1 minute ago, Akbalder said:

Could this set "replace" the 2022 1:8 car?

Sadly its possible; but I hope not. We probably would see summer set list on January or February, then we would know

1 minute ago, Akbalder said:

Could this set "replace" the 2022 1:8 car?

No, I think it's another series to go along, every 2 years a 1:8 car and and a 1:5 bike. And inbetween 1:10 cars and the 1:16 mini ones.

@Akbalder I doubt it. Not expensive enough for that. :innocent:

I think a lot of people only like either cars or bikes, but not both equally. I only like cars, and while I do think some bikes are kinda cool I probably still would never buy one. And 200 bones is too much for "kinda cool" 

Edited by Gray Gear

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

But the pistons have to be visible, that's the point of technic.

Like the Porsche GT3RS? :tongue: 

I think this set received the CAT treatment, which is being big mostly for the sake of being big.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@Zerobricks Maybe brickbuilt Engine?

The real bike's pistons have a diameter of 80mm, which at 1:5 scale corresponds to exactly two studs (16mm). Brick-built pistons are very likely.

21 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I’m a bit worried, this isn’t replacing a new UCS 1:8 scale car, is it?

No way they're going to replace one of their most expensive product spots with one half the price.

While I'm even less a bike-person than a car-person, I must say that this set has the wow-factor going for it, with its size. I'm also expecting to see new long shock absorbers and possibly other new parts too (beside the obvious wheels and tyres).

I don't think producing single-use parts like the wheels is a problem for TLG, they seem to be doing it almost every year, with things like the concrete mixer drum and various buckets. They'll make a production run of enough of those, then reassign the machinery for something else.

I'm quite intrigued by this set. Larger tires should be very useful for making models at scales previously impossible. I also imagine that there will be both skinny and wide tires. There will very likely be a gearbox, and I'd expect a ratcheting shifter, unlike the Ducati and like the 1:8 supercars. Whether more functions, like a clutch or brakes, are included, is doubtful, but they should certainly have room. I guess there will be larger brake disc parts too.

Really hoping for a solid set here. I wouldn’t even be mad if this replaced the UCS super car which has just been the same old thing with a new body every release…

This set has definitely sparked considerable interest from me, can't wait to see it. Especially looking forward to the new wheels and whatever solutions they come up with to overcome the obvious problems with creating a bike at this scale.

What excites me most though is how it will open up a whole new scale for mocs.

Interesting! As the owner of a real-life Kawasaki zx10r and lover of sportsbikes, to see a bike being done properly at a decent scale (ducati was shite...), makes me quite excited. I just hope they do it justice.... the stream of cars in various scales, does nothing for me at all. The change in itself is very welcome. Fingers crossed for a proper effort.

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I’m a bit worried, this isn’t replacing a new UCS 1:8 scale car, is it?

The 1:8 series sells like hot cakes. If there is anything big corporations like above anything else, it’s money.

So no, no way they will replace them. I’m sure if this BMW sells well we’ll also get a successor in 2024.

Ah, I was wondering if we'd see a new bike this year. This one sounds really promising !

According to the internet, the real bike has an I-4 engine and a six-speed transmission, so we can expect something along these lines. An actual 6-speed does seem doubtful to me, since sequential 6-speeds are very hard to build in Lego (I think it's usually easier to build an 8-speed and ignore 2 gears!)

Wow! Instant buy for me if this set is done well.

I can appreciate a set like the 42107 Ducati but always hoped for more detail and part count from a Technic motorcycle. Great choice for a subject model as well.

8 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

According to the internet, the real bike has an I-4 engine and a six-speed transmission, so we can expect something along these lines. An actual 6-speed does seem doubtful to me, since sequential 6-speeds are very hard to build in Lego (I think it's usually easier to build an 8-speed and ignore 2 gears!)

That's true for the current system of gearbox pieces. You never know, we might finally be getting an updated one? 

22 hours ago, piterx said:

can't wait for the new big wheels :D Rc bikes will be a lot of fun for a while!

Woop!

Wonder what else we'll get?

My worry for this set is the steering neck. They've always been wobbly on Lego bikes and now with 2k pieces this thing is going to weigh around 2kg, how do you put that stress sideways through a single axle, which also needs to cope with us pressing down to activate the suspension? I have to guess/hope there will be small turntables in the steering neck, or something new to make it stronger.

I do hope they do something above the ducati to justify its increase in size. Maybe a new type of 6 speed gearbox? Working pneumatic brakes would also be easy to access and play with on a motorbike. 

10 minutes ago, allanp said:

I do hope they do something above the ducati to justify its increase in size. Maybe a new type of 6 speed gearbox? Working pneumatic brakes would also be easy to access and play with on a motorbike. 

Those would be great to have, but I think the easiest (and hence most likely) improvements would be a ratcheting shifter, a 4-speed, and a clutch.