Sign in to follow this  
makushima

[MOC] Lego Art - Sridevi Mosaic (Building Instructions)

You’ve captured her face brilliantly. How do you make these, one tile at a time or is there a software you can use that figures it out for you? I’d love to have a custom one hanging on one of my walls.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

You’ve captured her face brilliantly. How do you make these, one tile at a time or is there a software you can use that figures it out for you? I’d love to have a custom one hanging on one of my walls.

I can't recall the name but there is a software floating around that can make mosaic from any picture.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:42 PM, karmajay said:

I can't recall the name but there is a software floating around that can make mosaic from any picture.

All software which makes mosaic work fine only when amount of pixels close to amounts of bricks. This software completely failed to produce any good result from big picture to small size like 48x48. Only true handy work can bring such result.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:02 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

The simplest tool to use for designing mosaic is the Bricklink Stud.io. But as @makushima wrote, it takes more than a software to make an end product like this. Speaking from my experience, it takes a well-selected photo to start with (right size, color contrast), then get the basic shape in a digital software (I use Stud.io), and only then the real work begins of getting the right colors for shading and contours. It's far from being easy as 1-2-3, and voila. It takes time to plan well, so the majority of the work is done before building it.

Back to the mosaic, the color palette you used is great, the shading stands out nicely. Nice work!

That is simply put gorgeous, along with your other mosaics. I love the color palette you have chosen; its warm and easy on the eyes and the mosaic has the perfect amount of necessary detail without going into insane-piece-count-scale. Outstanding!