish it with plastic cables rather than metal wire, because then it could be cheap

Edited by Bartybum

I think this set is gonna be the 42056 equivalent for big motorbikes, similar to how 42056 also introduced a lot of new elements that opens up new possibilities in Technic supercar designs.

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Hell yes, I want this so badly too. Cables would allow for a lot of possibility with functions. It'd be even better if they can accomplish it with plastic cables rather than metal wire, because then it could be cheap

That is what the flex system was in the mid90s. Ten year old me snapped more of them than he left intact.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:40 AM, TeamThrifty said:

Here's a thought... those of us with bikes know the suspension is highly adjustable for compression and rebound damping, plus spring preload as well as rear ride height....

Pneumatics could be used alongside a spring to act as the oil in the damping circuit. I've built car suspension and used a pneumatic ram with the hose constricted to act as a damper. It works well and takes the bounce out of the spring.

If new parts are likely it would be a nice feature and is a significant part of a real sportsbike. (and a headache to setup!!)

Not sure if they will include damping but I'd expect to see new fork pieces due to the larger scale, and maybe a new shock. Should have a proper wide rear wheel too, rather than just a wider tyre on the same wheel piece like previous technic bikes. I'm wondering about the gearbox, the Land Rover Defender was a similarly priced set which had a 4spd with high/low. This might have a 6spd with a realistic neutral between 1st & 2nd?

7 hours ago, pleegwat said:

That is what the flex system was in the mid90s. Ten year old me snapped more of them than he left intact.

Oh damn I had no idea they were already plastic. I wonder if there's a better way to design them that doesn't have a really thin neck

5 hours ago, 1340cc said:

I'm wondering about the gearbox, the Land Rover Defender was a similarly priced set which had a 4spd with high/low. This might have a 6spd with a realistic neutral between 1st & 2nd?

I've designed a lot of gearboxes over the past few years, and, at least with current pieces, reliable sequential 6-speeds are extremely hard to make. Not that it's impossible, but I don't think it's too likely that they will do it, unfortunately

I would like to think now is when we will get the last pieces we need for a realistic sequential as there are not many parts left;

2 new clutches with gear teeth (different gear sizes) 3L

2 or 3 new gears with clutch and 2 or 3 without, possible new teeth count to keep the size for clutch engagement if the size is to be kept down 

wave cam with 2 waves and 1/8 engagement (if you put the cam peak at 22.5 degrees from axle cross you get 8 possible positions allowing for 7 speeds and a neutral

Although it might use a larger gear size altogether, 2 studs between the gear shafts would allow for larger ratio changes. 

As most of the new parts would be the gears it might not use any, it could use the same existing ratio for separate gears allowing for realistic operation without all the new elements required. Only 2 new elements would be required which Lego would like and I care more about the operation than a ratio change in a static model anyway.

7 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I've designed a lot of gearboxes over the past few years, and, at least with current pieces, reliable sequential 6-speeds are extremely hard to make. Not that it's impossible, but I don't think it's too likely that they will do it, unfortunately

They'll probably do what they've done with 1:8 cars and slap a 12 speed transmission in, and simply not use 6 gears.

Either that they will surprise us with a proper clutch pieces to make realistic and compact transmissions.

Or completely blow our minds with a new transmission assembly like the differentials.

This bike certainly has intriguing potential but as always guys and gals, we must temper out expectations whilst continuing to send our wishes to our overlords!

Edited by allanp

Realistically it’ll probably have a four speed box with a rubbber band driving the engine and a bit of bendy plastic as a windscreen or maybe an outline in flex hoses.
id be glad of some bigger bike wheels and maybe some bigger suspension units though. 

@MinusAndy :laugh_hard:

At least a brickbuilt windshield piece has to be there for 200€. But I wouldn't be suprised if TLG did the Kinder-Suprise-Egg windshield again.

2 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

@MinusAndy :laugh_hard:

At least a brickbuilt windshield piece has to be there for 200€. But I wouldn't be suprised if TLG did the Kinder-Suprise-Egg windshield again.

I would expect that in order to achieve a realistic enough shape to please BMW they would need either a new mold or just the flexible plastic one again. A new mold would obviously look better, but if they can put the new-mold costs towards something more important and reusable (like a 32T gear!) I would be fine with that.

2 hours ago, MinusAndy said:

Realistically it’ll probably have a four speed box with a rubbber band driving the engine and a bit of bendy plastic as a windscreen or maybe an outline in flex hoses.

That's a tiny improvement over the 42109 Ducatti.. But why do I feel like it's more likely than not :cry_sad:

On 10/15/2021 at 9:21 PM, Homersapien said:

My LEGO technic motorcycles collection will go insane with this addition !!!

LOL - so will mine.

22 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

10 more days til we get to see this bad boy!

Indeed. The ducati already has all the usual functions of a Technic motorbike plus a 2 speed gearbox. Very curious what additions (if any) are present in this "UCS" motorbike to warrant it's size increase. I really do hope it isn't 3 times more expensive just for the sake of making it bigger. 

8 minutes ago, allanp said:

Indeed. The ducati already has all the usual functions of a Technic motorbike plus a 2 speed gearbox. Very curious what additions (if any) are present in this "UCS" motorbike to warrant it's size increase. I really do hope it isn't 3 times more expensive just for the sake of making it bigger. 

Quite sadly, the latter is a possibility.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

10 more days til we get to see this bad boy!

I lost track of this thread... but scrolling through I did notice the official release date.  I think it was mid march.  Do you have some official information as to what venue will be sharing more information about this set 10 days from now? 

The Ducati was a nice Technic set... But not a Ducati at all. The chassis and engine were more a Yamaha VMax, with that wide V4 and a full cradle chassis. I hope a bigger scale allows more accuracy, like a proper Deltabox chassis in this case.