Elephant Knight

[WIP] Jack Stone Hulled ship WIP experiment. NOW COMPLETE!

And here is the completed MOC. Well, as complete as I am likely to do it. I don't care much for doing interiors. A few parts need to be ordered in the correct colours, but otherwise, it's complete.

53095432372_4bafc54c45_z.jpgDauntless V4 (7) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

53095432272_56452f47af_z.jpgDauntless V4 by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

53095995186_08439de3ea_z.jpgDauntless V4 (9) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

53095432377_4858110bb2_z.jpgDauntless V4 (8) by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

WIP pictures:

Spoiler

I've wanted to MOC with those Jack stone hulls for quite some time now, and recently got my hands on a set, with an extra middle section too boot. easy and cheap way to get a large boat going, if you don't mind paying the shipping.

51568864597_08131afb7e_z.jpgDauntless WIP by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

We'll see how much I work on this, I have a few other projects on the go at the moment (Like the Blacktron ship in the background)

51569664931_33d27ec243_z.jpgDauntless WIP by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

51570594835_5687f32c56_z.jpgDauntless WIP by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

EKnight

Edited by Elephant Knight

6 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Great shaping... Er... I'm puzzled by some LBG parts of the bow, the rounded ones. Were are they from ?

Those are part of the hull parts. rather difficult to work around.

EKnight

3 hours ago, Elephant Knight said:

Those are part of the hull parts. rather difficult to work around.

I've always been curious about the MOCing potential of the 4+ Pirates sets.

The sets in their own right were hideous due to their excessive use of large parts but they I speculated they may have potential for use in larger builds.

There haven't been a great deal of Pirate MOCs utilising 4+ parts and not being a MOCer myself, I've had not feel inclined to experiment.

So it will be interesting to see how this ship turns out. :thumbup:

I love the use of these hull pieces! 
 I always wanted to try moc the early Harry Potter ship that used similar hulls. 
I think someone used them to moc a Flying Dutchman and to this day I think it’s still my favorite “lego” scale version of the ship iv seen.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress in working with those hull pieces. I've always found their shaping to be quite interesting and full of potential.

Due to the excessive sloping/tumblehome at the bow, it looks like more of a "space frigate" to me (a' la Disney's Treasure Island) , rather than a "usual" age of sails ship. Still, you have managed to incorporate those 4+ pieces really seamlessly and one cannot easily discern where the big piece ends and where the small bricks start.

Interesting build. I have some hull parts, but never thought they could really be useful. Great job finding a use for them.

I love how your shaping works with the hull pieces! Your post made me decide to upload one I did using these. They are really underused, imo!

That's a great looking ship! One would hardly even know what the basis of the hulls are if you weren't already aware or looking very, very closely.

After sitting on my shelf for a few months, I finally got around to making the sales. A few parts need to be swapped out when I get the correct colours, but otherwise it's done. Well, unless I want to go about doing an interior. There is plenty of room, and I left it accessible. I've updated the first post with the pictures.

EKnight