Zilmrud

[Freebuild] The Druid Tower

The Druid Tower

In the mountains south of the Western Gate in Zamorah lies a dark forest called Urskogen. The forest is dense and hard to reach. And in this remote area lives Zorn, one of the druids from the old days. He is a descendant to the founder of the mountain city of Zamorah.

51570573464_1b3399a149_w.jpg

51564301702_231e5dc412.jpg

51564301517_d0d2c2d7a4_w.jpg  51564300727_82d5a4154a_n.jpg   51565782649_6680e14c62_n.jpg   51564299142_b341505323_n.jpg

Here he lives in an old tower in the middle of the forest. The towers was built many generations ago around the last known plant of the Ava tree in Zamorah. This magical tree only grows naturaly in the Enchanted forest in the western parts of Avalonia. The tree is now a part of the tower itself. The Ava tree has many magical properties and are a key stone in druid potions and enchantments. The tree also has a voice of it's own and some druids can communicate with them.

51566030815_c7aaa7ce26_z.jpg

51565094646_7e551a209e_w.jpg   51564301967_58c4fd82ef_w.jpg   51565339503_76cfb994a8_w.jpg   51565340648_cdf6795481_w.jpg

In the woods by the tower there is an ancient portal gate built by the druids a long time ago. Portals where used to get to to other places in Historica and in time. Not many of these portal gates is still active in Historica. So it's not as useful as it has been. And only a few now how to use them.

51565339768_0ca013fdf9_z.jpg

Spoiler

I've been away from Historica for some time. Mostly because of work and lack of building joy. But as many other things in life i goes up and down. I hope I can find more time to build.

The idea of a tower came from the contest earlier. But the tower took a long time to finnish. And I choose to build more surrondings envorioments than I initially intended. Mostly so it can fit some side stories from my main story about Parzival. But also so I can show it on coming exhibitions/shows.

Edited by Zilmrud

Such a vibrant and colourful scene which gives a really peaceful and idyllic atmosphere! I like how the light blue bell-like flowers compliment the purple foliage of the tree - it was one of the first things that caught my eye. That and the spiral staircase!

This is a beautiful build! The tree itself really pops with the colour choices and I really like those blue bell flowers. I like the technique for the tower rocks too. Where is the druid torso from?

Edited by Eyrezer

12 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Such a vibrant and colourful scene which gives a really peaceful and idyllic atmosphere! I like how the light blue bell-like flowers compliment the purple foliage of the tree - it was one of the first things that caught my eye. That and the spiral staircase!

Thanks! I had a hard time to set the season, fall, summer or spring. So I mixed it up :laugh:

I was uncertain about the purple and blue at first. But it made it pop a little more.

11 hours ago, Eyrezer said:

This is a beautiful build! The tree itself really pops with the colour choices and I really like those blue bell flowers. I like the technique for the tower rocks too. Where is the druid torso from?

Thanks

The rocks took awhile to build. Everyone is unique. Fastened with ball joints. The fig is mostly Skull Sorcerer from Ninjago NJO691.

Those large rock boulders for the tower really do look great!  The light blue water makes for a very peaceful and colorful feeling to the build as well as Ayrlego mentioned, and I love that you went the extra mile with the interior all the way through the tower! :classic:  Really nice job on that portal too!

4 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Those large rock boulders for the tower really do look great!  The light blue water makes for a very peaceful and colorful feeling to the build as well as Ayrlego mentioned, and I love that you went the extra mile with the interior all the way through the tower! :classic:  Really nice job on that portal too!

Thanks alot! 

What a tower--as I said on Insta, so neat that it's built out of chucks of rock on the bottom!  A beautiful landscape too, and I really love the tree growing all the way through the tower!

On 10/12/2021 at 1:27 AM, Kai NRG said:

What a tower--as I said on Insta, so neat that it's built out of chucks of rock on the bottom!  A beautiful landscape too, and I really love the tree growing all the way through the tower!

Thanks man! I started the build when the tower challange began. But it took so long with the stones :grin:

It hadn't decided if the tree grow inside or if the tower was built around the tree until i wrote this post :laugh:

First, I love the map!  Overall, the scale and level of detail is terrific!  Each area of the MOC is special and unique - while still being part of a cohesive scene.  You've done a great job of blending nature with agriculture - and of course architecture with the wonderful tower in the center.  I've looked through the photos several times and keep finding gems - like the door to the tower.  The interior really puts this MOC over the top.  Very well done!

Woah, the tower is epic. :oh:  The stonework in the bottom half is very unique and looks lovely.  I'm always happy to see a Duplo shield incorporated into a MOC too!

On 10/20/2021 at 3:34 AM, jtooker said:

First, I love the map!  Overall, the scale and level of detail is terrific!  Each area of the MOC is special and unique - while still being part of a cohesive scene.  You've done a great job of blending nature with agriculture - and of course architecture with the wonderful tower in the center.  I've looked through the photos several times and keep finding gems - like the door to the tower.  The interior really puts this MOC over the top.  Very well done!

Thanks alot. This build ha alot going on. Most of my GoH builds has been built only for GoH and pictures. This build is also built to show on events. So it's details all way round :classic::thumbup:

On 10/26/2021 at 7:16 AM, mrcp6d said:

Woah, the tower is epic. :oh:  The stonework in the bottom half is very unique and looks lovely.  I'm always happy to see a Duplo shield incorporated into a MOC too!

Thanks. I love that shield. But it's quite big. So I put it there like a typ of trophy or such. Maybe a shield from som big creature from older days or so.

13 hours ago, Eyrezer said:

Does the portal lead to here, I wonder? 🤔

Well, that was a really good guess. I haven't really thought about it. Maybe I can use that in my main story later. As a way for Z (Parzival) to come to Kaliphlin :sweet::thumbup: